Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It was on itv iirc. We used to watch it religiously in my house. Memorable for Boon's motorbike,the theme tune and a very young Neil Morrissey. I'm not sure how it would hold up now,must see if I can find an episode online and give it a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It was a great series from way, way back but I've had too much Guinness down the years to remember much about it. The good news is that there's a complete series boxed set available on Amazon for £52.98 - 78 hours (!) viewing.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boon-Complete-DVD-Michael-Elphick/dp/B008H4K1Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446502529&sr=8-1&keywords=boon+complete+series

Don't think I'm up to it anymore though - just can't stay awake. :D

I bought another Michael Elphick classic series last year "Private Schulz" - it's only 300 minutes and hits the spot.

51Smk1GvnrL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In my head I still think of Neil Morrissey as 'him out of Boon' even though it was decades ago and he has done a lot since.

Having said that, I can't remember a whole lot about the series. Don't think I've seen any of it since the original run. Some of those long running ITV series of the 80s and 90s seem to be largely forgotten

Jim Diamond had a Top 5 hit with the theme song, he only passed away a few weeks ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Ruu wrote: »
    Remember this theme tune well but not much about the show itself. Anyone know what channel it was on?

I seem to remember a different opening sequence with more animation,though with the same theme tune.It was a crime series wasen't it?Kind of along the lines of Minder from what I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,181 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I remember very little about it except that it was quite entertaining. Oh and, Ken rode a BSA A65L White Lightning, and Rocky had a Norton Commando 850 Interstate. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

darkdubh wrote: »
    I seem to remember a different opening sequence with more animation,though with the same theme tune.It was a crime series wasen't it?Kind of along the lines of Minder from what I remember.

Yes, I remember a different opening as well.

Definitely ITV, Central to be specific. I'm pretty sure I remember the Central endcap on it.

Advertisement