Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aguero and the Leicester lads

• 02-11-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

2 big decisions coming up in the next few weeks that could shape our seasons. Be interested to get opinions on what people are thinking.
    Aguero I initially was thinking of going without him till the new year but on closer inspection of city's fixtures I have decided I will now be getting him in.
    Gw 13 NOV 21 liverpool H
    NOV 25 Juventus A CL
    Gw 14 NOV 28 southampton H
    DEC 1Hull H CC
    GW15 DEC 5 Stoke A
    DEC 8 B monchengladbach away CL
    GW 16 DEC 12 Swansea H
    GW 17 DEC 21 Arsenal A
    GW18 DEC 26 Sunderland H
    GW 19 DEC 29 Leicester A
    GW 20 Jan 2 Watford A
    Im thinking Gw 16 Swansea H is when I'll aim to get him back in. There is a lot of games between gw 13 and 16 for him to find his way back to fitness and no guarantee he will be playing the league games. Arsenal have Gw 14 norwich A and GW 15 Sunderland H so Id be captaining sanchez then anyway. The xmas period for city works out quite well as the majority of teams play on dec 28 so city will get 1 extra day recovery which makes it less likely for aguero to get rotated. As we know the xmas period is crazy however with stephens day on a saturday this year its not as hectic as previous years.

Leicester Lads - this is a tricky one but with the move back to aguero I see myself away from a strong front 8 and cant see myself having 2 leicester attacking players that I have to play every week from GW 14 onwards. Their fixtures are
    GW 14 UTD H
    GW 15 Swa A
    GW 16 CHE H
    GW 17 EVE A
    GW 18 LIV A
    GW 19 City H
    They have been unbelievable but I just cant see them keeping it up your basically looking at them being the best 2 players in the league if they do. I know most will say form over fixtures and are probably reluctant to sell a player before their form drops. The fear of selling and losing a lot of value and then having to buy back if it goes wrong at a much higher price can kick in also. Ive no problem taking this risk and will always try and have who I think can get me most points over the next 6 of course this can backfire spectacularly due to both players high ownership. For me I reckon Ill sell Mahrez come GW 14.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

2 big decisions coming up in the next few weeks that could shape our seasons. Be interested to get opinions on what people are thinking.
    Aguero I initially was thinking of going without him till the new year but on closer inspection of city's fixtures I have decided I will now be getting him in.
    Gw 13 NOV 21 liverpool H
    NOV 25 Juventus A CL
    Gw 14 NOV 28 southampton H
    DEC 1Hull H CC
    GW15 DEC 5 Stoke A
    DEC 8 B monchengladbach away CL
    GW 16 DEC 12 Swansea H
    GW 17 DEC 21 Arsenal A
    GW18 DEC 26 Sunderland H
    GW 19 DEC 29 Leicester A
    GW 20 Jan 2 Watford A
    Im thinking Gw 16 Swansea H is when I'll aim to get him back in. There is a lot of games between gw 13 and 16 for him to find his way back to fitness and no guarantee he will be playing the league games. Arsenal have Gw 14 norwich A and GW 15 Sunderland H so Id be captaining sanchez then anyway. The xmas period for city works out quite well as the majority of teams play on dec 28 so city will get 1 extra day recovery which makes it less likely for aguero to get rotated. As we know the xmas period is crazy however with stephens day on a saturday this year its not as hectic as previous years.

Leicester Lads - this is a tricky one but with the move back to aguero I see myself away from a strong front 8 and cant see myself having 2 leicester attacking players that I have to play every week from GW 14 onwards. Their fixtures are
    GW 14 UTD H
    GW 15 Swa A
    GW 16 CHE H
    GW 17 EVE A
    GW 18 LIV A
    GW 19 City H
    They have been unbelievable but I just cant see them keeping it up your basically looking at them being the best 2 players in the league if they do. I know most will say form over fixtures and are probably reluctant to sell a player before their form drops. The fear of selling and losing a lot of value and then having to buy back if it goes wrong at a much higher price can kick in also. Ive no problem taking this risk and will always try and have who I think can get me most points over the next 6 of course this can backfire spectacularly due to both players high ownership. For me I reckon Ill sell Mahrez come GW 14.

Thinking the same about your Aguero ideology. He'll need time to get back to full fitness. For the sake of FPL, I do hope he stays injury free, over Christmas I do think he'll be rotated though which could be a pain due to his price. Pellegrini may not want to risk him getting injured again and rest against the weaker sides??

As for Leicester, I foolishly transferred Vardy out in GW6, regretted it since. Waiting for his drop in form but he keeps on surprising me, I do think Mahrez will continue to be a catalyst in the majority of Leicesters goals but will they be able to keep it up? I do think they could be like West Ham last year, do well up until Christmas and tail off with the big boys establishing their presence.

Will look for cheaper options atm, but eventually look to fill team with the attacking top 6/7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero I'm planning on Stoke match if he's up to speed. Hopefully Lukaku has imploded by then otherwise I may have to sell Vardy. My other striker is Ighalo who I'm very happy with.

I think Leicester will be fine over those fixtures (they're actually not as bad as would seem with Chelsea in disarray and Everton defence not up to much). I'm definitely keeping Mahrez, he's so explosive and a genuine captaincy option. I don't think Vardy will take pens off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Agüero. Yeah ideally GW16 seems the way to go.

Mahrdy/Vardez. Maybe Vardy is the safest to get rid of. He only got 2 double figure scores (to Mahrez' 6 :eek: !!!). But is it really a bad idea to keep them 2? Vardy 2 double figures came against Arsenal at home & Saints away (2 of their 3 toughest games on paper). Mahrez only blank (2 pointer) came against Arsenal. It's actually incredible he only blanked once :eek:. His other one is a 45 min 1 pointer away to Bournemouth where I think he got injured (?)... His other 45 min game (away to Saints) he managed 4 pts. He's been a machine so far. If he keeps it up he's on to explode Suarez record :pac:... Interestingly he blanked in their toughest game though. So maybe this would suggest he's the one to get rid of during their tough run.

The banked cash on him issue could actually be a blessing in disguise if you sell him since you'd have a unique flexibility with him (myself & FHFC can testify it can work out great #Sanchez precedent ;)) if you get him back. So, for me, the main issue would be to find a real better candidate during this period. I'm/we're gonna have to analyse form & fixtures of the performing mids to make the no Mahrez option worth it ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Can't access the Scout article at work but I think it's dangerous to label anyone, especially at a club like Leicester, a season keeper. Think like that and you'll end up keeping players long past their sell-by date. Their form will drop eventually. The question is will it drop to relegation-like form or will they still be the highest scorers at their price and worth keeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero's a must by Stoke IMO. It seems he's back for Liverpool, so if that happens, including Liverpool he'd have 4 games to build up his minutes. If he plays near significant minutes against Juventus in the 2nd game back he'll be in my side and captained as early as Southampton in GW14.

The Leicester lads are tricky to call. At the prices most of us have brought them in at, it's going to be very hard to get them back if you want to do so especially when the vast majority of us will have the Aguero/Sanchez/De Bruyne trio taking up ~35% of our budgets, and while a long way away their fixtures from GW's 27-36 are amazing and as things stand I'd definitely want both of those in for then. The fact they were so cheap when purchased makes them much more attractive to me so that's definitely something I'll factor in. You then look at replacements in a similar price range. Vardy -> Ighalo is one that definitely makes sense to me, but Watford's fixtures from GW's 17-21 are hardly something that would be worth swinging it and Leicester's fixtures start to come back around a bit at that stage. In terms of midfielders, there's just no competition for Mahrez at that price point, well Barkley but you're more likely to get the Adam Johnson special with him of a big score one week followed by 5 blanks.

I think I'll keep both Mahrez and Vardy over the period. I reckon they will both do enough to chip in and contribute over that timeframe that means no one that is in their price range will make it worth the cost it will take to swap and get them back in when they will likely be essential for 10 weeks at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Seems Aguero is due back for Pool game so worthwhile re opening Busts thread.

Think I will see how he gets on in GW13 before looking to get him back in.
    Have other areas of my team need more attention.
    Own both Mahrez and Vardy and with Payet crocked:(....(have him too)......it would seem to make sense to me for people to hold onto Mahrez unless he blanks several weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sheez. Just looked at what I need to do to get Aguero back in.

I've 2 FTS but looks like I'd have to take a -4.

I've a couple of million lying around. So I thought I'd sell BUIB and a premium defender but the maths don't add up.

I could sell Dier and Darmian and Pelle and go Simpson, Yoshinda, Aguero but I don't like that idea at all.

Think I might ditch Sanchez to Alli or similar and go that route. I won't do anything before GW1 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I wouldn't be captaining Aguero this week anyway so I'm happy to give him a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The Payet injury has solved my Aguero dilemmma.

I can fit Sanchez, Ozil,KDB,Mahrez with Aguero,Lukaku and Vardy with a little change. I would prefer Kane to Lukaku but I'd have to sell Vardy to get that, not so sure about that tbh.

2 x -4 will get me there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

im still relatively calm about aguero gw 16 is the most likely. There is a lot of decent captaincy options about the next few weeks.
    13 Lukaku Villa H
    14 sanchez Nor A
    15 sanchez sun H
    16 Kane New H

I think KDB will be making way when I do go for aguero. I still think Ill be selling either vardy or mahrez aswell.

Evans to Simpson this week and then Payet to Gosling gets me Ighalo to Aguero for free GW14 if I want. I'd need to see how Aguero looks against Liverpool though since I'd be happy to roll it and stick to the Stoke plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Unless I absolutely have to, I won't have aguero till at least gw 15. I'm 1.8m off a frontline of lukaku vardy aguero, which I can get from dropping a premium defender, or maybe kdb. I'm defo holding onto vardez for the moment

Evans to Simpson this week and then Payet to Gosling gets me Ighalo to Aguero for free GW14 if I want. I'd need to see how Aguero looks against Liverpool though since I'd be happy to roll it and stick to the Stoke plan

I'm looking at Wanyama, 4.3, is Gosling cheaper?

im still relatively calm about aguero gw 16 is the most likely. There is a lot of decent captaincy options about the next few weeks.
    13 Lukaku Villa H
    14 sanchez Nor A
    15 sanchez sun H
    16 Kane New H

I think KDB will be making way when I do go for aguero. I still think Ill be selling either vardy or mahrez aswell.

Easier replace Vardy IMO, not many as consistent as Mahrez at his price of purchase really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dahat wrote: »

I'm looking at Wanyama too. Purely because I've got Berty as well so it means I can only ever have one of Mané or Pelle with them. The two have broken my heart between them.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm looking at Wanyama too. Purely because I've got Berty as well so it means I can only ever have one of Mané or Pelle with them. The two have broken my heart between them.

Dumped Mane, love the guy but is so frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dumped Mane, love the guy but is so frustrating.

Me too. Will be placing a same bet on him to score next GW to ease the inevitable pain.

Gosling is 4.4m. He got into some good positions on Saturday and has some decent attacking stats. I also like for my fodder to be in a team I would never want three other players from. I can't even think of one Bournemouth player I actually want!

Easier replace Vardy IMO, not many as consistent as Mahrez at his price of purchase really.

I was on vardy rather than mahrez initially. I have vardy since gw 3 6.0 million only got on mahrez at 6.2.

• Advertisement

Gosling is 4.4m. He got into some good positions on Saturday and has some decent attacking stats. I also like for my fodder to be in a team I would never want three other players from. I can't even think of one Bournemouth player I actually want!

Also he has savage low ownership at 0.4% , not likely to drop really. That's the price of the extra 0.1 I suppose.

The Payet injury has solved my Aguero dilemmma.

I can fit Sanchez, Ozil,KDB,Mahrez with Aguero,Lukaku and Vardy with a little change. I would prefer Kane to Lukaku but I'd have to sell Vardy to get that, not so sure about that tbh.

2 x -4 will get me there.

Who are your 3 starting defenders with that line up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

As an owner of Bony the immediate transfer to Aguerro is very appealing.
    I've had Vardez frum the start and they're staying. Can afford to be conservative maybe but I think there are safer avenues to go down if your playing catch-up too. Value and such high ownership are tough to oppose.
    The best plans for Kun will allow for him rising 0.2/0.3 if waiting until GW15/16 but if he comes back hot.....?

Who are your 3 starting defenders with that line up ?

Bellrin, Bertie and Moreno... Simpson, Souare sub's.

I was on vardy rather than mahrez initially. I have vardy since gw 3 6.0 million only got on mahrez at 6.2.

Mahrez to a cheapie your likely way out then.

Thought Id bump this. This latest aguero setback has me thinking I'll just steer clear of him till the new year. It means Ill keep vardy and the strong front 8 and ill have mahrez as my bench player for their next 4 che, eve, liv, city or alternatively I'll sell mahrez.
    Mane mahrez ayew kdb hazard
    lukaku kane vardy

Im happy with my front 3. Ive 2 transfers for next week so 2 of ayew/mane/mahrez will be turned into an arsenal mid and a cheaper option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My plan was to always bring Aguero back in for Swansea at home and captain him. I'm not sure sure now.

I've a FT and 7.7m in the bank which is exactly what I need to do Ighalo -> Aguero. Might bank the transfer this week and see if he plays in the CL or not.

But then there's this feeling that I could upgrade Sinclair/Mahrez to Hazard for a big one week punt. Really can't work out the best move.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

SantryRed wrote: »
    My plan was to always bring Aguero back in for Swansea at home and captain him. I'm not sure sure now.

I've a FT and 7.7m in the bank which is exactly what I need to do Ighalo -> Aguero. Might bank the transfer this week and see if he plays in the CL or not.

But then there's this feeling that I could upgrade Sinclair/Mahrez to Hazard for a big one week punt. Really can't work out the best move.

Similar position here, I've €7.1m in the bank so I might upgrade my cheap 5th midfielder for the foreseeable and go for a strong front 8 for a while.

Thought Id bump this. This latest aguero setback has me thinking I'll just steer clear of him till the new year. It means Ill keep vardy and the strong front 8 and ill have mahrez as my bench player for their next 4 che, eve, liv, city or alternatively I'll sell mahrez.
    Mane mahrez ayew kdb hazard
    lukaku kane vardy

Im happy with my front 3. Ive 2 transfers for next week so 2 of ayew/mane/mahrez will be turned into an arsenal mid and a cheaper option.

If he's back and looking half fit he'll be hard to ignore from GW18 for SUN, lei, wat.

This heel thing is a different and relatively minor knock. His hamstring is now getting another bit of rest. I'd not rule him out, in fact I'd be happy that he'd be more of a differential after everyone just got burned.

If I did go without him I'd be sorely tempted to still move Vardy on for those tough fixtures for maybe Sturridge depending how Liverpool line up this weekend and in the Europa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mahrez has shown that it's too risky to sell him, even for tough fuxtures. He could hit 15+ points any given day.
    It might be worth getting rid of Vardy though now that he's off pens and has tricky fixtures

I've decided I'm just going to stick with the two Leicester lads may bench vardy the odd time a's part of my strong front 8. I'm also going to leave aguero till the new year

Will you bench Vardy this weekend? Cause to my horror I'm considering it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Depending how their CL game goes you could bench Hazard :p...

Ye vardy or mane

Ye vardy or mane

I'll likely sell Mane for Alli who I think I'll have as my 5th mid for xmas and possibly 4th mid going forward.

So I'd be tempted to play him v Newcastle.

• Advertisement

I'll likely sell Mane for Alli who I think I'll have as my 5th mid for xmas and possibly 4th mid going forward.

So I'd be tempted to play him v Newcastle.
    I was going to go Alli myself but had a change of plan. He is a great option especiallyif aguero and sanchez were available. Ive had mane for id say half the gws this season. They are the gws he has done SFA. Despite that I think Ill keep him he just seems to be one of those frustrating players that I never seem to own at the right time.

I was going to go Alli myself but had a change of plan. He is a great option especiallyif aguero and sanchez were available. Ive had mane for id say half the gws this season. They are the gws he has done SFA. Despite that I think Ill keep him he just seems to be one of those frustrating players that I never seem to own at the right time.

Yeah selling Hazard for Alli may not be out of the question. I probably will still get Agüero before xmas unless there's any new reason not to.

Advertisement