Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 2-11-2015

• 02-11-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

As Seth Rollins looked on from ringside during last Monday night’s Raw main event, Roman Reigns triumphed over three elite Superstars to become the No. 1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Rollins has withstood some serious competition since ensnaring the title at WrestleMania—including Brock Lesnar, Sting and Dean Ambrose — but why might The Big Dog present his greatest challenge yet?

1. Sibling rivalry. Ever since Seth Rollins single-handedly dismantled The Shield in the summer of 2014, Roman Reigns has had unfinished business with The Architect, and Rollins’ cunning Money in the Bank cash-in at WrestleMania 31 — depriving The Big Dog of becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion — tore those old wounds wide open.

After settling his score with Bray Wyatt inside Hell in a Cell, a clear-headed Reigns refocused last Monday night on Raw, setting his sights on the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and its snide bearer. Winning a Fatal 4-Way Match in the night’s main event, The Big Dog ensured a title collision with his former Shield brother, a clash that’s been months in the making.

But when will this anticipated encounter occur? Undoubtedly, we’ll learn more about Reigns and Rollins’ forthcoming WWE World Heavyweight Championship matchup on Raw.

2. Lost souls. One night after The Wyatt Family dismantled and carried away The Undertaker at WWE Hell in a Cell, Bray Wyatt and his followers called out Demon Kane, who fought valiantly against his brother’s captors but ultimately suffered the same fate as The Phenom. Neither The Devil’s Favorite Demon nor The Deadman have been seen since, with The Eater of Worlds proclaiming on SmackDown that he has taken possession of their very souls and absorbed their power.

If that is the case, and Wyatt has somehow added The Brothers of Destruction’s power to his own, is The Wyatt Family indestructible? Who can stand up to The New Face of Fear and his terrifying trio of swamp monsters?

3. One nation, under Zeb. Proving once again that anything is possible in WWE, former enemies Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter are not only now on the same page, they’re the first two citizens of “MexAmerica,” a new country uniting Mexico and the United States of America. The burgeoning nation enjoyed its first triumph at WWE Hell in a Cell, where Del Rio dethroned John Cena to become United States Champion, and the returning Superstar has been on a roll ever since. Is MexAmerica destined to dominate Raw?

4. B.A.D. news for Natalya. On SmackDown, Team B.A.D. did more than distract Natalya during her anticipated bout with Paige; they delivered a cruel three-on-one beatdown to The Queen of Harts, culminating in an excruciating Bank Statement courtesy of Sasha Banks. Before laying her out, the trio accused Natalya of falsifying her mysterious backstage attack two weeks ago on SmackDown in a grab for attention. Now, it seems, she’s got the full attention of Tamina, Naomi and The Boss.

How will Natalya bounce back this week? Does a Sharpshooter await Sasha on Raw?

5. “Pretty” annoying. Tyler Breeze has always been narcissistic, but Prince Pretty has really been kicking things up a notch since joining the main WWE roster last week. Aligning with Summer Rae and repeatedly targeting Dolph Ziggler, it’s clear that “The King of Cuteville” is desperate to show up The Showoff. But why? Is it jealousy that fuels Breeze, or is he simply out to prove that there can only be one flashy, blond-haired Superstar on the roster?

Regardless, expect Ziggler to strike back against the egotistical upstart on Raw. After all, something tells us The Showoff is no stranger to crashing VIP sections.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

"The Big Dog", I've not watched in months, when did they start with that ****?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Is this a midnight start again or 1am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Is this a midnight start again or 1am?

1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Summer Breeze...makes me feel fine...

Becky's psychology isn't the best. Not sure if it's her fault (or if she was told to be timid) but it's look like her character doesn't care about what Paige did. She happily stands beside her in the ring without doing anything and then when the match starts goes after Sasha instead of Paige. Way to make people care. Her looking for revenge could have made this match interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh my lord, i wake up to new day gyrating on the ropes. lol btw xavier woods never leave again. please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

3 mid show says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

For what its worth, this was reported yesterday
    "Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Live today that a WWE source mentioned to him that the next two weeks of WWE RAW will be "rough viewing." It sounds like they've finalized some of the road to Survivor Series plans and things aren't looking good."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Summer Breeze...makes me feel fine...

I find it hard to believe Breeze's character would settle for any one woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Becky's psychology isn't the best. Not sure if it's her fault (or if she was told to be timid) but it's look like her character doesn't care about what Paige did. She happily stands beside her in the ring without doing anything and then when the match starts goes after Sasha instead of Paige. Way to make people care. Her looking for revenge could have made this match interesting.

She did go after Paige as soon as the match started, Brie pulled her down as she was running to her. She can't exactly go after Paige the entire match either when there's 2 other competitors & a title match on the line.

Just watching the main event now, usual standard show (not a good thing). I enjoyed the Lucha Dragons and good to see Jack Swagger confront Zeb, it would've really annoyed me if he was ignored during this. Forgettable for the most part though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wasn't the worst show. Some good in ring work but stories didn't really advance anywhere. Also thought Del Rio should of been the 5th team member rather than Woods to make it a team of champions and have Rollins brag he has assembled the best of the best and that they were unbeatable and all that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paulie21 wrote: »
    Wasn't the worst show. Some good in ring work but stories didn't really advance anywhere. Also thought Del Rio should of been the 5th team member rather than Woods to make it a team of champions and have Rollins brag he has assembled the best of the best and that they were unbeatable and all that

Now Paulie if you keep coming up with good logical booking like that we're going to have to ask you to leave.... :pac:

"Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Live today that a WWE source mentioned to him that the next two weeks of WWE RAW will be "rough viewing." It sounds like they've finalized some of the road to Survivor Series plans and things aren't looking good."

Hmm, well Reigns-Rollins is already more interesting than Rollins-Kane. And Wyatt-Taker-Kane should be more interesting than the build-up to Taker-Lesnar, which was poor (although the match was great).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

2 good shows in a row i thought nothing special but a solid interesting show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The Reigns megapush train is full steam ahead again so.

I don't think it will be a total failure like last time, but it's not gonna work this time either. It's still forced and artificial. The constant masturbatory promos are brutal to watch. EVERYONE has to put him over and say how great he is. Ugh.

I'll give Tyler Breeze credit - I can't wait to see him get the crap kicked out of him. So as a heel, he's doing his job. I haven't wanted to see something get beat up so bad since Adam Rose debuted (although he was meant to be a babyface).

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The Reigns megapush train is full steam ahead again so.

I don't think it will be a total failure like last time, but it's not gonna work this time either. It's still forced and artificial. The constant masturbatory promos are brutal to watch. EVERYONE has to put him over and say how great he is. Ugh.

its the same thing that happened to cena when he first turned face its vinces way of telling us this is who we should be cheering for. One of the reasons i couldnt watch cena for a few years was because of this kind of booking. it never really works if its not organic reaction people get.

What i would love to happen would be a heel turn for reigns with the authority as i think hed make a great heel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll give Tyler Breeze credit - I can't wait to see him get the crap kicked out of him. So as a heel, he's doing his job. I haven't wanted to see something get beat up so bad since Adam Rose debuted (although he was meant to be a babyface).

The thing I don't get...Dolph always seems shocked when he comes out. Does he not notice the VIP zone being set up? Seems a big clue that Breeze is on his way out? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm guessing Wyatt steals the Undertaker's "powers", letting him return to the american badass character at wrestlemania and allowing him to have a speech at the hall of fame

My prediction from Hell in a Cell thread, got the first part right, let's see how this goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

will Taker or Kane be on tv before the PPV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

sky88 wrote: »
    its the same thing that happened to cena when he first turned face its vinces way of telling us this is who we should be cheering for. One of the reasons i couldnt watch cena for a few years was because of this kind of booking. it never really works if its not organic reaction people get.

What i would love to happen would be a heel turn for reigns with the authority as i think hed make a great heel.

Cena's face turn was about organic as it gets. He was doing the heel rapper gimmick, but was so entertaining the crowd cheered for him instead.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

boring as f**k.
    things I like in WWE right now: Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sasha Banks.
    things I hate in WWE right now: Just about everything else. Especially the promos, just god awful. Everyone seems to be absolutely dickless and theres just nothing there. They are trying SO hard it hurts and the scripts... jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BMMachine wrote: »
    boring as f**k.
    things I like in WWE right now: Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sasha Banks.
    things I hate in WWE right now: Just about everything else. Especially the promos, just god awful. Everyone seems to be absolutely dickless and theres just nothing there. They are trying SO hard it hurts and the scripts... jesus

Laughed so hard at this

Enjoyed the Wyatt promo tonight.

Just like a night in Temple Bar in Dublin - Another JBL Ireland reference :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering what Reigns was going to say when he stopped like that.

Cena's face turn was about organic as it gets. He was doing the heel rapper gimmick, but was so entertaining the crowd cheered for him instead.

Sorry I meant after he turned face yes the actual turn had to happen as he was being cheered to much

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

in the Rollins - Reigns promo I believe they say "WWE World Heavyweight Championship" 5 times. it sounds so unnatural and they are just hamstringing guys with crap. Cesaro's music for example - how the f**k did anyone go "yeah this is good. go and make it work". NXT is a lot of fun though, I enjoy watching that when its on but WWE seems to absolutely kill them when they get to the main roster. I think tyler breeze is a good wrestler but has he had a match yet? no, he just comes out and does his gimmick a sh*t ton. THE REASON THE GIMMICK GOT OVER IS BECAUSE HE USES IT IN HIS MATCHES AND ITS FUNNY AS WELL AS ANNOYING. Cena, amazingly, has been one of the biggest highlights of the year both with the Rusev feud and the US title challenge. And whats so enjoyable about it? The great matches! (Okay springboard stunner should have pinned someone at least once and the STF is still terrible). I haven't been this disinterested in the product since Miz was champion in that awful 2010 / 11 period just after they buried the Nexus. (not counting the 2005 - 2009 period where I actually straight up didnt watch. reading back over some of the crap from that era though Im so glad I didnt)

And Roman Reigns. Oh Roman. Just bang out refuse to speak. Go into the ring, wreck people, and get over that way. You dont need a "Believe That" catch phrase (really? really? Believe That? Really? That was the best they could do? Same guy who okayed the Cesaro music behind that I think), just be good in the ring - which he is. If anyone is a modern Goldberg it could totally have been this guy but no no, sploodge your load again WWE and put him in a WM main event where everyone wanted the heel to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Owens and Ambrose will feud now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Owens and Ambrose will feud now

Finally a feud where it's not obvious from the start who they're putting over at the end

Advertisement