Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2016

Options
  • 03-11-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

New Order
    The Cure
    Lush
    maybe Shellac

Anyone else with a good tip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Is this random guessing or based on an announcement? Shellac only need to play one more time and they get a free sandwich so they'll be there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bowie

Daft Punk

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

a few guesses:
    Lush
    Savages
    The National
    Courtney Barnett
    Massive Attack

Big fan first time round but not sure I'd want the Stone Roses there.

Ticket price goes up on Wednesday so expecting a name or two soon.

Anyone know if/when the porto ticket price goes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Toast wrote: »
    Is this random guessing or based on an announcement? Shellac only need to play one more time and they get a free sandwich so they'll be there for sure.

Random guessing, .... apart from Shellac.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if/when the porto ticket price goes up?

Last year it was €90 until Feb if that's anything to go by

Drive Like Jehu self confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Is it just me or is the announcement later this year? Maybe it was just that The Strokes were announced first thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Is it just me or is the announcement later this year? Maybe it was just that The Strokes were announced first thing...
    You are correct, they announced a few acts before Christmas last year. Ride were also announced early last year

Tis odd alright. For the last four years they've released about 3/4 names by Xmas, including headliners. Bands self confirming are thin on the ground this year as well. They've obviously made enough ticket sales already to carry them into the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Strange. Will wait and see how the lineup is before deciding. First time last year and loved it but may try another foreign festival instead. Any other recommendations?

I'm undecided on PS BCN for next year, thinking about giving Porto a go, heard great reports about the last one. I hear OFF is pretty good.

Can't see New Order doing it now they've signed up for both BBK and Sonar. The Cure have added more US dates so they won't be there. More announcements today for BBK and NOS, PS must be the only festival that's not leaking any details!

Wild Nothing and Tortoise confirmed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LCD a shoe in for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd imagine so.

lordgoat wrote: »
    LCD a shoe in for this?

Depends if they do Gov Ball the same weekend, they're doing Bonnaroo so that rules out PS Porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Depends if they do Gov Ball the same weekend, they're doing Bonnaroo so that rules out PS Porto.
    they're not doing Governors Ball according to the guy at CoS who has been breaking the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

governor's ball released
    http://www.stereogum.com/1851989/governors-ball-2016-lineup/news/

LCD not there so pretty much guaranteed they're playing primavera. great gov ball lineup though, a lot of good acts taken from primavera

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

governor's ball released
    http://www.stereogum.com/1851989/governors-ball-2016-lineup/news/

LCD not there so pretty much guaranteed they're playing primavera. great gov ball lineup though, a lot of good acts taken from primavera

Ouch for primavera...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Lineup announced

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/63052-primavera-sound-2016-lineup-announced/

Pretty solid I think looking at governors ball. Hopefully I get a lot of the rest at EP and Glasto.

Will probably go to primavera now even though the vibe is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

CZPAJgiWIAA3Yvz.jpg

I actually had to check that wasn't fake. Hopefully Porto gets some of the great from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Lineup announced

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/63052-primavera-sound-2016-lineup-announced/

Pretty solid I think looking at governors ball. Hopefully I get a lot of the rest at EP and Glasto.

Will probably go to primavera now even though the vibe is terrible.

This is my first year going, why is the vibe terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I actually had to check that wasn't fake. Hopefully Porto gets some of the great from that.

Haha me too. It's a damn good lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    This is my first year going, why is the vibe terrible?

vibe is great at it. Its a music festival solely catering for people who actually want to see the bands rather than sit in their campsite drinking or go on funfair rides

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

indiewindy wrote: »
    vibe is great at it. Its a music festival solely catering for people who actually want to see the bands rather than sit in their campsite drinking or go on funfair rides

Yeah, it's great, no trouble, no p!ssheads. Good music, crowd that like good music. What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

indiewindy wrote: »

That's what I like to hear. I'd no intention of going until the line up was released today, all booked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

How long is it usually before tickets sell out?

We plan on going if we don't get EURO 16 tickets but we won't find out til late Feb it seems, which could be too late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

How long is it usually before tickets sell out?

We plan on going if we don't get EURO 16 tickets but we won't find out til late Feb it seems, which could be too late?

Advertisement