Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Radiohead announced for Nos Alive which probably rules out an appearance at Nos Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

After seeing that lineup I've booked by ticket!

I've never been before. Is the venue ok to get to/from if I stay in the city? Also, I probably won't be arriving till late Thursday evening, will this cause any problems? Thanks for helping out a newbie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Festival is easily accessible from pretty much anywhere though getting back (4am - 5am morning) you will be queuing to get into buses/metros/taxis etc so if this bothers you book a place close to the venue so you can walk. Poblenou is a good recommendation. Otherwise aim for somewhere close to the yellow metro for convenience.

Festival starts Thursday evening so if you arrive too late you will miss bands but most headliners don't come on until Midnight / 1am. Expect some biggish names from 7pm onwards. Opening party is Wednesday and might have a largish name too. Similarly watch with booking flights too early on the Sunday morning. The Festival is billed to Saturday but actually runs well into Sunday morning with high profile acts playing even at 3am / 4am that day (don't forget there is a closing party which is Sunday Evening which often will have one high profile act too!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

griffdaddy wrote: »
    This is my first year going, why is the vibe terrible?

judge for yourself when you get there, i'd be interested in hearing your view

flights, tickets and hotel all booked though, €2k so far! pricey but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

judge for yourself when you get there, i'd be interested in hearing your view

flights, tickets and hotel all booked though, €2k so far! pricey but worth it

2k? How did it cost that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Extraplus wrote: »
    After seeing that lineup I've booked by ticket!

I've never been before. Is the venue ok to get to/from if I stay in the city? Also, I probably won't be arriving till late Thursday evening, will this cause any problems? Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Wednesday night is good for getting your wristband, card, t-shirts and easing your way in. Usually finished up by 11.

Suede and Goat playing Wednesday so you'll miss them.
    OhHiMark wrote: »

Yeah, that is a ridiculous figure. I only booked everything last April for the festival the following month and I'd say it cost me about €550 or thereabouts.

Anyway, first installment paid, will be my 3rd in 4 years, can't wait!

Gonna go Tuesday to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

that's for two people, flights 300 return each from Dublin. AC hotel beside the parc for 200 a night for 5 nights prob worst. ****e hotel as well but so close it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads when does Porto get announced? A lot of bands i wanna see have dates planned in Ireland already eg Explosions, moderat, battles etc.
    Now LCD not counting mychickens will hopefully show up in Ireland and possibly Radiohead .

My train of thought is doing away with the Barca idea, but between the Porto Version (who will have Air but not Radiohead ) and Irish gigs nearly all the boxes would be ticked , then doing it all in one go at Barca. Plus porto is a good €90 cheaper, plus i could hang around for longer and go for a surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads when does Porto get announced? A lot of bands i wanna see have dates planned in Ireland already eg Explosions, moderat, battles etc.
    Now LCD not counting mychickens will hopefully show up in Ireland and possibly Radiohead .

My train of thought is doing away with the Barca idea, but between the Porto Version (who will have Air but not Radiohead ) and Irish gigs nearly all the boxes would be ticked , then doing it all in one go at Barca. Plus porto is a good €90 cheaper, plus i could hang around for longer and go for a surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'll bet any money that LCD will play EP and then have their own Winter show announced to promote the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 dublinfolk

I cant wait for it, Third year in a row & keeps getting better each time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

****, was not expecting that. I didn't get one in time. If anyone has a ticket and needs a hotel let me know cos I prepaid for 4 nights at the Atenea Mar!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nitrus96

You can still get a day ticket for all 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 10 davidgrace

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - seems like an obvious one to me

What are the odds that they'll release more tickets?

nitrus96 wrote: »
    You can still get a day ticket for all 3 days

No you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nitrus96

No you can't.

Go to the official website and click on Portal, it'll give you the options there

nitrus96 wrote: »
    Go to the official website and click on Portal, it'll give you the options there

Looks like they selling tickets for €80, which I assume aren't full tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

There won't be any more week(end) tickets but you can still buy day tickets for Thurs/Fri/Sat for €80 (€5).

They did give a few warnings in the last week that tickets were about to sell out.

• Advertisement

davidgrace wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - seems like an obvious one to me

For?

No you can't.

Yes you can.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Yes you can.

Weekend tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1 for each day

Weekend tickets?

What are you on about? YOU said you couldn't buy 3 separate day tickets when it's clear you can.

There won't be any more week(end) tickets but you can still buy day tickets for Thurs/Fri/Sat for €80 (€5).

They did give a few warnings in the last week that tickets were about to sell out.

Those warnings must've been in Catalan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Those warnings must've been in Catalan

They were all over twitter in English to be fair

Friday day tix sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Friday day tix sold out

You sure about that? I bought some last night, close to midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Extraplus wrote: »
    I've never been before. Is the venue ok to get to/from if I stay in the city?

I think you are better off staying close to the venue and travelling into the centre of the city when you want to. I'd rather it was easier to get home when I'm finished at Primavera.

Advertisement