Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stay in Poblenou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Are we bothering with separate threads for the Porto festival? Lineup is out anyway and personally I'm about as happy as could be. https://www.nosprimaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?id=1425 No LCD and Radiohead but haven't done a complete head to head to see who else is missing but very happy with whats there. The lack of the two big hitters should keep it less jammed which was why I chose Porto over Barca anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Agh, sod all of the hip-hop acts are there

No Pusha T, Action Bronson or Jay Rock anyway. They were three of the acts making me want to go to the Barcelona one.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

whoops, double post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finally booked flights, a stopover each way but feck it, half the price of direct flights. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Birneybau wrote: »
    Finally booked flights.

Can I ask how much, with who and where's the stopover?
    I haven't even looked at flights or accommodation properly yet.
    Some friends who have been the past few years were actually put off by flight prices.

Used Skyscanner, flights with Lufthansa. Leave at 11:15 on Weds 1st June, Munich for an hour, arrive in Barcelona 17:30 in time for Goat and Suede. Leave Barcelona at 18:30 on the 6th, Frankfurt for 45 mins, back in Dublin at 22:50. €175.

Staying in Travelodge, Pobleneu, €585 for 6 nights for 2.

Bear in mind that Monday the 5th is an Irish bank holiday so if there are flights, they won't be cheap. Saw one for €199 alon.

Left it later last year and got direct flights and Holiday Inn, Pobleneu for about same price but then, it hadn't sold out last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hey, just looking at doing this next year for a change. Can't find a price for weekend tickets? Can anyone give the heads up and when they normally go on sale?
    Also how easy/hard is it to get accomodation etc? Trying to get a few of us there for the first time and wanna get saving now. Ta

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hey, just looking at doing this next year for a change. Can't find a price for weekend tickets? Can anyone give the heads up and when they normally go on sale?
    Also how easy/hard is it to get accomodation etc? Trying to get a few of us there for the first time and wanna get saving now. Ta

First batch of tickets is around 100e for the full ticket, they go up in increments after that. The line up will not be available for these tickets though.

easy to get accommodation. You can do the entire festival for 600e easily (depending on how you drink/eat)

lordgoat wrote: »
    First batch of tickets is around 100e for the full ticket, they go up in increments after that. The line up will not be available for these tickets though.

easy to get accommodation. You can do the entire festival for 600e easily (depending on how you drink/eat)

Crikey, thats good innit. The line up for the past few years looks cracking so not too worried about it not delivering in that aspect and also got Barcelona to while the time in. Fab.

• Advertisement

Crikey, thats good innit. The line up for the past few years looks cracking so not too worried about it not delivering in that aspect and also got Barcelona to while the time in. Fab.

Think this is the first time it has sold out. If you miss the early bird tickets, do as I do every year and do the 3 installments package, €65 and then €60 a month for the following 2 months. Don't notice it.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Think this is the first time it has sold out. If you miss the early bird tickets, do as I do every year and do the 3 installments package, €65 and then €60 a month for the following 2 months. Don't notice it.

ah cool, installments as well. So options a plenty. just been checking accomodation for this year in barcelona and still plenty available for 6 nights and under 500e for that. Albeit a bit of a trek.
    What time does it tend to kick off? Read somewhere I 'think' that it normally starts up around 5pm to the wee hours? So gives time for a bit of lunch etc or am I getting that mixed up with NOS?

ah cool, installments as well. So options a plenty. just been checking accomodation for this year in barcelona and still plenty available for 6 nights and under 500e for that. Albeit a bit of a trek.
    What time does it tend to kick off? Read somewhere I 'think' that it normally starts up around 5pm to the wee hours? So gives time for a bit of lunch etc or am I getting that mixed up with NOS?

Yeah, though I'd head down about 7 or 8, depending on who's on, long old day otherwise. Can go on to 7 a.m. over the weekend with DJs and that.

Tend to go for lunch and then have a siesta before heading down.

I'm still on the fence about going or not. Hassle of having to sell the tickets though. Better make a decision soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Effects wrote: »
    I'm still on the fence about going or not. Hassle of having to sell the tickets though. Better make a decision soon.

:eek:
    Well I'm studying in Barcelona and would GLADLY take them from yer hands without hassle :rolleyes:

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    :eek:
    Well I'm studying in Barcelona and would GLADLY take them from yer hands without hassle :rolleyes:

I'll keep you in mind.
    I should note that I had to get three separate day tickets as weekend tickets were gone.

Anyone been to Nos Primavera before remember what the security on the way in was like? Was at Nos Alive in Lisbon and it was the police doing searches. They had a mini freak out because I tried to bring in a mirrorless camera. Wondering if it'll be similar?

The Avalanches added, first gig since 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Clashfinder has some times, never 100% accurate but has got a lot right in previous years, good for a gawk anyway. Brian Wilson is all over t'internet today saying he's gonna miss Drive Like Jehu ....

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Clashfinder has some times, never 100% accurate but has got a lot right in previous years, good for a gawk anyway. Brian Wilson is all over t'internet today saying he's gonna miss Drive Like Jehu ....

Think this is just some dude off another forum having a stab at it rather than anything official.

Dreading all the inevitable clashes.

Still have the Secret Strage bands to come too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 GreenManalshi

Still have the Secret Strage bands to come too[/QUOTE]

What's the Secret Stage? I don't remember anything about that from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Still have the Secret Strage bands to come too

What's the Secret Stage? I don't remember anything about that from last year.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's the Heineken 'Hidden' Stage.

Few bands announced with a couple of weeks to go. Girl Band played it in 2014. 2015 bands below.

It's a small stage in the forum but you need to pick up tickets in advance - much like the Auditori gigs.

cartel-Hidden-Stage-2015-678x480.png

Has anyone ever had to change the name on Primavera tickets bought from redtkt.com ?
    Think I might be selling my tickets but anticipating it could be a bit of a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Did anyone buy their ticket on Ticketmaster ireland? Just wondering when they will be available to print or what the craic is there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just doing my research for this (i'm a loser like taht) and Sigur Ros, Radiohead and PJ Harvey are all starting their new tours at this! No previous gigs from any of them on current tour/album

Crazy how Primavera pulled it all together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

just doing my research for this (i'm a loser like taht) and Sigur Ros, Radiohead and PJ Harvey are all starting their new tours at this! No previous gigs from any of them on current tour/album

Crazy how Primavera pulled it all together

???

Radiohead have the following shows before Primavera Sound
    MAY 2016
    20th Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall
    21st Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall
    23rd Paris, Le Zénith
    24th Paris, Le Zénith
    26th London, Roundhouse
    27th London, Roundhouse
    28th London, Roundhouse

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/new-radiohead-dates-announced

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

This is an interesting addition:

http://www.primaverasound.es/beachClub?lang=en

I have three x day tickets. Does anyone know if I can exchange these for either a weekend wristband or three daily wristbands?

I'd imagine you will need to get a day wristband each day.

• Advertisement

Hidden stage details today
    Stage times tomorra

Advertisement