Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Great stuff. Fingers crossed the clashes aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

If anyone has left it very late to book their flights, I have a DUB-BCN flight available on the Thursday, ad on adverts.

Open to offers, just don't want to see it go to waste really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Extraplus wrote: »
    If anyone has left it very late to book their flights, I have a DUB-BCN flight available on the Thursday, ad on adverts.

Open to offers, just don't want to see it go to waste really.

When does it return? I haven't booked my flights yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Effects wrote: »
    When does it return? I haven't booked my flights yet.

It's just one way, you'd have to book a return leg separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Great stuff. Fingers crossed the clashes aren't too bad.

Compared to previous years, these clashes aren't too painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Here they are: http://www.primaverasound.es/horarios?d=2&l=forum
    And in PDF: http://assets.primaverasound.com/psb/download/docs/primaverasoundtimetable.pdf?_ga=1.230430165.87794219.1451992702

Not too bad really.

Tame Imapala/John Carpenter (Thurs) and Kiasmos/Beach House (Fri) are the only main ones for me. Barring those I'm happy to jump around and thw start/end of a few different sets.

Todd Terje's beach set at 4pm on the opening day will be amazing.

So too will the two hour Radiohead set :D

Tame Impala John Carpenter is the worst one definitely. Would've liked to see both Kamasi Washington and Air, and Moderat and Ho99o9, but apart from that pretty good.
    Glad to be able to see Radiohead, LCD, Brian Wilson, The Avalanches, Vince Staples, Pusha T, Savages, Animal Collective and Julia Holter, no clashes there.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Tame Impala John Carpenter is the worst one definitely.
    Good thing John Carpenter is playing a gig here now. I didn't want to miss Tame Impala after missing them on Sunday of EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Effects wrote: »
    Good thing John Carpenter is playing a gig here now.

That costs 55 euro a ticket. :-(

Toast wrote: »
    That costs 55 euro a ticket. :-(

Better venue to see him though.

• Advertisement

I suppose I'd pay that. It is expensive but you know it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Any word on that Metro strike? Have seen it mentioned on a couple of forums but no concrete details online...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Found a news story from yesterday: talks not going well, strike still scheduled to go ahead 30 may - 2 june inclusive. There will be a skeleton service i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thankfully I'm staying in Pobelnou. 20-30 mins walk there and crawl back.

Ah crap. This time we aren't staying close to the venue.

Actually realised we are 2.5KM from the venue which I'm pretty happy about!

Not sure if it was mentioned here already but LCD are playing another gig on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

I imagine everyone's sorted by now but got a festival ticket for sale as one of my friends has had to pull out at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

By any chance does anyone have a spare ticket to LCD gig on tuesday? One of my friends missed out so trying to get him a ticket. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Hi lads. PS virgin here. Any old hands have any idea how much money I'll need for the six or so days I'll be there? Is the beer cheap? Thanks.

Depends on your life style tbh. Booze isn't that expensive. It used to be really easy to sneak booze into the festival. A lot easier than a festival here. It's been a few years since I've been so it might have got stricter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

You can get spirits at the festival site for roughly the same price as beer. The measures are pretty generous so you'll get more bang for your buck!

Heineken is the only beer served, there's lots of bars etc so I never had much of a wait to get served

€5 a pint of Heinken the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Birneybau wrote: »
    €5 a pint of Heinken the last 2 years.

Was there much chance of getting booze in with you?

Never bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

very easy to get bottles of jager/redbull in at 2014. bizarre as they take ages to search ya and the queue can get big but they never seem to confiscate anything. probably don't care. could be different this year with heightened security but hopefully not

Right, enjoy everyone. I'm flying out in the morning, still haven't packed...

just about packed i think, in Barca tomorrow at 8.40

pitchfork snapchatting LCD tonight, it looked class. crowd looked very lively

i never knew about the bus transfer: http://www.primaverasound.es/transferbyFirestone

was that there in 2014?! that walk from the two main stages to the other stages does feel like ages, about 15 minutes walk? i'll definitely be using this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

i never knew about the bus transfer: http://www.primaverasound.es/transferbyFirestone

was that there in 2014?! that walk from the two main stages to the other stages does feel like ages, about 15 minutes walk? i'll definitely be using this

Nope, or last year. Looks new to this year

• Advertisement

no, had to have been there last year: https://twitter.com/primavera_sound/status/603884105181351936

http://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&id=1384&lang=en

and from the 2015 post:
    As at previous editions, you can use the Transfer by Firestone that connects the stages of the esplanade (Ray-Ban and ATP) to the marine platform stages (Heineken and Primavera)

either that's lost in translation or i missed it in 2014

Advertisement