Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eflow question

• 03-11-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭

Im quite stupid.

I forgot to pay the Eflow charge. It was ment to be paid on or before the 30/11/15 but im only paying now.

I went to pay tonight and since it was 2 trips it was only 12.20. Im surprised it was 41 euro per journey.

Have I gotten away with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Headshot wrote: »
    Im quite stupid.

I forgot to pay the Eflow charge. It was ment to be paid on or before the 30/11/15 but im only paying now.

I went to pay tonight and since it was 2 trips it was only 12.20. Im surprised it was 41 euro per journey.

Do you mean the 30/10?

Did you get a letter to pay the tolls? Generally once you go over the 24 hours you need a letter with a special reference number to pay the tolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ah **** sorry

yes ment 30/10 and yes I got the first letter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ah **** sorry

yes ment 30/10 and yes I got the first letter

Your fine so.

The first penalty is about 3 euro extra per trip, then it hikes up to 41 euro after about two weeks, or whatever the deadline is to pay the amount on the letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Im quite stupid.

I think it's usually a week or two before they bump it to the €41 rate.

Edit, came in too late!

Stheno wrote: »
    Your fine so.

The first penalty is about 3 euro extra per trip, then it hikes up to 41 euro after about two weeks, or whatever the deadline is to pay the amount on the letter.

I think iv caused the confusion

on the letter it says total balance must be made on or before the 30/10/15. Should you fail to pay the total balance due additional charge of 41 euro per journey will be applied

• Advertisement

I think iv caused the confusion

on the letter it says total balance must be made on or before the 30/10/15. Should you fail to pay the total balance due additional charge of 41 euro per journey will be applied

Ah so the trip wasn't on the 30th?

Sounds like you've copped a lucky break tbh :)

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah so the trip wasn't on the 30th?

Sounds like you've copped a lucky break tbh :)

so they dont send out another letter with a different reference number for the 41 euro?

Im not all that used to Eflow so havent gotten a clue with these charges stuff

so they dont send out another letter with a different reference number for the 41 euro?

Im not all that used to Eflow so havent gotten a clue with these charges stuff

They do, after the expiry date, but given it was on a weekend, and you paid it today, it's most likely their systems haven't caught up yet so you should be ok.

Have you tried putting in your reg in the pay a toll section and seeing if there is anything outstanding?

ya tried it there in the pay a toll section and just asks for number of journeys to pay

God I hope I got away with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Ring them, they are very accommodating and will waive the high fee easily if its your first "offence"

Guys.

Great news Eflow have told me I wont be paying the 41 euro per journey. Im delighted.

Thank you Stheno, Foxhole Norman and mullingar for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shadow22

how did this work out for you? i had 3 journeys i forgot to pay because of extreme circumstances , i had other more important issues to deal with and ignored the letters. now they want 600euro off me (journeys were back in august) i dont have the means to pay such a bill. they offered me a settlement figure of 150 off 300euro back a month ago but couldnt pay explained why and i was told to call back before a certain date. financial difficulties are really stopping me from paying.
    i spoke to them today and are starting legal proceedings to claim a fee of 600euro. i explained that at this time i couldnt pay and they didnt care (eflows solicitors)
    im genuinely worried and scared and feel at this point been bullied by this company all for driving on a road.
    any advice you can give or anyone would be much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to speak with them again.
    Work out what you can afford as a one payment and contact them with the offer, or else offer them a monthly paymemt to pay it off. Try to make the offer by email if you can, judge will look more favorably at you making offers and effort, otherwise it looks as if you totally ignored them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

To be fair there isn't many ways to wiggle out after ignoring all the letters and warnings! personal responsibility and all that

Advertisement