Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Marathon February 2016

Options
  • 03-11-2015 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. Trying to find a half marathon in Leinster or surrounding areas in February 2016. Having surgery late Feb so am very limited to dates. My first one and really excited to try one. Have been searching the websites and can't find one for this dare. Anybody know of one ? Thanks so much!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I dont think there are any, first ones are usually bohermeen (Meath) & Carlingford the first weekend of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Wicklow is on in March too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sarm

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Would you consider a 10 mile race? Excellent race in Dungarvan the end of January. Not exactly Leinster but worth the extra few miles...

There's also a 10 mile race in Trim, again probably the end Jan, first week in Feb. Pity there are no half marathons earlier in the year, I'm not sure what the thoughts are but with so many spring marathons on the continent they'd be popular enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Mount Juliet have one in mid February, not sure about 2016 yet though as website is not updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Would you consider a 10 mile race? Excellent race in Dungarvan the end of January.
    Sold out already

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

28064212 wrote: »
    Sold out already

Ah crap! I was going to sign up today.

just an update on this, I messaged Mount Juliet and they have come back to say there will be details of their half on the website in the coming week www.runmountjuliet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sarm

Thanks so much for replies. Appreciate it .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

28064212 wrote: »
    Sold out already

ah ffs I didn't even know it had opened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

There is usually a half marathon in Avondale house each February in aid of Wicklow hospice. Although it's half road, half park track,

Advertisement