Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in Bad Driving

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Maybe it depends on where one cycles, but I have to say I encounter good and courteous, cyclist friendly, driving nearly every day.

I don't get overly annoyed any more about bad drivingm. There are bad drivers and people who choose to do dangerous/illegal things, just the same as cyclists.

I get the feeling that too many people get on the road, whether in a car or on a bike, and are consciously looking to be offended by the behaviour of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭crossman47

I am still shocked at an appalling piece of bad driving on the M50 today. I was on the inside lane doing 100 (the speed limit) when I was overtaken at speed by a BMW that cut in in front of me, undertook the next car in the second lane and then immediately cut in front of it to go to the outside lane. He caused three drivers (me, the driver in lane 2 and a driver overtaking in lane 3) to brake suddenly. It could have been a serious smash. I didn't get his number but my experience is the BMW drivers are especially reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maybe it depends on where one cycles, but I have to say I encounter good and courteous,  cyclist friendly, driving nearly every day.

I don't get overly annoyed any more about bad drivingm. There are bad drivers and people who choose to do dangerous/illegal things, just the same as cyclists.

I get the feeling that too many people get on the road, whether in a car or on a bike, and are consciously looking to be offended by the behaviour of the other.
    There's a massive difference between the consequences of bad driving of a car and a bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

crossman47 wrote: »
    I am still shocked at an appalling piece of bad driving on the M50 today. I was on the inside lane doing 100 (the speed limit) when I was overtaken at speed by a BMW that cut in in front of me, undertook the next car in the second lane and then immediately cut in front of it to go to the outside lane. He caused three drivers (me, the driver in lane 2 and a driver overtaking in lane 3) to brake suddenly. It could have been a serious smash. I didn't get his number but my experience is the BMW drivers are especially reckless.

If you are using the M50 every day you could do worse than spend 30-40 quid on a dashcam.

The only way to get rid of this type of behaviour is have video footage for the Gardai. And even then, it depends on the Garda you get.

Last nights traffic in Dublin was absolutely INSANE. I hadn't seen anything like it for a long time. At 7.30 the canal was absolutely nuts.

What is wrong with people, a bit of rain and nobody can walk any sort of distance? That is what umbrellas/raingear is for. I would love to be close enough to where I live to walk/cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

crossman47 wrote: »

I find the drivers of 06 registered Skoda Octavia cars to be the worst :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Eamonnator wrote: »
    [/B]

I find the drivers of 06 registered Skoda Octavia cars to be the worst :rolleyes:

I recently cured myself by upgrading :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,416 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Eamonnator wrote: »
    [/B]

Phew!! Looks like I'm in the clear with my 15 reg....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Wide paintbrush out.

VW Passat pre 2010

Advertisement