Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressing Model

Options
  • 03-11-2015 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm looking at getting my haircut in one of the hairdressing academies in Dublin City Centre. I'm just wondering if you have any say about what style you're looking for or is it whatever the student is currently learning?

Any experience of one of these academies would be great! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I go to the Robert Chambers academy on Grafton St all the time for my hair cuts. You have total say in what you want done, they'll ask you when you make the appointment what you want done and then they can match you up with a student on the day. The supervisors will check in as well throughout the cut/colour/whatever. I've always been happy with my hair bar one or two times, and when I mentioned I wasn't happy it was sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I used to go to the Toni and Guy academy. You have total say in what you want whether it's cut or colour. They take your details at time of booking.

I stopped going because a few times I'd be on my way to the appointment and they'd call to say it was cancelled due to lack of students or other excuses. I'm not sure if they're still this unreliable but it's something to bear in mind if your student doesn't show up you might not be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

Thanks for the replies! I will defo try one of those now!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

The other thing to bear in mind is that if the student is early on in his or her training it could take twice as long as a normal haircut so allow a good two hours .

Advertisement