Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering to maynooth from ucd for 2nd year

Options
  • 03-11-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im currently in first year in UCD doing an arts degree. However, it was my hope to go to maynooth to do arts but i didnt get the points required. I was thinking about transfering to maynooth to do arts with theology (i got enough points for that course but for some reason never put it on my cao) but i know its too late in the year now. Is it possible to transfer in second year but still be in second year when i transfer to maynooth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Im currently in first year in UCD doing an arts degree. However, it was my hope to go to maynooth to do arts but i didnt get the points required. I was thinking about transfering to maynooth to do arts with theology (i got enough points for that course but for some reason never put it on my cao) but i know its too late in the year now. Is it possible to transfer in second year but still be in second year when i transfer to maynooth?

Yes, it's entirely possible and quite likely.
    Application for Year 2 Entry
    Candidates may apply for admission to second year of a similar course if they have obtained relevant awards. Preference is normally given to candidates who have achieved merit or distinction grades.
    Candidates are considered for transfer into second year of any undergraduate degree course if they have successfully completed the first year of a similar degree course in another recognised institution, or have completed a Level 6 or two years of a Level 7 course in a cognate area. In some cases transfer to third year is possible for ordinary degree (Level 7) holders in cognate disciplines.

Application Procedure
    Download and print out the Transfer Application Form or request one from from the Admissions Office. Completed applications must be received by July 17 of the year you wish to enter. If taking summer examinations, please include these results with your application. Applicants should enclose a certified copy of transcripts of results and a fee of €25.00 applies.

Please be advised that we have to consult with the relevant departments within the University before we can let you know whether or not you have been successful. Applicants may contact the Admissions Office for a provisional indication as to the progress of their application.

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/undergraduate-studies/how-apply/transfer-applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ladyystardust

Oh thank you so much!

Advertisement