Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for Christmas drinks for 60 people?

Options
  • 03-11-2015 11:24am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A large group of us from work are heading out for some informal christmas drinks on Friday December 11th - will probably be about 50-60 people. This is totally unofficial so we don't have any budget etc - and everywhere I have called to try to reserve an areas, they want a deposit etc - understandable as this is their busiest period. So I think we're just going to have to pick somewhere and just pile everyone in and hope that we can fit.

Just wondering what venues would be best for this? Biggest ones I know Sams and Cafe En Seine on Dawson st - but what other venues might suit? Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

Sweetmans have always been brilliant for boards beers - very accommodating and sound to deal with. We booked the whole of downstairs for our SSF beers the christmas before last - they also allow you to reserve the top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Did you try the stags head? Ask about the parlour bar upstairs, might be an option if you're going straight after work. Mercantile might do similar with the upstairs/side room.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What time of the day is this going to start at? Diceys / Krystle (Harcourt St) have great drink promotions on Fridays and reserve areas for free, you can bag yourself some free champagne if you email ahead and are bringing a big enough crew :D

Be warned though as above, everywhere will be packed at that time of year. Quiet and unpacked it will not be.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks all, yeah I think town is going to be rammed no matter what!

Advertisement