Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers on tablets

• 03-11-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Any offers on tablets at the moment?
    Online or in store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Lenovo 10" in Argos for €139.
    Checked online reviews and it gets better Evie's than the Likes of Samsung Tab. Only looses out in reviews for high end games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I haven't used it, but it only has 1GB RAM which for my liking for Android devices isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

http://checkargos.com/?search=138/8381
    Nexus 7 2013
    Picked one up for the woman and she loves it.
    Good spec for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cliona2012

thank for all so far
    Want at least a 10 inch and preferably a good brand eg Samsung?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Cliona2012 wrote:
    thank for all so far Want at least a 10 inch and preferably a good brand eg Samsung?

Lenovo is a good brand. Unless it's changed they are the no1 manufacturer of pcs in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Lenovo is a good brand. Unless it's changed they are the no1 manufacturer of pcs in the world

Correct, formerly known as IBM ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Correct, formerly known as IBM ;)

IBM have had nothing to do with them since 2007. Lenovo bought IBMs hardware division. The major shareholder in Lenovo is the Chinese government.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cliona2012

cool thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

My mothers birthday on Wednesday so I said I'd get her an ipad. Picked up an ipad air 16gb for €389 in Harvey normals today. They are not advertising this price but it is available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭muloc

Looking for a 7 inch android tablet (~€100) if anyone see anything decent reduced. Best I can see at minute is Argos Lenovo @ €89.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2969228/Trail/searchtext%3ELENOVO+7.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I am looking for help with buying a tablet for a 15yo. Most I can spend is €100..... any advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Any offers on tablets at the moment?
    Online or in store?
    Lol, I thought you were talking about pharmaceuticals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

et101 wrote: »
    I am looking for help with buying a tablet for a 15yo. Most I can spend is €100..... any advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers folks

I got the 8 inch bush one from Argos for my lad, like you didn't want to spend big money on it. Think its 109 euro but has 32gb memory so loads of room for apps. Had a quick shot of it the other day to install kodi on it and it seems quick enough, kodis pretty fast on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andy81

Aldi have their 10" tablet on sale at the moment for €219. I bought one two years ago and it's still working great with high usage. The brand is Medion Lifetab but it's made by Lenovo I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I heard that Argos are going to have the Kindle Fire for something ridiculous like €40 on Black Friday, presume it's the original 2012 version so not sure if it's of any interest to anyone, could be an option for children without having to get an actually kiddies one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Aeternum wrote: »
    I heard that Argos are going to have the Kindle Fire for something ridiculous like €40 on Black Friday, presume it's the original 2012 version so not sure if it's of any interest to anyone, could be an option for children without having to get an actually kiddies one.

Id say its the one thats 69.99 at the mo. Is it any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Does that Kindle fire run Android ?

Advertisement