Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Age of Administration of sheep bolus

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi
    I am just wondering if anyone can tell me the earliest/ideal age for the administration of bolus in ewe lambs? I would appreciate it if you could link me any sources of information etc.
    I am also looking to compile a list of the types of sheep bolus products on the market at present, I have got a few myself already but if anyone knows of anyone I would really appreciate their answers :)

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

KeleGal wrote: »
    Hi
    I am just wondering if anyone can tell me the earliest/ideal age for the administration of bolus in ewe lambs? I would appreciate it if you could link me any sources of information etc.
    I am also looking to compile a list of the types of sheep bolus products on the market at present, I have got a few myself already but if anyone knows of anyone I would really appreciate their answers :)

Many thanks :)

We use Animax boluses here, give the first ones at ten weeks old so that they're working when the lambs are weaned at 12 - 14 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KeleGal

Thanks very much for your response. Would you say ten weeks would be the ideal age of administration so yes? Would there be any effects if administered earlier for example at 5-6 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

KeleGal wrote: »
    Thanks very much for your response. Would you say ten weeks would be the ideal age of administration so yes? Would there be any effects if administered earlier for example at 5-6 weeks?

They're big boluses, so they probably physically wouldn't fit down the lambs throat at that age, they're even big for ten week old lambs.
    We give them to the ewes as well a few weeks before lambing and it's supposed to come in the milk to the lambs for the first 6 or 8 weeks so that covers them

Advertisement