Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another shop bites the dust..

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

DK Music on John st is closing down....will be still open to sell off stock...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

As is impact at the bottom of James Street. Been there for years ,sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

As is impact at the bottom of James Street. Been there for years ,sad :(

that's a pity great shop that

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

We should really try to spend a bit more locally. I know sometimes there is more choice online or in the likes of Dundrum, but a little more spent in the local economy would make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

earlytobed wrote: »
    We should really try to spend a bit more locally. I know sometimes there is more choice online or in the likes of Dundrum, but a little more spent in the local economy would make a difference.
    They said that they couldn't compete with Thomanns who are online..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Plus there's the music shop on Kieran street that been there since the 80s, I reckon they've got a pretty loyal base already.

• Advertisement

catbear wrote: »
    Plus there's the music shop on Kieran street that been there since the 80s, I reckon they've got a pretty loyal base already.
    Catbear, the one on kieran st. overprice's stuff by the tenfold...

pegasus1 wrote: »
    I'll believe you as I haven't bought anything there in decades but it's established, otherwise it would have folded when people started buying off the net.

Is the shop in John st closed yet, might drop in for a few odds and ends if the sale hasn't finished yet.?

they are selling all the stock at discounted prices... even said to my oh that they will order in stuff for her if needed...

And Brodericks. Going for years.
    Do they sell all types of musical instruments or just drums and guitars?

Does Brodericks still have a rehearsal room?

• Advertisement

just had a look on there webpage...very basic in only a few basic violins..no viola's cello's etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Yeah, it's still there.

Pity about Impact too. Shopping local is more and more important with each passing year.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Down around the city today and couldn't get over the amount of shops/restaurants being renovated to open shortly with some of them looking for staff also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Down around the city today and couldn't get over the amount of shops/restaurants being renovated to open shortly with some of them looking for staff also.

I think I know someone who recently lost their job and could fulfill one of those shop jobs.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya things look like they might be on the turn. Be great to see something move in to the arcade on the high street soon. See ez living are moving into ormond retail Park beside electro city

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lucky the Super Valu in Market Cross is surviving. It's twin stores that opened as Superquinns in Carlow and Clonmel are closing which is quite a hammer blow to their town centres.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

road_high wrote: »
    Lucky the Super Valu in Market Cross is surviving. It's twin stores that opened as Superquinns in Carlow and Clonmel are closing which is quite a hammer blow to their town centres.

When i heard that 2 stores were closing I had a fear it was Market cross. I shop in SV market cross regularly (ish) and have a feeling the place is not doing well. It's a real shame as the butchers in there are great people. They know about customer service. They really are from the SQ days. SV could learn alot from these guys.

Is ku de ta beside Langtons gone as well. All in darkness tonight when I passed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya gone at least 6 months now

I mugs have been asleep all along, tks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

pegasus1 wrote: »

I haven't noticed that, and they are always willing to talk price. Also they provide a great service for the teens of KK by letting them pay off on stuff - even at minuscule amounts. You wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Advertisement