Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW12 Captain

• 03-11-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Currenlty on Mahrez(c) Sanchez(vc). Not sure on Mahrez v Vardy though, stats are pretty close and the more explosiveness of Mahrez is swinging it

Who are you captaining? 184 votes

Mahrez(WAT)
    0%
    Vardy(WAT)
    14%
    garmaddsT-b0n3Sparkopatmactom_kmenoscemosidconFirst ExplorermcgoochDubliner28BeaulieupodgemonsterLostArttglynnGetWithItalchemist33MattHeldersAndersonisgodstephenl15 27 votes
    Sanchez(TOT)
    25%
    SickBoyentropiSkySterZaphjoseph brandIagorock whoreLemlinRikandbillymitchellArmaniJeanssclawXaniajEl festinoShaneUcallaway92All in allciantheodx43r0donglen 47 votes
    Kane(ars)
    10%
    FastFullBackJohnny_FontanebestyNapoleonInRagsJames FordejimmiiFather Hernandezshano_88[Deleted User]phili_gScorpion StingIused2likebustsnolllaigweekaizerWalter WhiteTheDazzlerMarcus AntoniusHarvey Low Fat MilksanketDakarVert 20 votes
    Martial(WBA)
    1%
    Terrontressshayno90 2 votes
    Mane(sun)
    3%
    EarthhorseCitizenpainSlipperyPeopleunited2k11MaroonAndGreenmasti123deathtocaptcha 7 votes
    Pelle(sun)
    1%
    Markxhufpc8w3adnk65 2 votes
    Bony(avl)
    8%
    AdMMMzarquonmailrewoptmc86stiffler123unplayablerichieffffHococopTaosHumA Brad Maddox GuyChoiChoiCazSpeakNibgazump123lougal88 15 votes
    KDB(avl)
    8%
    Paddy_Irishman[Deleted User][Deleted User]GonzovisionIK09mosstinstevveygmartineatworldCSF2ndcomingwardie101mcgettigan16bezuauaP.WalnutsFrClintPowerElTel 16 votes
    Yaya(avl)
    20%
    DempseyBigConmachiavellianmegimmickkeano_afcRoonboxronan.hBenzinogaz15Dearg81Klept0NabyLadisthemanInvincibledibs101MaxPower89liam7831shineon23beaver111RodgebHow Soon Is Now 37 votes
    Payet(EVE)
    0%
    relax carry on 1 vote
    Lukaku(whu)
    0%
    ScummyMan 1 vote
    Costa(sto)
    3%
    Shaque attackdave13[Deleted User]Rebel1977greedygoblinDarrenon91 6 votes
    Benteke(CRY)
    0%
    Other
    1%
    patrickcSameOleJayballyargus 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Sanchez(TOT)
    Vardy all day for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KDB(avl)
    It'll almost certainly be a Leicester or City player. Obviously Vardez stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kane(ars)
    sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Costa(sto)
    Vardy. Lots of good options this week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Yaya(avl)
    Either KDB or Vardy, probably KDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Vardy(WAT)
    Either Vardez or Mahrdy. Probably the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Bony(avl)
    Sticking with Pelle.

Call me crazy but Sunderland's defence are an absolute shambles!

Do your thing big man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Yaya(avl)
    KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Sanchez(TOT)
    Vardy at the moment but that could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bony(avl)
    Pelle so far but if Silva is fit for villa I might gamble on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sanchez(TOT)
    I wonder who'll take pens between Vardy and Mahrez if they're both on the pitch? I believe Mahrez was on them but Vardy took one when Mahrez was on the bench, if it came down to it at the weekend with the streak on going surely Vardy would take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Vardy(WAT)
    Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Bony(avl)
    Spoilt for choice this week but I think I'm going to go with Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Vardy(WAT)
    I wonder who'll take pens between Vardy and Mahrez if they're both on the pitch? I believe Mahrez was on them but Vardy took one when Mahrez was on the bench, if it came down to it at the weekend with the streak on going surely Vardy would take it?

I'd think that would be up to Mahrez to give the pen to Vardy or not. Gomes has the 2nd best PL pen save record so not a gimme anyway

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Watford have the 4th best defence in the league, gives me some doubt about Mahrez/Vardy.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Bony(avl)
    I'm thinking of Pelle at the moment. Could pick Sanchez as well though. Don't think I'll go with Mahrez or Vardy because the Watford defense isn't doing bad at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sanchez(TOT)
    Watford have the 4th best defence in the league, gives me some doubt about Mahrez/Vardy.

Was just reading through the thread and was surprised it took so long for someone to point this out.

That said, Leicester are an unbelievable attacking force at the minute. They even broke Pulisball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kane(ars)

Ulloa was the peno taker last year i think so he could take them.if on the pitch.

KDB(avl)

Probably a fair enough assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sanchez(TOT)
    Ulloa was the peno taker last year i think so he could take them.if on the pitch.

Yeah, that's true but he isn't seeing much action these days albeit he did manage a start at the weekend I believe, but he can get the fck and leave it to the big boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane(ars)
    Sanchez has blanked past 2 games after accumulating 46 in the 3 before that.

North London derby, you'd expect him to try steal the show if he has a decent yet short game tomorrow vs Munich.

My (C) for the moment !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sanchez(TOT)
    Yeah, that's true but he isn't seeing much action these days albeit he did manage a start at the weekend I believe, but he can get the fck and leave it to the big boys.

He only started at the weekend because Schlupp was out MOTD said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sanchez(TOT)
    Fuchs was out, not Schlupp. So Schlupp started at left back instead of an attacking midfield position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sanchez(TOT)
    I continued my captain choices table summary of the season so far.

I did it to outline the crazyness of Monday Night Football (MNF) which always seem to work out nicely captain-wise and to assess how the most popular choices are actually working.

3 columns.
    MNF. Obvious.
    Obvious. FSA (C) poll in order of importance. In most cases, the first choice (e.g. Agüero up to his injury) or the first 2 choices are miles ahead of the others.
    Unexpected. The ones who performed but where not very popular for captaincy on the forum.

20krpzq.png
    34yekcl.png

Out of 11 GWs so far, the obvious choice only worked once (:eek::eek::eek:) really (Agüero for GW8) and up to max 4 times (:eek:) when there were several popular candidates.
    And the MNF (C) only failed once (Sánchez for GW3) out of 6 times :eek: :cool: (I deliberately don't include GW9 since I don't think anyone captained or even thought about captaining either a Swan or a Potter).

So maybe just maybe we should avoid the obvious choice :p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't know !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really think Watford will do a decent job of controlling Mahrez and Vardy the weekend (still think we'll probably lose, but don't see Leicester getting more than 2). Watford are yet to concede a first half goal in 11 games though, so if they were to go down a goal early, we've no idea how they'll react. KDB not starting tonight means I really wanna captain him, but will probably go Mahrez as a blocker, as I'd say many will captain him, and not the weekend for a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Vardy(WAT)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    I really think Watford will do a decent job of controlling Mahrez and Vardy the weekend (still think we'll probably lose, but don't see Leicester getting more than 2). Watford are yet to concede a first half goal in 11 games though, so if they were to go down a goal early, we've no idea how they'll react. KDB not starting tonight means I really wanna captain him, but will probably go Mahrez as a blocker, as I'd say many will captain him, and not the weekend for a risk.

I think it will be spread out, Mahrez shouldn't get more than 20% overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really can't made my mind up.

It's between Sanchez, Mahrez, Payet and KDB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think I'll go Mahrez.
    It's big balls time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Lukaku(whu)
    Payet (c) could be a big differential. Fcuk it, go hard or go home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sanchez(TOT)
    I've had it on De Bruyne nearly all week now I've changed it to Vardy. The way Leicester set up, it's hard to see them not scoring and if Leicester are scoring goals then Vardy should be among them.

Yes, Watford have been impressive but the only real scalp they've arguably had in finishing with a clean sheet is the victory of West Ham last week. Two clean sheets in their first two weeks versus West Brom(yawn) and Southampton(who had been trounced 3-0 by Everton the week before so perhaps they were focusing on not being caught on the break as often). Other clean sheets against a Swansea team who have been poor this year and Stoke who have three wins from eleven games.

Watford have conceded against Manchester City and Arsenal (well, yeah) but also Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth. Can Watford keep a clean sheet for the third match in a row? I don't think so and that's why Vardy is my captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Aw man, I've no idea who to captain! Too many options!
    I'm stuck between: Sanchez, Payet, KDB, Vardy, Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sanchez(TOT)
    Stuck between De Bruyne & Vardy to captain.

1 goal for De Bruyne is the equivalent of 1 goal and 1 assist for Vardy as bonus points would prob make them equal.

Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

KDB(avl)
    Bony or KDB for me

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

KDB(avl)
    I'm going for Bony over KDB, it's his last hurrah for me as I'll probably ship him next week. He mightn't have scored last weekend but he had plenty of chances, and he got a goal and an assist the other evening in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Vardy(WAT)
    1 from Sanchez, Mahrez & Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Vardy(WAT)
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    1 from Sanchez, Mahrez & Vardy

In fairness it would be difficult to do 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Panthro wrote: »
    I think I'll go Mahrez.
    It's big balls time!

Picking the highest points scoring player in FPL this season (and arguably the best player of EPL thus far) as your captain does not qualify as having big balls.

Now if you were to pick Kane away to Arsenal, given Arsenal's mid-week drubbing, that would be a ballsy move. Or if you backed Coutinho at home to Palace after his mid-week rest & the renewed form of Pool, that would have a dollop of ballsiness all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Bony(avl)
    garra wrote: »
    Picking the highest points scoring player in FPL this season (and arguably the best player of EPL thus far) as your captain does not qualify as having big balls.

Now if you were to pick Kane away to Arsenal, given Arsenal's mid-week drubbing, that would be a ballsy move. Or if you backed Coutinho at home to Palace after his mid-week rest & the renewed form of Pool, that would have a dollop of ballsiness all right.

I'm going for Pelle coz I have balls like oranges but a brain like a grape.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

How about Sterling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

How about Sterling?

Big swinging balls required

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

garra wrote: »
    Big swinging balls required

Will he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

KDB(avl)
    How about Sterling?

I would certainly not try to dissuade you.
    I'm going with Bony and KDB is 3rd in a lot of polls behind Vardez.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez(TOT)
    1 of vardy Mahrez Sanchez kdb Payet Lukaku or pelle

Yep, I haven't a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yaya(avl)
    I'm inclined to go KDB again or Sanchez. Leicester v Watford will be a close game and scrappy I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Costa(sto)
    Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm inclined to go KDB again or Sanchez. Leicester v Watford will be a close game and scrappy I think

My big fear of the Leicester/Watford game is that the tinkerman will bench Mahrez again like he did a few weeks ago. Still have it on Vardy, but starting to doubt my decision now.

My big fear of the Leicester/Watford game is that the tinkerman will bench Mahrez again like he did a few weeks ago. Still have it on Vardy, but starting to doubt my decision now.

He mentioned afterwards that he benched him due to the Algerian games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Mane(sun)
    Going with Martial. Probably shouldn't even have him in my team. My season has been a bit of a disaster so don't mind taking a qualified risk.

KDB(avl)
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    Going with Martial. Probably shouldn't even have him in my team. My season has been a bit of a disaster so don't mind taking a qualified risk.

He'll probably be playing wide rather than in the middle up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Mane(sun)
    CSF wrote: »
    He'll probably be playing wide rather than in the middle up front.
    Hmmm. I might panic change it in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement