Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of switching from AIB to Ulster Bank

• 03-11-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Due to the exorbitant bank charges that AIB are charging, I am considering switching over to Ulster Bank with their €4 cap on charges. Just wondering about a couple of things... Is it still easy to switch over when you have an overdraft and a personal loan with your current bank? Also is Internet Banking just as easy as it is on AIB because I use it for a lot of things - bills, transferring money to Republic/Northern Irish accounts? I have been with AIB since I was 12 (so nearly 20 years) but don't think loyalty is much of an issue for future finances? Any info/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jennifer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just out of curiosity - would you not move to PTSB with no charges at all rather than move from the frying pan to the fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Hadn't thought about it - I guess I like the idea of having a branch locally as a security blanket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Fair enough - some people have no problem with UB but my otherhalf had an awful time, everything she wanted to do took days and that black spot when they shut down for a few weeks a while back will be in my head for a long time. I'd sooner move to PTSB and travel 100 miles than use UB and be next door

Advertisement