Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Complain About a Rented House?

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Can I complain to anybody about a rented house beside me?
    The house has been rented out and looks to be registered in the PRTB database.

The house has been empty for a while now but the previous tenants return every now and again and sometimes have to smash their way into the house to get some things and then they will disappear for some time.

The tenants were from the travelling community so impossible to track them down and I don't know who to complain to about it?

The house gardens are over growing and littered, front and back.

Environmental health of LA?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Council may listen, but you can also lodge a complaint with the PRTB.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Paulw wrote: »
    Council may listen, but you can also lodge a complaint with the PRTB.

Cheers, should have posted that I then checked with DCC.

Not on their list for ownership or RAS.

PRTB it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

kceire wrote: »
    Cheers, should have posted that I then checked with DCC.

Not on their list for ownership or RAS.

No, but litter and that would fall under their remit too.

just sent off a Third Party Information Request for the landlords contact details to the PRTB, so hopefully that comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

If it is not actually currently rented out then I do not know if it falls under the remit of the PRTB. It sounds to me that the previous tenants are breaking and entering.

As for the state of the property I believe the first port of call would be the council if it is not a private estate and if it is then the management company in charge of the estate would be the ones to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Sounds like you need to be reporting a burglary to the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What exactly do you want to complain about? If it's that the garden isn't pretty, then it's the council - it's it's irrelevant that the house was previously rented out. Good luck with that.

There is a current tenancy registered with the PRTB.
    No management company in the estate but DCC do cut the grass of the common areas.

The adjoining garden has tyres, wheels and filled wheelie bins and rubbish throughout. The back garden is overflowing with vegetation now so I suppose my aim is to get the gardens tidied up.

I'll have a hat with the landlord and hopefully come to an arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 vrrv

Can you post on what the outcome of this is when you get to one I would be interested to know! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

kceire wrote: »
    There is a current tenancy registered with the PRTB.
    No management company in the estate but DCC do cut the grass of the common areas.

The adjoining garden has tyres, wheels and filled wheelie bins and rubbish throughout. The back garden is overflowing with vegetation now so I suppose my aim is to get the gardens tidied up.

I'll have a hat with the landlord and hopefully come to an arrangement.

The PRTB database is very inconstant and you cannot bank on it. It only gets updated a couple of times a year. Only way to find out is to ask though I guess.

• Advertisement

At the very least it will get me the land lord details I suppose.

Will update as it progresses.

Advertisement