Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Help!

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey guys, wondering can anyone help me with an Excel project, tried google of course but no definitive answer.

I'm making a project based on lotto ticket sales for a sports club and want to show what a club member has sold on the first workbook from data based in workbook 2.

I'm using a combobox in workbook 1 to display the player names and cell link based on player selection (1,2,3, from a list) in workbook 2, but cant seem to use that cell link to display a total of sales, for example.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Workbook, or worksheet?

Workbooks are separate files. One book has many sheets.

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

donnyb28 wrote:
    I'm making a project based on lotto ticket sales for a sports club and want to show what a club member has sold on the first workbook from data based in workbook 2.

Have a look at pivot tables on the insert tab, great for categorised results, top tens, summaries etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

KAGY wrote: »
    Have a look at pivot tables on the insert tab, great for categorised results, top tens, summaries etc

Thanks for the reply, might look into them if I have enough time, ended up just doing VLOOKUP functions on each column gives decent results.

Advertisement