Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Raheny!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

AsianDub wrote: »
    Will do this Saturday. Thanks

I haven't managed to make it up the last 2 Saturdays.
    Does anyone have any input on Ennnafort?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I haven't managed to make it up the last 2 Saturdays.
    Does anyone have any input on Ennnafort?
    Thanks.

I live on Ennafort Road near the DART station. It's very quiet and settled and the houses are solidly built (since the 50's). The laneway up to the station used to be a bit of a no go area with gangs of teenagers late at night but it seems to have quietened down.

The only two negatives I would have would be on road parking - as people take the DART from here - I've often had to ask people to stop parking across my driveway. The other is the lack of green space for children to play. There is only one tiny green area, however St. Annes park is just across the road which makes up for it.

Hope this has been a little bit of help. If you've anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks Fiolina. PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi OP back again. So I have the kids enrolled in Scoil Assam, Aine & Ide, they will start in September. We're getting very excited now & hope to be moved by the start of July. The only downside is trying to get a house to rent. Not a lot of houses seem to come on the market. Do any of you have any suggestions where to look? Any private landlords or local newspapers? I have got in touch with agents, daft.ie etc I know I still have some time but I don't want to leave it last minute either. Any/all advice very welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It's very settled - just keep plugging away and makes sure to look on the periphery of the 'good' areas. For example, I'm just down the road from Foxfield but I'm technically in Kilbarrack. I love living here and the area is great.

• Advertisement

Guys, can you give me an honest opinion on Maryville Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Guys, can you give me an honest opinion on Maryville Road?

I don't know it too well, but it's right beside St Annes Park and only a stones throw from Raheny village.
    Well served by bus and Dart also.

I would have thought it's a very nice area.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I don't know it too well, but it's right beside St Annes Park and only a stones throw from Raheny village.
    Well served by bus and Dart also.

I would have thought it's a very nice area.

Thanks, that's great to hear!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Just bought a house in Edenmore. Am I allowed say I live in Raheny??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Just bought a house in Edenmore. Am I allowed say I live in Raheny??

I love the snobbery about areas around here. Some of the creative geography is hilarious :D

Congrats on the house! My boss lives round there and loves the area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

I love the snobbery about areas around here. Some of the creative geography is hilarious :D

Congrats on the house! My boss lives round there and loves the area.

Thanks! No Edenmore was a dzzive when I was a kid. Anytime we went up there we'd be started on etc. Seems to be really quiet now though, looking forward to moving in when renovations have finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Thanks! No Edenmore was a dzzive when I was a kid. Anytime we went up there we'd be started on etc. Seems to be really quiet now though, looking forward to moving in when renovations have finished.

I grew up in Edenmore in the 80's/90's. It was rough alright but it has completely changed now, well im a few years gone but it had totally quietened down in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Also, its Raheny. The Tonlegee rd is where Raheny ends and Airfield/Coolock begins

Also, its Raheny. The Tonlegee rd is where Raheny ends and Airfield/Coolock begins

What about Kilbarrack Avenue? Is that really in Raheny?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What about Kilbarrack Avenue? Is that really in Raheny?

Depends on whether you're buying or selling.

Hey, where is woodbine road? There's a house to let on daft.ie for a house on Woodbine Road, Raheny?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hey, where is woodbine road? There's a house to let on daft.ie for a house on Woodbine Road, Raheny?

It's up near the Fire Station, across Raheny Road from Kilbarrack Shopping Centre. It runs from Raheny Road back towards Edenmore. I can't see any problems in terms of living there. Old style suburbia imo.

spurious wrote: »
    It's up near the Fire Station, across Raheny Road from Kilbarrack Shopping Centre. It runs from Raheny Road back towards Edenmore. I can't see any problems in terms of living there. Old style suburbia imo.

Yes! I've a fair idea now. Thank you. I would have considered that being in Coolock.

Yes! I've a fair idea now. Thank you. I would have considered that being in Coolock.

Nah - Coolock would be further up Tonlegee Road and more the other side of it. Woodbine always seemed fine to me, but no doubt someone will come along and say a fourth cousin of the Hutches lives there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I would of said more donaghmede

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

racso1975 wrote: »
    I would of said more donaghmede

No, Donaghmede is on the other side of the Kilbarrack Road/Tonlegee Road.

My head is wrecked trying to find a decent rental! I've gone through all the agents & I'm coming up blank. Anyone looking for long term tenants? 😁

Does anyone have any views on the Foxfield area specifically Foxfield Road?

Fantastic area, fantastic estate.

Does anyone have any views on the Foxfield area specifically Foxfield Road?

As said above, brilliant area.
    Probably the dearest area in Raheny also.
    You'll pay highly to get a place here.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I've taken a look at myhome and the PPR. Pricey.
    What about Avondale?

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I've taken a look at myhome and the PPR. Pricey.
    What about Avondale?

Lovely area too.
    Narrower road and most are smaller (than foxfield anyway) terrace houses however.
    Parking could be an issue as not all have driveways.
    They have long back gardens with private road access to back, so plenty of 'potential', and you'll see on googlemaps many have extended back / big sheds etc...
    At current market value, you'd be looking at 440k just for a half decent terrace there.
    You may get a serious fixer upper for around the 380 mark if lucky

Thanks. I'm realising I'm being priced out of Raheny now and too many are chasing too little of the same thing :(

Thanks. I'm realising I'm being priced out of Raheny now and too many are chasing too little of the same thing :(

yep - Raheny has gone bananas over the past few months.
    Much smaller houses around St Annes / Watermill reaching 400k +.
    Killester is pretty much the same too.
    Baldoyle may be worth looking at?

• Advertisement

Baldoyle may be worth looking at?

Could be an option. I'll have a look. Cheers :)

Advertisement