Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Oat23 wrote:
    Anyone ever ran into problems receiving prohibited items? I need to order some stuff from musclefood (not food), but I'm worried they'll see "food" on the box and reject it! Maybe they're not bothered..

I've had food & alcohol delivered no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oat23 wrote: »
    Anyone ever ran into problems receiving prohibited items? I need to order some stuff from musclefood (not food), but I'm worried they'll see "food" on the box and reject it! Maybe they're not bothered..

Dpd deliverer frozen meat for a few of the raw dog food suppliers so you won’t have any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Oat23 wrote: »

You will be fine, I had a box of beers delivered from the U.K. twice over Christmas and across the box was BEER52 this box contains beers

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Hi, I had an Amazon package delivered to my PW address on the 16th, within a day it was marked as delivered and moved from Future Deliveries to Past Deliveries. The delivery name is "Passport Gateway". Online chat was no help, they kept referring to another separate package which is not lost.

Has anyone ever encountered an item marked as delivered when it wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Had similar issue recently, with exception that parcel did not reach my account. Eejit seller put no name nor my PW ID on the label, just DPD's address on it. Have your details handy as well as tracking number, description of goods (with link preferrably) and email them. Don't forget to mention your name is not Passport Gateway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Just checked royal mail tracking for package only find out that it couldn't be delivered as no one was at home. Anyone had this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just checked royal mail tracking for package only find out that it couldn't be delivered as no one was at home. Anyone had this before?

DPD? They will try again, you can login and specify a time and more convenient address if you want.
    They will only try one more time (I could be wrong about that, maybe 2), and then you will have to go and pick it up at their nearest depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That was either an idiot or a lazy sod driving the Post Office van.
    Every PO driver in the Armagh area will know when DPD is open for deliveries.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That was either an idiot or a lazy sod driving the Post Office van.
    Every PO driver in the Armagh area will know when DPD is open for deliveries.

Received an email from DPD with an attachment from royal mail advising to pay customs. Sorted that so hopefully I get it next week before brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Anyone having issues with parcel wizard taking two top ups for one parcel? The money is sitting on the account so I haven’t been overcharged so to speak but it happened yesterday and today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'm trying to buy a 50L (or less) garden bin that has locking handles. The only ones I can find that look about right are all in the UK.
    I could parcel wizard them, but they'd be oversized. Their site says if they're oversized, its €3.85 for the first 20KG.

Its plastic so it'll be nowhere near 20kg, but size wise it'd be quite bulky.

Anyone any experience with this? Was it just 3.85?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This price is based on DPD's maximum consignment weight of 20kg and maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

I'd say you might be over the maximum dimensions. I had a 24inch monitor delivered with PW last year and it was 15.50 I think if I remember correctly. I'd say yours is bigger than my monitor was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

Unregistered Users

[...]

Anyone any experience with this? Was it just 3.85?

They're not strict at all. Very likely just 3.85, experienced that many times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I got a Parcel Wizard parcel with the contents smashed about 5 weeks ago.

They've so far told me that they don't cover ceramics (its plastic) and that they will transfer money this week (which was two weeks ago).

Their policy says they resolve issues within 21 days. It's been roughly 40.

I won't be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

mathie wrote: »
    I got a Parcel Wizard parcel with the contents smashed about 5 weeks ago.

They've so far told me that they don't cover ceramics (its plastic) and that they will transfer money this week (which was two weeks ago).

Their policy says they resolve issues within 21 days. It's been roughly 40.

I won't be using them again.
    i see similar issues covered across all couriers. a lot thou falls on sender to package it properly while in transit, youd have better luck contacting seller and explaining issue for refund.

i had two similar experiences, needed small ceramic sink for bathroom and surely amazon threw it in a box with little to none support and corner got completely smashed, was it pw an post or damaged already who knows. second time ordering it was packed that you could drop it from 3 feet and it wouldn't be damaged- which was done properly.

if items are valuable or expensive fragile always contact them before ordering and explain that you might expect smth that needs special care, as if they were to refund every customer each time item arrived damaged in some way they would be out of business.

As industry standard seller is responsible for item reaching you safely, if it requires extra roll of foam or bubble wrap its up to them to make sure it moves safely while in transit.

€200 worth of stuff coming from amazon Germany has gone missing on it's way to Parcel Wizard.
    It was being delivered by nightline :rolleyes:

The most annoying thing is, I bought the items in the sale, and amazon are offering a refund to buy again. The same items would cost over €280 to buy again, and even then one of them is no longer available.
    Raging, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nightline up to the same sh*t they were accused of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

PW lost 3 items of mine that had been delivered to their door. They're not interested.
    It's costing me more to have stuff delivered via An Post's Addresspal, but nothing's gone missing since I started using their service from the beginning. Only reason I tried DPD/PW was the cost.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

Have had an awful experience with PW in the past week. Had a parcel due up North, my tracking from DPD UK showed it being delivered 23rd April- rang PW as had received no confirmation and they tell me it may have been delivered to Parcel Motel depot up the north in error. Parcel is traceable through my PW account so I can see it was signed for by someone with a squiggle in Antrim (?) To make things worse I had a small Amazon parcel which also came from Germany I think- tracking shows it was delivered and signed for but was onto them this morning and they have no record of it in their system. An absolute nightmare, I definitely won't be using the service again after this.

Have had an awful experience with PW in the past week. Had a parcel due up North, my tracking from DPD UK showed it being delivered 23rd April- rang PW as had received no confirmation and they tell me it may have been delivered to Parcel Motel depot up the north in error. Parcel is traceable through my PW account so I can see it was signed for by someone with a squiggle in Antrim (?) To make things worse I had a small Amazon parcel which also came from Germany I think- tracking shows it was delivered and signed for but was onto them this morning and they have no record of it in their system. An absolute nightmare, I definitely won't be using the service again after this.

It often happens, Parcel Motel hold on to the parcel and deliver it to your Parcel Motel Locker (if you have one). Or they will slowly hand it over to PW.

Nothing at all to do with Parcel Wizard, and there is nothing that they can do about it, as they don't know your parcel is due.

If you change the 'Newtownabbey' part of your address to 'mallusk' it seems to prevent it from happening. If you search mallusk in this thread you may see plenty of similar stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've just noticed that my most recent PW delivery has been signed for by someone at Parcel Motel. :(

For those of you who have experienced this how long did it take PM to hand it back to Parcel Wizard? I'd even sign up for a PM account if I thought it would help, but I expect it is too late if they have already got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will take at least a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rinleezwins

"We will deliver your parcel on Friday, May 10th"

Yeah, no. The track&trace stopped updating and I haven't heard anything from them on Friday. Last update says it's being sorted in Athlone on Thursday. I even switched my shifts around so that I could collect it. What a massive disappointment.

Unregistered Users

My delivery driver is based in Athlone. Heard from him on Friday they had some issues that day - vans broken down, drivers rang in sick. Things happen.

sunbeam wrote: »
    I've just noticed that my most recent PW delivery has been signed for by someone at Parcel Motel. :(

For those of you who have experienced this how long did it take PM to hand it back to Parcel Wizard? I'd even sign up for a PM account if I thought it would help, but I expect it is too late if they have already got it.

Two weeks later and I still haven't gotten my parcel from Parcel Motel. They said they would do a depot search for it which would take two weeks, two weeks are gone now and I tried to ring them today to see what the news was, someone was meant to ring me back and they still haven't. And I even have a Parcel Motel account as well so it should be easily traceable. Nightmare!! If they would just email me and confirm they can't find it, I could go about making a claim.

Two weeks later and I still haven't gotten my parcel from Parcel Motel. They said they would do a depot search for it which would take two weeks, two weeks are gone now and I tried to ring them today to see what the news was, someone was meant to ring me back and they still haven't. And I even have a Parcel Motel account as well so it should be easily traceable. Nightmare!! If they would just email me and confirm they can't find it, I could go about making a claim.

If that was the case i would of contacted PM and asked them to see if they had it and just to deliver to PM, as whoever delivered it to wrong location PW cant be really responsible if its not handed into their depo.

scamalert wrote: »
    If that was the case i would of contacted PM and asked them to see if they had it and just to deliver to PM, as whoever delivered it to wrong location PW cant be really responsible if its not handed into their depo.

Yes I know and I have done, I was just trying to give Sunbeam an idea of how long it will take to get her parcel back from PM

Yes I know and I have done, I was just trying to give Sunbeam an idea of how long it will take to get her parcel back from PM
    my bad i thought it was you having issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

There's no sign of my package either. After several calls and an email, I finally got a response from Parcel Motel saying that they had no record of it but would normally 'send it back up the same evening' if it was delivered to them in error.

I explained the situation to the eBay shop I had purchased it from and they sent a replacement to my home address by Royal Mail International Signed For, which arrived yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I am waiting for some things that I ordered online a month ago at this stage. I got onto the company I ordered from and they said that it should have been with me by now also said DPD would be in touch but no never heard a thing from them. I tried to contact them but no luck. Then the company said it should be here today. Well today has come and gone and still no sign of the package no text, e-mail, call anything. Absolute disgrace.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement