Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My package which was accidentally delivered to Parcel Motel on May 2nd showed up on the Parcel Wizard system yesterday and was delivered to me today-almost 4 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

sunbeam wrote: »
    My package which was accidentally delivered to Parcel Motel on May 2nd showed up on the Parcel Wizard system yesterday and was delivered to me today-almost 4 weeks later.

That is so weird Sunbeam, the exact same thing happened to me with two parcels that were mis delivered! I guess Parcel Motel must be very very reluctant to hand them back over?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That is so weird Sunbeam, the exact same thing happened to me with two parcels that were mis delivered! I guess Parcel Motel must be very very reluctant to hand them back over?

They have been like that ever since PW set up. They denied it was happening, and then said something along the lines of 'an agreement has been made', I can't remember exactly.

There should be somebody monitoring it, but it's in 'UK' so not sure how. I've had to complain to amazon on two separate occasions, but since I changed 'Newtownabbey' for 'Mallusk' I haven't had the same problem (that I know of).

Amazon own couriers use the same tracking numbers as Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

That is so weird Sunbeam, the I exact same thing happened to me with two parcels that were mis delivered! I guess Parcel Motel must be very very reluctant to hand them back over?

Yeah, so much for 'sending them back up the same evening'. I was beginning to think that they must had returned it to the sender. I even opened a Parcel Motel Account in the hope that it might show up on their system. Don't think I'd ever chance using them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if Parcel Wizard can ship a double bed and mattress and know approx how much extra it is?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if Parcel Wizard can ship a double bed and mattress and know approx how much extra it is?
    If you have the dimensions and weight, there are other service you can use.

Parcel Wizard will if it is less than 31kg
    Yes, the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.
    If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply:
    €3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 74c per additional kg over 20kg.
    If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)
    (L x W x D)/6000 = kg
    e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.74) + €10 = €25.69
    If your parcel is outside the weight and dimension restrictions, we will accept delivery into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address and will contact you to arrange payment.
    Please note we will not accept delivery for any goods over 31kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Anyone ever have Parcel Wizard lose a package after its tracking says it's been delivered to their PWID? Ordered a €750 PC part on Amazon UK, said it was delivered at 10:44am on Friday, but still haven't heard a thing from Parcel Wizard. Usually have always received a text on the day its been delivered to them to say that it's getting passed on to DPD Ireland, getting a little bit worried... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Anyone ever have Parcel Wizard lose a package after its tracking says it's been delivered to their PWID? Ordered a €750 PC part on Amazon UK, said it was delivered at 10:44am on Friday, but still haven't heard a thing from Parcel Wizard. Usually have always received a text on the day its been delivered to them to say that it's getting passed on to DPD Ireland, getting a little bit worried... :o
    give it till afternoon tomorrow and get in touch with PW, or contact chat,call found usually once you start looking takes couple hours for it to appear mysteriously. Its happened few times where delay would be 1-2 days in the past.

It may have been delivered to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Phew, just got confirmation from DPD that the parcel is on its way to me now. Took a few days, but patience paid off. Lesson learned, don't use parcel forwarders for expensive goods unless you really have no other choice (should've really known that already).

Talked to Amazon chat help earlier to try and get a copy of the signature that was used to sign for the parcel and present that to PW, yet they couldn't even prove that it was delivered to the right address, but insisted under no circumstances could they offer a replacement or refund as it was shipped to a parcel forwarding commercial address, as opposed to a residential address.

Had almost accepted the fact that I was gonna be down 750 euro from this.

• Advertisement

but insisted under no circumstances could they offer a replacement or refund as it was shipped to a parcel forwarding commercial address, as opposed to a residential address.

The encourage the use of it. I got bombarded by emails from them telling me how to set it up etc. when they found out it existed.
    If PW had said that they never got it, that would have been good enough for me.

I would have told amazon it was never delivered.

as i said these delays do happen, as far as responsibility yes ordering over few hundred sometimes its worth to fork out extra to get it delivered directly to home address. but unsure how logistics work with dpd as seems unless either they are busy or mid summer like now its quite rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

A reply further up thread stated the PW had a mainland UK address. I want to buy something in the UK, but they only deliver to the mainland.

Anyone know what the mainland UK address is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

sugarman wrote: »
    They dont have one, Address Pal do though.

Thanks, but Address Pal have a 20kg weight limit. My delivery is 22kg.

Any other options?

Thanks, but Address Pal have a 20kg weight limit. My delivery is 22kg.

Any other options?

You could try Parcel Connect.
    I think they're in Northern Ireland now. Although I haven't used them, I think they offer a few options. Maybe worth looking at.

https://www.forward2me.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

havent used parcel wizard in a while, but when a parcel used to be delivered id get the text usually the same day and delivered the next. It arrived to them at 9am this morning but no confirmation yet. Am i expecting too much too early?

dorito92 wrote: »
    havent used parcel wizard in a while, but when a parcel used to be delivered id get the text usually the same day and delivered the next. It arrived to them at 9am this morning but no confirmation yet. Am i expecting too much too early?

Same as that. I hadn't used them in almost two months. I used them the other day and it arrived today, a day or so later (today) than I normally expected from them. Maybe busier than normal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How long after the parcel being delivered to Parcel Wizard should i receive a text/email from DPD acknowledging receipt of the parcel in their Northern Ireland depot?

My parcel was delivered at 3pm today according to Amazon but haven't received anything from DPD as of yet, parcel motel are usually fairly quick to acknowledge receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hogzy wrote: »
    How long after the parcel being delivered to Parcel Wizard should i receive a text/email from DPD acknowledging receipt of the parcel in their Northern Ireland depot?

My parcel was delivered at 3pm today according to Amazon but haven't received anything from DPD as of yet, parcel motel are usually fairly quick to acknowledge receipt.

Usually it would be within 2/3 hours.
    I would wait till mid morning, if you don't hear by then I would contact them. Hopefully it wasn't delivered to Nightline :o

Davy wrote: »
    Usually it would be within 2/3 hours.
    I would wait till mid morning, if you don't hear by then I would contact them. Hopefully it wasn't delivered to Nightline :o

Thats what im thinking, either that or theyre manic busy after prime day. FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

From my own experience with them - notifications are being sent late evening, usually. :)

Rang DPD this morning as I still havnt got a text. They told me they dont have it. Called parcel motel and they just sort of fobbed me off and told me it will be sent to Parcel Wizard but sure that could take ages.

Bloody ridiculous this!!!!

Rang DPD this morning as I still havnt got a text. They told me they dont have it. Called parcel motel and they just sort of fobbed me off and told me it will be sent to Parcel Wizard but sure that could take ages.

Bloody ridiculous this!!!!

That annoyed the crap out of me as well. It seems PM act like spoiled brats, even delivering some of the packages to customers that have both accounts.
    In future, you could change 'newtownabbey' to 'mallusk' on the address, or use Address Pal or Parcel Connect.
    I changed to mallusk and haven't had the issue since, and have used them a ton of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Hogzy wrote:

DPD once told me they didn't have something and two days later (busy christmas period) I got the text

DPD once told me they didn't have something and two days later (busy christmas period) I got the text

Just got the text :D literally only a few hours after they told me they didnt have it. Insane! Happy now but it makes you wonder do they know whats coming in to their warehouse at all like?

Just got the text :D literally only a few hours after they told me they didnt have it. Insane! Happy now but it makes you wonder do they know whats coming in to their warehouse at all like?
    happened dozen times for me litteraly of chat being told theres no item or they looked, just to see txt message minutes later.

my guess most operations is based in NI, customer service sits in Ire, that together id say they do maybe make a call to inquire, but depending how much stuff they are handling doubt anyone's actually caring to look for specific items. Thus usually let 2 days pass in case i get no text before getting onto chat seems to work so far. fair point i was thinking signining was for each individual but since same address, makes sense they would sign once for bulk-and sort later.

anyone ever order item outside PW dimensions ? they state 60x60cm up to 20kgs, now im looking at tabletop for wood router which comes up as approx 80x60cm and width of 2cm, guess with packaging would be at least extra 5cm from all sides, and weight 14kgs.

spoke on chat but got just told to get it insured in case its damaged, and just copy paste of what they accept as regular size which would be up to 60x40cm and 20kgs max.

as amazon works out almost 30quid cheaper then actual manufacturer, but amazon only ship to NI.

amazon usually have package shipment size and weight in the item description if you scroll down.

Suckit wrote: »
    amazon usually have package shipment size and weight in the item description if you scroll down.
    Thx Suckit i know of it thus said extra 5cm approx, its nothing special just large rectangle shape box id imagine, but unsure how PW would see it due, to it being outside their stated dimensions.

• Advertisement

Sorry, the reason I said it was in case it was boxed a different shape before being assembled.
    I've not ordered anything oversized, but I've seen posts on this thread saying that they did and it was delivered without issue. I think the weight is the bigger issue, but I don't know for sure.
    They do offer an oversize service if you don't want to risk it.
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/help-faq
    If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply:

€3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 74c per additional kg over 20kg.

If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)

(L x W x D)/6000 = kg

e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.74) + €10 = €25.69

Advertisement