Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Anyone else having issues with Parcel Wizard recently? My 2 most recent deliveries have failed to show up, they were out for delivery 3 different days and the driver failed to make contact. They are now stuck back at the depot, very annoying. No response when I tried calling the depot and using LiveChat. I won't be using them much again after this. Pity because they were very good up until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

scamalert wrote: »
    anyone ever order item outside PW dimensions ? they state 60x60cm up to 20kgs, [...]

Many times. Once it was 100x80 cm approx. No extra charge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Parcel Wizard appear to have lost one of my deliveries this week too. Had to source and send them a copy of the POD which shows they took delivery last Wednesday.

What's going on up there? Bloody useless all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Tazz T wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard appear to have lost one of my deliveries this week too. Had to source and send them a copy of the POD which shows they took delivery last Wednesday.

What's going on up there? Bloody useless all of a sudden.
    yeah my recent delivery's have been chaotic, taking an extra day or more to arrive, when I call to check am told we don't have any delivery for you even though I can see royal mail have delivered & got signed confirmation of same, then 10min later I get a pw notification for next day delivery,...it's usually a new staff who isn't properly trained or doesn't give a *****

lensman wrote: »
    yeah my recent delivery's have been chaotic, taking an extra day or more to arrive, when I call to check am told we don't have any delivery for you even though I can see royal mail have delivered & got signed confirmation of same, then 10min later I get a pw notification for next day delivery,...it's usually a new staff who isn't properly trained or doesn't give a *****

You might be right. I just got a text to say it's coming out today. Bizarrely, even though the POD says otherwise, Parcelwizard are saying it was only delivered yesterday. Even more bizarrely, I was advised that 'DPD do not ship computers', so don't do it again???

Could the rep from DPD on here clarify, because it is not at all clear from the website that Parcelwizard do not ship computers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There is no rep from DPD on Boards any longer

Ah, there was earlier in the thread. I assume that rep has moved on to pastures new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Why bother texting and emailing at all it just creates frustration. I got a text at 8 am this morning while I was in the shower saying the delivery would be between 7.18 and 8.18am. What's the point of that? While I was in the shower I missed the text and the delivery. I get a text that essentially gave me 10 minutes notice...on the docket says he called 8.10.
    Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Seller sent via 2nd Class Royal Mail - Tracking number but no signature.

Confirmed delivered to Parcel Wizard / DPD on 2nd August. DPD saying they cant find it and to contact seller for replacement. Not a chance PayPal will side with me on this. Also I do not think it is sellers fault. I can clearly see DPD received the item on Royal Mail site, they are refusing to take responsibility for losing the item.

Any tips how to approach this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Confirmed delivered to Parcel Wizard / DPD on 2nd August. DPD saying they cant find it and to contact seller for replacement. Not a chance PayPal will side with me on this. Also I do not think it is sellers fault. I can clearly see DPD received the item on Royal Mail site, they are refusing to take responsibility for losing the item.

After three items of mine went missing, I stopped using them entirely. I'd rather pay the extra Euro or two and have 100% delivery rate from An Post.
    Either theft or incompetence, I'm not sure which, but one's as bad as the other from my POV.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Try to contact Parcel Motel if you have an account with them and ask them. They may offer to deliver.

Third text in a row saying delivery delayed now!

So this week they have lost one parcel (gone quite on that. No further response) and now a parcel delayed by 3 days. 3 texts advising it will be delivered the next day.

Not one to throw my toys out of the pram but it has been extremely poor this week. Terrible terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Suckit wrote: »
    Try to contact Parcel Motel if you have an account with them and ask them. They may offer to deliver.
    Good idea, in the past royal mail delivered my PW package to the nearby PM depot in newtownabby lucky enough I had a dormant account with PM who emailed me & delivered the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

IDK must be summer holidays or smth, recently had order delivered to pickup point, no issues even thou it was BH here and it still was delivered next day from NI, funny thou as got message missed delivery later in the day after collection so prob glitch in the system.

As had many quirks over the years with timing missed delivery times or just backlogs, but never items went missing. I know some drivers do 10+ hours a day just to deliver all parcels, and redirection sometimes appears for them to go elsewhere, but stealing or missing items not on the list.

since with tracking these days, its very hard to make item just disappear. maybe good luck for me (knock on wood) but so far never had anything just go missing since PW started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Apologies if you've already done this, but I found the best way to track down missing items that were delivered to PW was to ring them at the contact number on the PW website and ask if they have any items matching the parcel contents that might have a missing/incomplete/wrong identifier.

On a a few occasions I gave them a description of the item and it mysteriously appeared in the system a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not one to throw my toys out of the pram but it has been extremely poor this week. Terrible terrible service.

Similar experience - 2 day delay in processing after delivery to Belfast - and completely missed the advised delivery windows

Dunno what's going on this week

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Has anyone here had any experience of DPD customer service?

After hanging around the house waiting for a delivery (school books), the package was delivered to the wrong address on Tuesday Morning.

2 days and 6 calls later, I am still no nearer to having the issue resolved. One rep told me it was delivered to 'one of 4 or 5 houses' around a 5 minute drive from me while another told me it was delivered to my next door neighbour (he did get a package but it was addressed to him).

When I rang this morning, the lad at the depot asked if the driver had not called me yet as he had asked him to. When I told him he hadn't, he said 'that's a joke, I'll give you his number and you can call him yourself' (I told him I wasn't the driver's manager and wouldn't be chasing him).

Seems like they haven't a clue where the driver left the package.

Very frustrating chasing them. Heading away today to the UK for a few days so a refund is no good as I'd not have school books in time for back-to-school.

Would I be better off contacting Eason's directly re. the delivery?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Contact Easons. They contract the courier, its up to them to sort it out.

Mod merge with big DPD thread.

Ass.
    Trying to convince me the driver was here an hour ago and I missed him and that he left a card.
    No card, I didn't miss him.
    CCTV footage to prove it, and I am sitting at the window. Girl told me it was too late to send him back here, and that she could see the timestamp and GPS.

Bullsh*t. I can watch the CCTV footage and ask the two in the front yard (as well as myself). No attempt at delivery was made today. He wouldn't be going back here. It would be the first time.

• Advertisement

Ass.
    Trying to convince me the driver was here an hour ago and I missed him and that he left a card.
    No card, I didn't miss him.
    CCTV footage to prove it, and I am sitting at the window. Girl told me it was too late to send him back here, and that she could see the timestamp and GPS.

Bullsh*t. I can watch the CCTV footage and ask the two in the front yard (as well as myself). No attempt at delivery was made today. He wouldn't be going back here. It would be the first time.
    happens, had in the past attempted delivery etc, to a pickup point where it works till like 11 and busy shop in general so no chance it could been attemped, prob redirected or cramped with other orders not on route, thats why i usually use pickup location, as most drivers deliver in my estate quite early 9-11, where pickup points fall in between lunch or evening times.

He arrived with the parcel just now. Two tablets for a setup and literally lobbed them onto the doorstep. Nobody signed, spoke to nobody and walked off.

He arrived with the parcel just now. Two tablets for a setup and literally lobbed them onto the doorstep. Nobody signed, spoke to nobody and walked off.
    seems like bad practice in general, would let dpd know how it was handled. while i can see some drivers being over stressed, but its not an excuse when your paying them for service.

I know the driver from other deliveries, it's also how I know he wasn't here yesterday.
    I will be reluctant to use them again.
    Do PM offer delivery, rather than those lockers? As there are none near me.

I know the driver from other deliveries, it's also how I know he wasn't here yesterday.
    I will be reluctant to use them again.
    Do PM offer delivery, rather than those lockers? As there are none near me.
    think its only oversized items, or extra cost to get it home delivered, but worth a check on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I need to order an exhaust for a car. Seller doesn't deliver to Ireland so I'm thinking of using PW. Only problem is it's quite long since it's an exhaust. Around 163cm to be exact. Weight isn't an issue, it's only 5kg. Other dimensions should be way under the limit since it's only a pipe basically. Would that be considered oversized?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depends on their mood. Sometimes they don't bother and process looooong or wiiiiide items without an extra charge (happened to me multiple times), sometimes they're strict. Rarely though. :)

Get my text - delivery between 5pm and 6pm.

Get off work early. Doing work in front garden from 4pm onwards.

Get a text at 5.55 saying no one is home and the delivery failed. The absolute ****ba**rds.

Its one thing to be crap at something its quite another to lie about it. Couldnt believe. No sign of the van. Nothing! No phone lines open.

After the mess up and delays of the deliveries I reported a few weeks ago I am now officially done with them. The worst service from all the forwarding companies by a country mile.

Absolute garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anyone have issues with Parcel Wizard lately, I ordered something and topped up got a message saying they had my parcel but never said that Hour slot and four days later the parcel never came then got a text yesterday saying they had my parcel but I did not have enough credit,

Now I knew there was only one parcel coming and yet they had two different parcel numbers, so I rang them a few times after ages they said they look into it but nothing, so I decided to top up again see what happens low and behold i got a text next day saying it would be delivered today and the time slot, and yes it was the parcel I was expecting,

So According to them they still have a parcel in there depot but have still not sent it,

have I just paid twice for the one parcel ��*♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

At least you got yours. Mine was delivered by DHL at 9:40 am on the 4th, nothing in their system for my account, I emailed them, no reply, was on hold for 20 minutes without ever speaking to anyone. I don't know what to do now... 113 euro down the bloody drain, I'll never use them again.

Advertisement