Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

According to them I still have one parcel but they don’t know were it is I don’t know who sent it,

Surely your insured when u use there service for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

torrevieja wrote:
    Surely your insured when u use there service for this

If they claim they have a parcel they can't find, they should refund you. I think the insurance is up to a hundred euro but obviously if you don't know what it is/it's some weird error then you won't have an invoice to prove the missing item's worth. They might make you go through the 'two weeks to see if the package shows up' rigmarole though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stephenp1966

Exactly the same here ... got a text early Friday morning saying delivery between 1pm & 2pm

Sitting here waiting - €300 part urgently needed for a job on Monday.

The part was ordered on Tuesday with a guaranteed 2-3 day delivery time ... by courier (even paid extra for that!)

No contact from DPD driver, no messages either - decided to check online with tracking number and see that *apparently* they phoned me at 13:50 and there was no answer ... all my call logs are automatically pushed into the cloud for compliance purposes.

I was sitting waiting for the delivery ... checked my phone to be sure, and there were no calls made/received/missed between 12:45 and 2:15 ... and if they say they came to the office, the CCTV cameras will show the lies being told.

I would say *very* strange, but its not, from what I hear it is perfectly normal behaviour from them and their drivers

Tried to contact their customer service (what a joke), spent 45 minutes on hold - so no joy with that either .... was just left in the queue - no mention of how long the queue was - guess they are kept really busy with the number of complaints against them!

SO what choices do I have?

Went online, and tried their Chat - another joke - if you complain in there, it says Goodbye! If you ask it a question it points you to the web site.

When calling their Customer Service, their hold messages advertise that they deliver Saturdays also, and guess what .... it's not an option on the pick a day to have your parcel delivered list ....

I contacted my supplier in UK, and told them the full story, and they have to check with the courier - they'll just be told that they tried to call me, have already explained to them the whole story, and they are not happy...

I get deliveries all the time from other companies (who provide much better service and have friendlier drivers as well) - which is what I would expect from a company that claims to be "delivery experts" - but NO ... they just don't bother their asses delivering if it doesn't suit them.

Now I have to tell my customer that the job can't be finished until the part arrives, which makes me and my company look bad ... but DPD will not be reflected on ...

Beside having to deal with their customer service department, who can we complain to?

All I can say is that when I ship items around Ireland (which I do weekly) - I WILL NOT be using DPD --- and won't be recommending them to anyone either ...

I might even go as far as to tell my suppliers that I do not accept items delivered by DPD due to their lack of reliability - so then they have to use someone else ... may cost a little more, but I'd rather have a delivery service that I know will deliver on time and as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What area is this happening in, could all be the same driver?

For me Wicklow/Wexford area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i was thinking same, my guess some areas would either have totally lazy drivers or not enough of them, by bet is on the second as they usually are underworked and often redirected.

So the message sorry we missed you etc, is just auto generate, no one really comes or calls.

Thou nothing major like that in my area, as dpd vans are in estate each morning.

Guess only solution is for people to put in complaints, maybe will force company to hire and train better staff.

Zero point in complaining to them - they don't listen to anything because they are so big - they still have the old Interlink mentality ...

I see the DPD vans around here the whole time, and even saw 2 yesterday about 11am ... so I'd say that they just couldn't be bothered ....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum that would have more specific info for this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Not looking good for me I think. I'll try phoning them again.

I got a call from the UK supplier yesterday (Monday), and he has been talking to DPD over there and here - they are guaranteeing a delivery this morning for me ...

I also got a call from the local DPD office asking what time would suit best me for delivery ...

At least I know that it will be here now and can finish out the job for my client!

• Advertisement

Well you're fcukin lucky I can't get in contact with them at all. <snip>

Mod:Please refrain from making allegations of that nature

Where did you buy the goods?
    If they are using dpd to ship them to you, then they must have a tracking number
    I was really lucky that the company I bought from took an interest in getting the part to me ... maybe worth getting in touch with the sellers!

Where did you buy the goods?
    If they are using dpd to ship them to you, then they must have a tracking number
    I was really lucky that the company I bought from took an interest in getting the part to me ... maybe worth getting in touch with the sellers!

I bought the goods in the UK, that company used DHL to send it to the PW depot in newtownabbey DHL have confirmed that it was signed for at 9:40 on the 4th of September, after that nothing... No answer to my emails and no one will pick up the phone. <SNIP>

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Well you're fcukin lucky I can't get in contact with them at all. <snip>

Mod:Please refrain from making allegations of that nature

It isn't an allegation, the parcel was delivered and signed for at the PW depot in Newtownabbey confirmed by DHL who do answer their emails, I have the person's name which I won't write here.

It isn't an allegation, the parcel was delivered and signed for at the PW depot in Newtownabbey confirmed by DHL who do answer their emails, I have the person's name which I won't write here.

You can contact them on chat tomorrow.
    It is possible that it was signed for by somebody in PM, as that has happened many times before.
    The way others got around it was to change 'Newtownabbey' to 'Mallusk' on the address.
    Other couriers seem to bundle all the parcels into one (PM and PW) and they are all signed for by wherever they deliver them to, which seems to be PM most of the time.

If they claim they have a parcel they can't find, they should refund you. I think the insurance is up to a hundred euro but obviously if you don't know what it is/it's some weird error then you won't have an invoice to prove the missing item's worth. They might make you go through the 'two weeks to see if the package shows up' rigmarole though...

Well that’s true but they were quick to charge me for the package that arrived and quite honestly I genuinely can’t remember if it’s. Something i ordered ages ago, the guy on phone today sounds like a kid keeps telling me the only communication they have is through email , wouldn’t be too bad if they responded, but not even to there own colleagues 🤷*♀️

Suckit wrote: »
    You can contact them on chat tomorrow.
    It is possible that it was signed for by somebody in PM, as that has happened many times before.
    The way others got around it was to change 'Newtownabbey' to 'Mallusk' on the address.
    Other couriers seem to bundle all the parcels into one (PM and PW) and they are all signed for by wherever they deliver them to, which seems to be PM most of the time.

How do I access chat? I couldn't find it on the website and the app keeps returning error upon error when I try to use it. DHL sent me a Google maps overhead view of the premises in which it was signed for. It certainly looks like the PW premises when I zoom out.

How do I access chat? I couldn't find it on the website and the app keeps returning error upon error when I try to use it. DHL sent me a Google maps overhead view of the premises in which it was signed for. It certainly looks like the PW premises when I zoom out.
    The two premises are attached to each other. Next door neighbours.

https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat

Loads of people have had parcels delivered to PM. Some people have had an account with both and PM delivered it for them. Which is a it of a nasty tactic instead of handing them into PW.

Loads of people have had parcels delivered to PM. Some people have had an account with both and PM delivered it for them. Which is a it of a nasty tactic instead of handing them into PW.
    OK, so if that's the case that it's in the PM depot what do I do?
    Thanks for the link, maybe I'll get somewhere tomorrow.
    Probably no harm to open a PM account, kind of a belt and braces approach;)
    If I could get through to them and they told me for definite that it wasn't there I could pursue DHL for incorrect delivery, very frustrating when they won't engage with me.

Many thanks for the link I finally made contact with someone, they want me to email what I have to someone else, package doesn't seem to be there which is worrying.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for the link I finally made contact with someone, they want me to email what I have to someone else, package doesn't seem to be there which is worrying.

It's likely in PM.

For future reference, if using PW again change 'Newtownabbey' to 'Mallusk' on the address.

It's likely in PM.

For future reference, if using PW again change 'Newtownabbey' to 'Mallusk' on the address.

Will do. What happens if it is in PM? Claim against DHL?

Will do. What happens if it is in PM? Claim against DHL?

Yeah, well, not claim. PW are saying it never arrived there, so contact DHL and explain that it never arrived. They are most likely aware of the address and if they ask you might want to tell them that it may have been delivered to the wrong premises.

It's up to them to sort it out. They can ring PM or get the driver to check back or whatever they do, but they delivered it to the wrong address allegedly. Afaik they need to prove otherwise. Do you have a copy of the signature that signed for it? You may need to confirm with PW that person does not work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I've had same issue! Purchased an item on eBay. Sent by registered post to parcel wizard. They signed for it on 31/08 (I have tracking number and can see who signed for it) and the parcel has mysteriously disappeared!

I managed to make contact with them one week after they received the parcel and they said they'd get back to me...and they haven't since! I've tried ringing again and on hold or get disconnected...tried emailing...no response...and tried Facebook chat which they did send me a message asking for further info and then nothing....I've never had this issue with them before and I've used them a lot but this run around and not being able to communicate with them is frustrating. Fine if they've lost the parcel but at least update me and tell me how to get compensated for the lost item. I can't go back to eBay seller as item was sent and received by depot...so onus is on parcel wizard

soc wrote: »
    Fine if they've lost the parcel but at least update me and tell me how to get compensated for the lost item. I can't go back to eBay seller as item was sent and received by depot...so onus is on parcel wizard
    It is on the courier that delivered it afaik.

If they delivered to your neighbour, and they signed for it, it would still appear as delivered and likely be an illegible signature. Unless your neighbour was genuinely doing you a favour.

Contact PW using the link above and find out if it was delivered to them.

soc wrote: »
    I've had same issue! Purchased an item on eBay. Sent by registered post to parcel wizard. They signed for it on 31/08 (I have tracking number and can see who signed for it) and the parcel has mysteriously disappeared!

I managed to make contact with them one week after they received the parcel and they said they'd get back to me...and they haven't since! I've tried ringing again and on hold or get disconnected...tried emailing...no response...and tried Facebook chat which they did send me a message asking for further info and then nothing....I've never had this issue with them before and I've used them a lot but this run around and not being able to communicate with them is frustrating. Fine if they've lost the parcel but at least update me and tell me how to get compensated for the lost item. I can't go back to eBay seller as item was sent and received by depot...so onus is on parcel wizard

It's dreadful behaviour from a large company. I spoke to a girl on chat who told me to email what I had to another girl which I've done, nothing yet, not even an acknowledgement. I'm not holding out much hope to be honest.

It's dreadful behaviour from a large company. I spoke to a girl on chat who told me to email what I had to another girl which I've done, nothing yet, not even an acknowledgement. I'm not holding out much hope to be honest.

Yea the Facebook one is done all the time they ask u for more information then totally ignore you

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This is why I no longer use DPD. They lost 3 parcels of mine in quick succession and I never got anywhere with them.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

That is strange. I have a very similar issue and they signed for receiving it on the 31st. Getting nowhere with them. Won't be using them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone have problems topping up via PayPal?
    When I use my existing PayPal account and click next, on the top up page it says an error has occurred.

Advertisement