Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone have problems topping up via PayPal?
    When I use my existing PayPal account and click next, on the top up page it says an error has occurred.

Yes! I tried 'pay via new PayPal account' instead and no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Don't bother topping up use a different service. What are we going to do about getting our items or getting compensation? Courier companies aren't covered by the ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Don't bother topping up use a different service. What are we going to do about getting our items or getting compensation? Courier companies aren't covered by the ombudsman.

Contact the seller, tell them the item never arrived.
    It was delivered to the wrong address, somebody there signed for it.
    They will have to deal with it from there.

Suckit wrote: »
    Contact the seller, tell them the item never arrived.
    It was delivered to the wrong address, somebody there signed for it.
    They will have to deal with it from there.

I've contacted them this morning, no way are PW or DHL getting away with that behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

tk123 wrote: »
    Yes! I tried 'pay via new PayPal account' instead and no probs

Thanks! That worked but only if I select "No" to save the payment option otherwise you get the error. It's very fickle haha.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks! That worked but only if I select "No" to save the payment option otherwise you get the error. It's very fickle haha.

I wish you luck... I'll never use them again.

MOD: Ok, final warning. These threads are rarely full of good news and heartwarming stories. They are busy because people have problems. Look back 10 pages and see how many are similar to yours. You have come on to this forum and alleged certain things without knowing facts. In fact, without seeming to know how the system works in the Northern Ireland setup. These forwarders handle hundreds, if not thousands, of parcels a day.
    Lots have people have had mislabels, incorrect addresses, labels torn off etc. We have had numerous cases of companies delivering into PW instead of PM and vice versa. You need to get your supplier to exert the pressure from their side if they contracted DHL to deliver.
    Defamation isn't tolerated on Boards, full stop. By all means update the thread if you wish, but stop putting your piece into a different conversation, as has happened here.
    WR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I've contacted them this morning, no way are PW or DHL getting away with that behaviour.
    Can they be taken to the small claims court for the cost of the ieem (including any shipping + other costs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

It is on the courier that delivered it afaik.

If they delivered to your neighbour, and they signed for it, it would still appear as delivered and likely be an illegible signature. Unless your neighbour was genuinely doing you a favour.

Contact PW using the link above and find out if it was delivered to them.

But they haven't delivered anything... I think you misread my post.
    Seller sent item by registered Royal Mail to Parcel Wizard.
    Parcel wizard signed for package on 31/08 (I asked seller for tracking number).
    Parcel hasn't been acknowledged by Parcel Wizard (i.e. no text), and I've tried to contact Parcel Wizard about the package, and having absolutely no luck on that front either....

This Saturday 14/09, it will be 2 weeks since package was signed into Parcel Wizard depot.

So what do I do now? No one in Parcel Wizard is contactable.... and the fact that they signed for the parcel into their depot is proof that they have accepted the parcel on my behalf, so how do I go about processing a claim with them if I can't contact them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Keep emailing and contacting them. Email address from the site is parcelwizard@dpd.ie. They have an account on twitter as well, that can get people moving.

soc wrote: »
    So what do I do now? No one in Parcel Wizard is contactable.... and the fact that they signed for the parcel into their depot is proof that they have accepted the parcel on my behalf, so how do I go about processing a claim with them if I can't contact them?

No, it just means somebody signed for it. The way the parcels are delivered to PM and PW are in bulk, it would take them ages to go through them individually. PW stuff often gets delivered to PM by mistake and is signed for. You need to contact the seller and tell them that it never arrived, although two weeks is a long time there will be a record of it somewhere and the driver may remember which building they delivered that days bulk parcels to.
    Tell the seller it never arrived, if the seller says it was signed for, tell them that maybe correct, but it wasn't signed for at the correct address (assuming PW are saying that they have never received it).

You can also contact PW by using this chat link:
    https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat

This phone number:
    090 64 20500

Or this form:
    https://dpd.ie/Contact-Us

• Advertisement

No, it just means somebody signed for it. The way the parcels are delivered to PM and PW are in bulk, it would take them ages to go through them individually. PW stuff often gets delivered to PM by mistake and is signed for. You need to contact the seller and tell them that it never arrived, although two weeks is a long time there will be a record of it somewhere and the driver may remember which building they delivered that days bulk parcels to.
    Tell the seller it never arrived, if the seller says it was signed for, tell them that maybe correct, but it wasn't signed for at the correct address (assuming PW are saying that they have never received it).

You can also contact PW by using this chat link:
    https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat

This phone number:
    090 64 20500

Or this form:
    https://dpd.ie/Contact-Us

I can't tell the seller it didn't arrive. They sent it registered to the parcel wizard address...and it was signed for there. It's not their fault that pw has misplaced it...they paid for it to be signed and delivered to pw...so they've fulfilled their part.

I'll try the chat option tmrw.

Twitter account hasn't been active I think since 2017. Facebook I had initial contact via messenger...but then they conveniently disappeared from there too...sent several messages to them there for an update and nothing.

I've tried ringing the number. Again got through initially and guy supposed to get back to me...and he never did.

Tried online contact form too...and still nothing.

I've also emailed several times and...guess what....still nothing.

I can't tell the seller it didn't arrive. They sent it registered to the parcel wizard address...and it was signed for there. It's not their fault that pw has misplaced it...they paid for it to be signed and delivered to pw...so they've fulfilled their part.

I'll try the chat option tmrw.
    I'm not on twitter, but this one could help maybe - https://twitter.com/dpdireland?lang=en

I am finding myself in the unlikely position of defending PW on this one. I have had my more than fair share of problems with them (all of them tbh).
    But if you contact them and if they say that they never had the parcel, then it was likely delivered to the wrong address. It is not that unusual, in fact it's quite common.
    If that is the case with this, then PW didn't misplace it and the the courier that the seller used delivered it to the wrong address.

It is for that reason that many people use 'Mallusk' on the virtual address for PW instead of 'Newtownabbey'. Somebody pointed it out very early on, as it helps prevent them being delivered to the wrong unit.

I'm not on twitter, but this one could help maybe - https://twitter.com/dpdireland?lang=en

I am finding myself in the unlikely position of defending PW on this one. I have had my more than fair share of problems with them (all of them tbh).
    But if you contact them and if they say that they never had the parcel, then it was likely delivered to the wrong address. It is not that unusual, in fact it's quite common.
    If that is the case with this, then PW didn't misplace it and the the courier that the seller used delivered it to the wrong address.

It is for that reason that many people use 'Mallusk' on the virtual address for PW instead of 'Newtownabbey'. Somebody pointed it out very early on, as it helps prevent them being delivered to the wrong unit.

But on PW T&C:
    If you buy goods from a UK Consignor and use the My UK Virtual Address, your contract for delivery of the goods will remain with the Consignor (as per the Standard Delivery section of these terms) until the goods are validly received and accepted by us at the My UK Virtual Address location.

From the point we receive your parcel at the UK Virtual Address, your contract for collection and delivery will be with us and the Terms and Conditions of Carriage, outlined below, will apply.

I have a track & trace from Royal Mail saying explicitly: "Signed for by: DPD PARCEL WIZARD (name of person, which I'm omitting)".
    So, I (and seller) have no other reason to believe that it wasn't received by PW... so, hence onus is on PW.

I've had loads of parcels delivered to PW and never had this 'PM/PW' issue... and even if there is an issue, it's PW issue, and not mine. I'm literally using the UK Virtual Address on my PW account... if I changed it to 'Mallusk' no doubt they'd probably use that as a 'get out' clause that I didn't use the correct PW address :rolleyes:

I'll try that Twitter account, thanks!

But on PW T&C:

I've had loads of parcels delivered to PW and never had this 'PM/PW' issue... and even if there is an issue, it's PW issue, and not mine. I'm literally using the UK Virtual Address on my PW account... if I changed it to 'Mallusk' no doubt they'd probably use that as a 'get out' clause that I didn't use the correct PW address :rolleyes:

Exactly, mallusk would be a get out clause.... If they ever communicated...

But on PW T&C:
    I have a track & trace from Royal Mail saying explicitly: "Signed for by: DPD PARCEL WIZARD (name of person, which I'm omitting)".
    So, I (and seller) have no other reason to believe that it wasn't received by PW... so, hence onus is on PW.
    I was just mentioning it to you in case you weren't aware of it, and it may help.
    If you search this thread for mallusk you will see many have had the issue and changed over. Not sure if there was also a thread before this one.
    I had two parcels go missing early on. One was from amazon courier who had it clearly marked as DPD PARCEL WIZARD and it was signed (illegible).
    I had been able to contact them, who told me it wasn't delivered to them. I contacted Parcel Motel and they said they would look. I think it took 3 weeks of panicking before it came through from the PM unit.
    The 2nd item never turned up. It was from a clothing store. I contacted PW first, they said they didn't have it. That was good enough for me. Contacted the store said parcel didn't arrive, and it wasn't signed by anyone at that address. They sent it again.

Fwiw, I have also had items from DHL and An Post (among others) sent directly to me, but signed for by my neighbour at their address with my address in the system, which is okay where we live. But not right beside each other.
    They have the name of the address already in the system.
    When they hand over the POD system/App all they want is the signature. The address in the system would be the intended delivery point, they rarely change that (some do now).
    Very easy to see how PW or PM could sign for an incorrect parcel or another address when a bulk delivery is being made.
    The onus is definitely not on PW until the courier can prove it was delivered to them at the correct address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I was just mentioning it to you in case you weren't aware of it, and it may help.
    If you search this thread for mallusk you will see many have had the issue and changed over. Not sure if there was also a thread before this one.
    I had two parcels go missing early on. One was from amazon courier who had it clearly marked as DPD PARCEL WIZARD and it was signed (illegible).
    I had been able to contact them, who told me it wasn't delivered to them. I contacted Parcel Motel and they said they would look. I think it took 3 weeks of panicking before it came through from the PM unit.
    The 2nd item never turned up. It was from a clothing store. I contacted PW first, they said they didn't have it. That was good enough for me. Contacted the store said parcel didn't arrive, and it wasn't signed by anyone at that address. They sent it again.

Fwiw, I have also had items from DHL and An Post (among others) sent directly to me, but signed for by my neighbour at their address with my address in the system, which is okay where we live. But not right beside each other.
    They have the name of the address already in the system.
    When they hand over the POD system/App all they want is the signature. The address in the system would be the intended delivery point, they rarely change that (some do now).
    Very easy to see how PW or PM could sign for an incorrect parcel or another address when a bulk delivery is being made.
    The onus is definitely not on PW until the courier can prove it was delivered to them at the correct address.

Ok so can you tell me if i get a text to say my parcel with ref number 1234 has arrived and will be sent i have the credit for this parcel, then there is no time frame of one hour next day i get a text saying my parcel has arrived ABCD but i dont have enough credit in my account,?? confused i am now so i top up again and get a messsage ABCD will be delivered next day with an hour time frame etc which they text me and i recieved, so what happened to 1234 ??? they Charged me for a Parcel, im not sure what this is i get a few orders of Amazon
    Any ideas folks???

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

I received a notification from PW on Monday that they had a parcel for me and I was charged €3.85. But I wasn't expecting anything and haven't received a package or a notification that it's out for delivery. No response to email and their phone rang out. Then live chat hung up on me as I was typing.

I'd noticed this happening before but when nothing arrived I assumed it was an error and I hadn't been charged. This time I checked and I was charged but the non existent parcel is listed as being 'ready for dispatch' for 2 days. Do they charge to dispose of spam like catalogues and don't bother sending them on?

There seems to be no way of communicating with them that they accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Royal mail tracking tells me they delivered my package to the newtownabby depot on sat 14 Sept but it hasn't been delivered to me, no sign of it when I check future deliverys on PW site either, awaiting response from DPD now,....this happened before & the package eventually turned up after a week,....thinking of moving to the An Post service as they actually have a UK mainland address which is handy because some retailers FREE UK delivery doesn't include NI, same price as PW but you collect from your local PO.

lensman wrote: »
    Royal mail tracking tells me they delivered my package to the newtownabby depot on sat 14 Sept but it hasn't been delivered to me, no sign of it when I check future deliverys on PW site either, awaiting response from DPD now

Yeah good luck with that. They have my parcel signed for into their depot since 31/08 and both they and my parcel have disappeared. They're impossible to get hold of and when you do they ask you for info and then they continue to ignore.

Yeah good luck with that. They have my parcel signed for into their depot since 31/08 and both they and my parcel have disappeared. They're impossible to get hold of and when you do they ask you for info and then they continue to ignore.
    The crazy thing is the item is a rain drip bar that you fit to the bottom of your door to divert the rain away, this is the 2nd one I ordered the 1st item was shipped months ago but an empty cardboard shipping tube arrived which had been cut open & taped up again with DPD (interlink) tape, this delivery is the same item but from a different UK retailer,...someone is collecting door accessories.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The crazy thing is the item is a rain drip bar that you fit to the bottom of your door to divert the rain away, this is the 2nd one I ordered the 1st item was shipped months ago but an empty cardboard shipping tube arrived which had been cut open & taped up again with DPD (interlink) tape, this delivery is the same item but from a different UK retailer,...someone is collecting door accessories.:rolleyes:

And dresses too, that's what was in my package, I haven heard a peep from them either.

And dresses too, that's what was in my package, I haven heard a peep from them either.
    Another shipment is on its way to me via PW, my account is now zero & I cant topup, keeps telling me "error occurred" so if the missing package shows up now Im in a fix....notified PW last week about the topup issue but not a peep from them,......Ive setup an An Post AddressPal account for future UK deliveries,...had enough of PW at this point.

Mine is a laptop stand

they seem to be replying to complaints on their FB page in recent days/weeks,

they seem to be replying to complaints on their FB page in recent days/weeks,

Yada yada yada, I just want my item(unlikely at this stage) or a refund. Would it be worthwhile going the SCC route?

Yada yada yada, I just want my item(unlikely at this stage) or a refund. Would it be worthwhile going the SCC route?

That is exactly how I feel. But in T&C they are governed by UK law...
    Subject to any Northern Irish laws which apply to the Services (including mandatory consumer protection laws in Northern Ireland) which may apply to customers in Northern Ireland, these conditions and each and every order made pursuant to them shall be governed by Irish law and the Irish courts will have jurisdiction over any disputes arising from them.

I assume this means though that it can still be pursued under Irish law?

I just want to know the process to get item refunded ...but it's like pulling teeth with them

Wonders will never cease, the package that arrived at PW Newtownabbey last Saturday arrived at my door today.

Bit of progress here too, PW have admitted liability to the seller of my goods, they need the an invoice for the sale which the emailed to me and a scan of the delivery docket with the signature on it. My seller is awaiting that from DHL, after that I can raise an official complaint and get a refund.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bit of progress here too, PW have admitted liability to the seller of my goods, they need the an invoice for the sale which the emailed to me and a scan of the delivery docket with the signature on it. My seller is awaiting that from DHL, after that I can raise an official complaint and get a refund.

Even doing that, ParcelWizard are doing it incorrectly. Their contract is with you, not with the seller. Fairly shambolic behaviour from them at every step.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Even doing that, ParcelWizard are doing it incorrectly. Their contract is with you, not with the seller. Fairly shambolic behaviour from them at every step.

You can sing that one!! Never ever again.

Advertisement