Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I live on a small offshore island where couriers do not venture so always make sure if I order online that the seller uses An Post. As I am all but housebound mail order shopping is important to me.

It works well these days; I can order from eg Lenehans hardware or Holland and Barrett in an afternoon and the parcel is with me the following morning.

Last week I ordered from Ebay uk. Made sure they were sending by post.

Am now in a total chaos being inundated with emails from DPD and Ebay who assure me that they tried to deliver today .. and left a note! Total fabrication.. Now a different courier is mentioned. Who will not spend a whole day toing and froing on the ferry...

JUST USE AN POST!

I have emailed them prolifically to no avail. Just get the same falsehoods..

I have tried to get a refund but the seller is not longer replying to messages.

Is this normal for DPD etc? Do they not check maps and addresses etc before they set out?

They keep putting the delivery date back and back. Just want a refund and peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Just request a chargeback from your bank. Its straightforward.

Had yet another email from ebay; alleging that a delivery attempt was made yesterday! DPD will have arrived at the shore and realised OOPS.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Just request a chargeback from your bank. Its straightforward.

Cannot get to my bank.

More and more emails and saying they ar edelivering today... from Ebay and DPD. too ill for all this so have blocked their posts … losing the money is hard. NEVER EVER AGAIN from Ebay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You're probably best asking them to use Royal Mail if you want the item to be delivered by An Post.
    Many companies specify whether they use Royal Mail or a courier in their listing or on their website.
    It might be helpful to update your address to state "Royal Mail only, remote island" in address line 3 or so. Not saying it's a solution but it might help.

DPD seemingly do deliver to remote addresses but state it will take an extra 2 days. So when you see "Out for Delivery" or "Delivery attempted".. chances are that's when it left the central depot, and perhaps redirected to another depot to be re-sorted/take to sorting office for delivery by ferry/etc. Don't take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

No need to be making yourself I'll over it. Those are automated emails. As poster above said, not personal. You dont need to go to the bank physically, just contact them. It's a very simple process.

Yea.. I'd give it a week or 2. If nothing shows up you can go through the refund process.

Most sellers will have info like this under "Postage and payments"
    Postage and packaging
    To Ireland
    Service Royal Mail International Economy
    Delivery £4.50
    Estimated delivery within 6-10 working days
    Seller sends within 3 days after receiving cleared payment

Be careful if buying Chinese junk or other electronics, as a lot of the time it will say item location "UK" but will actually ship from Asia. Most sellers though will complete this info accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Guess what? The parcel turned up today after they denied that they had it, I think it was in PM and someone from PW asked them if they had it.

antix80 wrote: »
    You're probably best asking them to use Royal Mail if you want the item to be delivered by An Post.
    Many companies specify whether they use Royal Mail or a courier in their listing or on their website.
    It might be helpful to update your address to state "Royal Mail only, remote island" in address line 3 or so. Not saying it's a solution but it might help.

DPD seemingly do deliver to remote addresses but state it will take an extra 2 days. So when you see "Out for Delivery" or "Delivery attempted".. chances are that's when it left the central depot, and perhaps redirected to another depot to be re-sorted/take to sorting office for delivery by ferry/etc. Don't take it personally.

They did say clearly they use Royal Mail else I would not have bought from them. And I did specify why etc as you so wisely suggested. I always do.

The messages say it is being delivered at eg 12 30 and even tell me the name of the driver. Maris! and blame me for the failed delivery.

DPD do not deliver to islands. No courier does; trust me on that. Many other firms eg Woodies, also specify no islands. It would take too long with ferries only once or twice a day..I never ever use a courier for that reason. An Post deliver here. So I use the firms who use An Post ; as this seller claimed on the ebay site they did .

Also I wrote several times to DPD. They disregard all mails and just send the same . " delivery was attempted and a note was left for you". My address s very clearly an island and they have been told.

They have now apparently "attempted" three deliveries and left me three notes! No notes here.

I assumed they have and use maps.

As I am all but housebound I get much of what I need by post. Y'day I ordered from a big hardware firm In Dublin; Lenahans. As I have done before. Their range is amazing! Ordered around 2 pm; had a mail from them soon after 4 pm that my order was on its way . and from previous frequent experience it will be with me tomorrow , Friday , morning. Same with eg Holland and Barrett.. An Post are brilliant. To the island from Dublin in well under 24 hours with tracking is the norm with them and other firms who use An Post. . Oh and by ordering a certain amount, no postage /shipping costs
    I googled ebay problems and vanishing orders are frequent. As is ignoring queries and complaints. 2 weeks now already. A horrific scene.

such a shame. But that lesson is learned and I am the poorer for it. It was something I was getting as a gift for someone. That I cannot get elsewhere. Small pension here so no leeway

Citizens info have very expert advice on this matter.

So there really are no excuses for this. None.

• Advertisement

Yea.. I'd give it a week or 2. If nothing shows up you can go through the refund process.

Most sellers will have info like this under "Postage and payments"
    Postage and packaging
    To Ireland
    Service Royal Mail International Economy
    Delivery £4.50
    Estimated delivery within 6-10 working days
    Seller sends within 3 days after receiving cleared payment

Be careful if buying Chinese junk or other electronics, as a lot of the time it will say item location "UK" but will actually ship from Asia. Most sellers though will complete this info accurately.

said clearly Royal Mail. I am very careful after previous bad experiences

There is no excuse. Been over 2 weeks already .. heads will roll soon!
    PS already ill anyways so it is not them … ;) Just males it harder trying to deal with them

Anyways; turning it over to legally qualified folk as I am ill abed and coping with paperwork etc is beyond me. I was appalled at how often this happens with ebay; google ebay complaints!

Over and out from me.

I booked a package for delivery using Parcel Direct on a Monday morning, got a Fedex service and used the option to have it collected from one of their locations (a petrol station near by). It was due to be collected from there Tuesday.

Monday evening I brought the package to the petrol station and they had no idea what to do it, ended up talking to a manager and she said she would ring Parcel direct in the morning.

She rings me Tuesday and she said that she was talking to parcel direct and she said it was all sorted.

Wednesday evening I check my tracking and see it hasn't moved, when I contacted parcel direct they said they'd get them to collect Thursday but wouldn't tell me a collection time or anything. Unsurprisingly they never collected it. I ended up booking through Parcel2Go (via TNT) On Thursday evening, it was collected from me on Friday and delivered to Boston on Monday, so definitely recommend them over Parcel Direct anyways.

Bit off topic for this Thread, but I have nothing but praise for DPD, they give an hour window that they always stick to and I've never had any issues.

Then you are very lucky. They keep sending me that hour window and just not seeing that they would need a ferry to get here. Thick as 2 short planks so planning to sue them now. mnaksockasbomdow ondowd

Mystery666 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. So the only other option is fastway, which everyone else things is a terrible service?

no; there is dpd who are worse then fastway!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Guess what? The parcel turned up today after they denied that they had it, I think it was in PM and someone from PW asked them if they had it.

Exact same thing happened to me! And this is after I had to go somewhere else to purchase the missing item...Something fishy alright....how come all these parcels that went missing around 31st of Aug have suddenly turned up? I'm not happy at all and will never use them again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

soc wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me! And this is after I had to go somewhere else to purchase the missing item...Something fishy alright....how come all these parcels that went missing around 31st of Aug have suddenly turned up? I'm not happy at all and will never use them again

I won't either, their attitude in the emails wasn't very nice. I've setup an addresspal account and I'll try that next.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: OP you are going on multiple threads bad mouthing DPD because of your experience. I have consolidated all your comments and am folding your thread into the main DPD thread. Please keep any comments about them there in future. Thanks.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Then you are very lucky. They keep sending me that hour window and just not seeing that they would need a ferry to get here. Thick as 2 short planks so planning to sue them now. mnaksockasbomdow ondowd

You won't get anywhere suing them - or ebay - as their contract is with the seller.
    My advice to you is to leave the seller negative feedback due to using a delivery service other than agreed, and then begin a dispute resolution with ebay to get a refund after an appropriate amount of time has passed.

And a bit more advice.. You live on an island with all the downsides that come with it. You might just need to accept online shopping with foreign companies who rely on couriers isn't for you. Stick to the companies you can trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Has anyone used these for a TV before? around 50-55 inch?

Did they charge much extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

You won't get anywhere suing them - or ebay - as their contract is with the seller.
    My advice to you is to leave the seller negative feedback due to using a delivery service other than agreed, and then begin a dispute resolution with ebay to get a refund after an appropriate amount of time has passed.

And a bit more advice.. You live on an island with all the downsides that come with it. You might just need to accept online shopping with foreign companies who rely on couriers isn't for you. Stick to the companies you can trust.

thats moronic and biggest thing i hate about ebay policies, if you put in correct address which seller slapped label on how the f are they responsible for your missing item, if they have tracked and it says signed its not their fault.

as in most cases uk has way cheaper shipping for tracked and most do use it, putting in false claim wont do you much favor.

that said its very high number here of people who seem to complain about service, even thou used em from start never had more then few delays over the years, yes they say they missed you or item isnt there, but usually if it shows signed, they find and deliver it within day or two, at least in my case, maybe other hubs are a mess but hard to believe they would be so bad country wise.
    Suckit wrote: »
    Has anyone used these for a TV before? around 50-55 inch?

Did they charge much extra?

whats the weight for tv ? as id be interested as well knowing is there much extra as going back seems some gotten luck without getting any extra, but imagine depends on whole packaging , if weight is less then 20kg, size could compensate for dimensions not to get slapped with extra charge, as think theres FAQ section on their site about how they calculate cost, and if weight is less its possible, or well happened in past where no extra pay was needed, for others that ordered large items.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

scamalert wrote: »
    whats the weight for tv ? as id be interested as well knowing is there much extra as going back seems some gotten luck without getting any extra, but imagine depends on whole packaging , if weight is less then 20kg, size could compensate for dimensions not to get slapped with extra charge, as think theres FAQ section on their site about how they calculate cost, and if weight is less its possible, or well happened in past where no extra pay was needed, for others that ordered large items.

The weight is not on it, but I guess packaged it's about 15kg (going by weight of other similar TV's).
    I've ordered form Germany before, but this is only available from UK and not available for shipping to Ireland.
    I thought that I had read here somebody ordered it and it cost €10 extra or something, but can't seem to find it in the thread.

I see some got it for €3.50

Edited:

I decided to buy it anyway, and pay whatever it was going to be. They are charging £250 to deliver it to Northern Ireland.
    Feck that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Does anyone know what happens if I make a single order to be sent through Parcel Wizard and the sender sends it as one consignment but splits it into two boxes?

Does anyone know what happens if I make a single order to be sent through Parcel Wizard and the sender sends it as one consignment but splits it into two boxes?
    topup for two separate parcels. if two boxes have to be scanned they wont be treated as single delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Could someone remind me of what address to input to stop your package going to parcel motel in error?

Had my first package (a large and expensive one) incorrectly delivered to PM by royal mail over 2 weeks ago . PM say they return all such parcels back to carrier but royal mail say it has yet to be returned

Have a claim in now with Amazon for a replacement or refund but just want to make sure this doesn't happen again

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

frogstar wrote: »
    Could someone remind me of what address to input to stop your package going to parcel motel in error?

[...]

Tks

Name
    PW ID
    DPD Parcel Wizard,
    Unit 5, Trench Park Rd
    Mallusk, co. Antrim
    BT36 4LB

You're welcome. :)

i wonder instead of PW could people use parcel wizard in full? or even add DPD as its their side business anyway.

never had issues with newtownabbey, but then again PM-PW when mail moves basically in trucks easy to deliver wrong, as both share same business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Never had an issue with newtownabbey here either. But I'm having loads of issues with DPD in Cork the last 6 months.

Parcel wizard goes perfectly until it hits Depot 29, then its a case of spin the wheel and hope for the best.

I started getting parcels delivered to pickup point because they were outright lying about going to the house.

Then the excuses became even more comical
    - "The pickup point refused your parcel because it was too big" (500g and about 15cm x 10cm x 5cm) - pickup point staff confirmed driver never showed up and several other people had been in looking for their parcels.

- "Pickup point was closed" (open until 11pm - again staff confirmed driver never showed up)

So I started getting the parcels delivered to work where they get so many deliveries they know all the courier drivers by name.

- "Your parcel was delayed because the driver is new to the route" nope same driver as usual parcel was never on his delivery list

- "We're down a driver, your driver is covering two routes" nope driver is covering same route he has for years

Head office even started CC'ing me on their requests to the local depot to prove they were following things up. Still had no effect whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Does anyone use the DPD iOS app for Parcel Wizard? I notice it is very slow on my iPhone XS Max and the app has not been updated in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Does anyone use the DPD iOS app for Parcel Wizard? I notice it is very slow on my iPhone XS Max and the app has not been updated in 2 years.

I'm finding the Android app very slow. Most of the time it times out when I'm logging in, or when I'm trying to get to the delivery details page. I'm also finding that I cannot track the number of stops the van is from my house any more, but maybe that is down to the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I order from Amazon a lot , 174 orders so far this year , The first 173 were delivered by An Post - Order 174 is DPD !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,323 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

TimHorton wrote: »
    I order from Amazon a lot , 174 orders so far this year , The first 173 were delivered by An Post - Order 174 is DPD !

That's unwelcome news for me, as I don't trust DPD to find a gaily-coloured ass in a field.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement