Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's unwelcome news for me, as I don't trust DPD to find a gaily-coloured ass in a field.

I agree , DPD are already delaying Delivery by a day - Amazon say Tuesday but DPD sent a mail saying Wed , When I ordered over the last Bank Holiday it arrived via AnPost on the Tuesday and also AnPost deliver on a Saturday in my Urban area...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

DPD have been delivering for them for a while. So have manyother couriers. It depends on the warehouse or location of the item among other things.
    I have had a fair bit of stuff delivered by DPD from amazon.

Suckit wrote: »
    DPD have been delivering for them for a while. So have manyother couriers. It depends on the warehouse or location of the item among other things.
    I have had a fair bit of stuff delivered by DPD from amazon.
    Well I am on order 174 this year on all sorts of items and the 1st 173 came via AnPost... I actually live/work near the DPD National Hub BTW.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TimHorton wrote: »
    Well I am on order 174 this year on all sorts of items and the 1st 173 came via AnPost... I actually live/work near the DPD National Hub BTW.....
    I'm not sure what to tell you... confused0024.gif

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to tell you... confused0024.gif

Boom Order 175 is also DPD .

• Advertisement

TimHorton wrote: »
      Boom Order 175 is also DPD .

I hate this , AnPost deliver quicker and its delivered to my door before 8am like clockwork- DPD will send all sorts of stupid emails about who my driver is and how busy he is and an approximate delivery time - total nonsense.

1. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

been a while since used it but had parcel sent on Saturday hit NI on BH, got scanned on Tuesday picked up today, seems business as usual.

2. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just seen email land seems PW are preparing for black friday christmas,imagine most wont get affected by it, as same rules been in place long now, but i always been baffled about getting say item thats 10-11kgs and has 1m or close to its dimension like flat table top etc, know they use some forumla to calculate but its not clear and can go either way i imagine, anyhow email below as loks like they might become more strict.

No individual item should exceed 20kg in weight. No individual item should exceed dimensions of 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. If an item exceeds these measurements, we may at our discretion, decline to deliver the consignment or apply additional charges for delivery. In either event we will notify you and where additional charges are to be applied we will require advance payment.
      Please note we will not accept delivery for any goods over 31kg.

3. Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

scamalert wrote: »
      just seen email land seems PW are preparing for black friday christmas,imagine most wont get affected by it, as same rules been in place long now, but i always been baffled about getting say item thats 10-11kgs and has 1m or close to its dimension like flat table top etc, know they use some forumla to calculate but its not clear and can go either way i imagine, anyhow email below as loks like they might become more strict.

No individual item should exceed 20kg in weight. No individual item should exceed dimensions of 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. If an item exceeds these measurements, we may at our discretion, decline to deliver the consignment or apply additional charges for delivery. In either event we will notify you and where additional charges are to be applied we will require advance payment.
      Please note we will not accept delivery for any goods over 31kg.

I got that and thought it was specifically aimed at me because I had a slightly large package delivered to my parcel Wizard this morning.
      Still no notification from DPD though which has me slightly worried because Hermes were the courier and they are absolutely abysmal

4. Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
      Unregistered Users

Got same email. I guess it's their precautionary measure on the eve of black friday fever. ;)

But, note the discretionary thing - happened to me multiple times to have items heavier or bigger than their limits and all went through smoothly, with no extra charges. :)

5. Advertisement
    6. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

joujoujou wrote: »
      Got same email. I guess it's their precautionary measure on the eve of black friday fever. ;)

But, note the discretionary thing - happened to me multiple times to have items heavier or bigger than their limits and all went through smoothly, with no extra charges. :)
      well plenty stories where tvs and other items outside dimenstions were delivered, but seems this precaution could cost some people now.

id rather they have better dimension weight examples and say flat fee 7e smth if its larger, not taking 40ks or few feet wide but just for general items, which i imagine most would have no trouble to pay in advance.

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I got that and thought it was specifically aimed at me because I had a slightly large package delivered to my parcel Wizard this morning.
      Still no notification from DPD though which has me slightly worried because Hermes were the courier and they are absolutely abysmal

Same, had a pc case delivered and it was well oversize, got that email and thought it was just for me but looks like they left me off again :D:D

8. Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Sorry if a bit of a noob question. Just started using parcel wizard and got my first package delivered to their depot today.

Should I receive and email or text from them to say they have it or am I worrying for nothing? I haven't got anything from them yet but amazon have advised they delivered it. Again sorry for the question on the phone app and can't search the forum. Tried looking on their website also but had no joy trying to get an answer there.

I can see they email/text you when they plan to deliver it so maybe I should be more patient.

9. Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Today is Saturday so even if they accepted the delivery today they won't deal with it until Monday. You should get a text and an email on Monday and the parcel delivered to you on Tuesday.

10. Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Today is Saturday so even if they accepted the delivery today they won't deal with it until Monday. You should get a text and an email on Monday and the parcel delivered to you on Tuesday.

OK cool. I assumed if they accepted it today id get confirmation also.

11. Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Lenny17123 wrote: »
      OK cool. I assumed if they accepted it today id get confirmation also.

Yeah once scanned in you'll get notified and then you'll get notified the morning of the delivery roughly what time it'll be delivered.

12. Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Yeah once scanned in you'll get notified and then you'll get notified the morning of the delivery roughly what time it'll be delivered.

Cheers, thank you.

13. Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Hopefully...

14. Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

So I was waiting for delivery of the Google Nest Hub today, and instead I received a small padded envelope with a piece of jewellery.

I am not a happy camper, they better get that nest hub back to me.

15. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone receiving any items from black friday sales, ive few from ebay, and royal tracking shows not even moved so can guess that PW would be backlogged as well adding to further delays this time of year :confused::(

also not PW related question but got couple items via amazon and it says they are using :Your item(s) is (are) being sent by IPARCEL_IE_EXPRESS

never heard of the company is it an post related or just someone new ?

16. Advertisement
    17. Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
      Unregistered Users

18. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

joujoujou wrote: »

not expensive item but been already made delayed day later then was expected, if anything to go by probably should expect some extended delays and just get lucky or back onto amazon if they fail.

19. Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
      So I was waiting for delivery of the Google Nest Hub today, and instead I received a small padded envelope with a piece of jewellery.

I am not a happy camper, they better get that nest hub back to me.

This was sorted today thanks to the person who received my package and thanks to DPD. .

For anyone else stuck in the same predicament I peeled off the sticker to reveal the original address label on that person's package I received and gave their name and PMID to DPD, which probably helped a lot.

DPD added a free stay to my account also.

Faith in humanity restored!

20. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yes they do put sticker on original, and good for you, ive just rcvd message that one of the parcels will be delivered 2morrow, so all seems good, thought might be next week after black Friday but seems its moving along.

21. Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone know how long you have to collect a parcel that was delivered to my parcel wizard location? I got something delivered Saturday but I have been dying sick and havnt had an opportunity to collect yet.

22. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hogzy wrote: »
      Anyone know how long you have to collect a parcel that was delivered to my parcel wizard location? I got something delivered Saturday but I have been dying sick and havnt had an opportunity to collect yet.
      think around 5 days or a week, once didnt have code provided, but still collected they were emailing me daily for 3-4 days, until told it was collected so plenty of time.

23. Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

<Snip>
      Yep...I went through the same thing with them. I no longer use parcel wizard.

24. Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

3 weeks waiting on an xmas gift for my daughter, no update since "we received your order details but have not received your order yet"

Rang them and they said its in Manchester rang Manchester DPD they know nothing about it, neither do my local DPD.

25. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Had 100s of items delivered without issue since the service started but Xmas gift for my son which Amazon shows as delivered last Tuesday has not shown up on the system yet.
      I had a similar issue a few weeks ago with another Amazon item which Amazon were washing their hands of because it was delivered through a third party. Eventually Amazon caved after I said it must have been delivered to Parcel Motel. They sent me a replacement.
      Said item turned about a week later so I ended up with two.
      Hopefully my sons gift will turn up but the last few incidents would put me off using Parcel Wizard as you have little comeback from Amazon if it goes missing and Parcel Wizard want consignment numbers which Amazon don’t have or use.

26. Advertisement
    27. Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

I'm guessing if I ordered someting onamazon through PM delivery. There is no chance of receiving it before christmas day.

Advertisement