Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

to be fair their service after new year went to $hit, had parcel go missing - dpd dont care if you dont have their track where or who signs, this week item signed on mon, tuesday got message for next day delivery and afterwards 3 delays put in and no show, support is useless imagine corona crap is slowing down everything, but way they handle stuff i dont see point in using them anymore, an post would gotten 5 times faster, as they have had delays, issues for months now, if getting something expensive better opt for an post at least they will deliver - PW seems back to focusing on making cash on dpd business services. as parcel wizard has gone to being useless.

i was onto DPD yesterday as my package is sitting in depo and not a bother on them to deliver, after being jerked off for a week, was told that due to virus etc- its closed, total lie, as asked around other businesses who use them and sure enough they are operational, so no chance depo would be closed for two regions where i am. Then another big issue where originally pickup location is spoke there and they said they dont take deliveries anymore from them- actually been quite like that nor dont think they ever dealth with them before, and even at that they got place address completely wrong on their pickup location which turns to be some house in esate close to it.

so well over week in delay and cant even change it to be delivered to my house as imagine this will play out to be not at home type of crap, or left somewhere else. so many wrongs its unbelievable, and only support single person on chat that waffles same different story each day, hate being in such limbo, but def not worth using them in coming months at least from my perspective as they simply dont care about parcel wizard side, and imagine its all dpd business focused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting on deliveries at the moment?

Had something delivered by DPD to my Virtiual Address and signed by "Passport Gateway" on Monday the 16th and havent had an email or text or anything to say they received it.

Just trying to figure out if its is it due to the slow down with the corona virus , or if my PWID was not wrote down.

Thanks!

Has it been delivered yet ? In the same boat, as i am sure many others !

If not, did you look for a refund from Amazon ?

oleras wrote: »

likewise parcel being held for over 2 weeks now, got email to confirm my eircode and ph number from the depo- a bit strange but otherwise no sign of even attempting to deliver :cool: amazon might be tricky as it will show as signed etc, so one would have to dispute that its courier that's at fault.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If its delivered by the Amazon delivery company, why would they issue a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

Got an email today with an apology for the delay saying they found it in the unidentified section due to a missing pmid on the address label.

I emailed / notified them on the 20th right after my last post in this thread so looks like missing pmids will take longer to process than usual.

Since it was delivered to the virtual address successfully you wouldn't be entitled to a refund. Sometimes Amazon would refund regardless but they're don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

whiterebel wrote: »
    If its delivered by the Amazon delivery company, why would they issue a refund?

Haven't a clue, I just asked did he look for a refund.

Edit...you are a mod of this forum ? why would you recommend this advice ?

Maybe dont be so quick to judge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

2 different unrelated situations on 2 different forums. The question here is valid. If you have a problem with a post on another forum report it to their mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Experiencing a bit of a delay with PW, I had goods delivered on Monday and still not delivered, no message from PW either. Had another parcel delivered to PW on the 11/3, only received it on Wednesday of this week.

It used to be a case that PW were faster for delivering Amazon than An Post, now it’s the opposite.

I’ll be avoiding Parcel Wizard for future deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

same experience as other posters. no update on items delivered yesterday. no info on the site or social media.
    will hope that they show up quickly but a general update would be helfpul.

i feel like i know the corona virus strategy of almost every other company that has ever got a hold of my email at this stage

• Advertisement

just over 2 weeks waiting and nothing happenes tried every support i could find to deliver to home etc, change the lable from different pickup spot to home delivery but each day comes up as held in depo.

At this point think its either lost or simply they cant bother to do home deliveries, not rocket science given they message all the time to give time frame and drop parcel at the door. As given circumstances where roads towns are empty it shouldn't take much to get any backlog out, yet seems they cant cope with it :confused:

never-mind mine took just shy of over 2 weeks to be delivered, seems last step finally worked got in touch with dpd, asked them to replace label on mine to home delivery, where before i just confimed my addy etc but seems no one bothered to stick actually new label on nor did i copped on to ask, as each department seems operate differently, they did that while i was on chat and got to ring into depo to get it sorted. Seems my issue was choosing wrong pickup location - not even correct details on their website for pickup location, but given that most places had almost stalled for any such deliveries can imagine why it would been left sitting, even thou dpd informs to change address to your home location, found that one actually needs to call em to re-schedule and get issued new label, as otherwise it could sit for weeks, if one doesn't chase it up. hope it helps those that have their dpd tracking but no delivery attempt is made.

"my deliveries" was showing blank until last night, one item that arrived on saturday showed up yesterday evening and is out for delivery today.
    1 more item, delivered on monday, is not showing up yet.

all in, its actually quite quick, would have preferred a note on the site saying processing is delayed by 72hrs or something but its not the same issue as others have reported which i am thankful for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

One item I ordered original carrier's tracking said delivered to PW today morning. Wonder when it'll appear on my account. Will keep you updated. :)

i was looking to get some vape juice with all places closed seems many using dpd as main delivery courier not to mention whatever business contracts they might gotten from likes of hse, so could imagine theres a bit of backlog and surge in parcels they have to deal with, they were great many times, but given how many notifications they post as useless often, doubt it would be very hard to let people know that deliveries experience 2-3 days delays at least and that all of them should be direct to home, simple sms message or email to customers as courtesy, as seems every company notified people about every tit and tat but pw just have some info on the site, which doesn't really reassure much, none the less its better late then never i guess- as seems not a great time for any orders from anywhere at this time.

Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    One item I ordered original carrier's tracking said delivered to PW today morning. Wonder when it'll appear on my account. Will keep you updated. :)
    On my account last night, delivered an hour ago. :)

the item that was due for delivery yesterday, arrived today.
    but it was the item that landed on monday! it also seems that amazon split it into multples, so only 1 item of 3 arrived.
    2 others not located yet.

the item that arrived on saturday has still not been added. i think the ebay seller may have left off the PW ID

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

I am using them again but may not last. I cant find any opening hours on website, rang before 6pm but gave up. A parcel was signed by them yesterday at 10.25am and I expected it today but no show. When I check deliveries it shows a date 1 April and delivery for 3 April, with the phrase in transit and when I clcik arrow I get a drop down and an amount of €3.85 against it but I have money left in my account!! Its a heavy item ie 16kg not sure of box size but its within limits. Does anyone knowwhy its shows €3.85 against it .

I waited all day so don't want same tomorrow.

Help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

@siteowner, I have been going through the FAQ and it mentions your little problem this is it.

"Yes, provided that your primary contact phone number or email address has been included in your delivery information. If they are there, we'll know you're a Parcel Wizard Club member and your delivery preferences will be adhered to."

swoofer wrote: »
    I am using them again but may not last. I cant find any opening hours on website, rang before 6pm but gave up. A parcel was signed by them yesterday at 10.25am and I expected it today but no show. When I check deliveries it shows a date 1 April and delivery for 3 April, with the phrase in transit and when I clcik arrow I get a drop down and an amount of €3.85 against it but I have money left in my account!! Its a heavy item ie 16kg not sure of box size but its within limits. Does anyone knowwhy its shows €3.85 against it .

I waited all day so don't want same tomorrow.

Help

found them sort of helpfull depends who you land on, https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat give your name tracking number, dont take words like it will be delivered make sure they have all details correct explain item might be larger etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Katie16

Hi

Has anyone any experience of my issue below or alternatively any advice?

Purchased a roof rack for a car from ebay to be delivered to parcel wizard. Cost of item was 173e. Delivered and signed for by dpd parcel wizard on 25/02/2020. Item was never sent to me. I followed up with parcel wizard who told me first that they hadn't received it. Then stated that they had it but the labelling was missing and that they would send it to me.

They sent me somebody else's package and closed off my query. I then reopened my query and they told me they didn't have it and couldn't find it. They then arranged pick up of the incorrect package.

They then said they would pay for the part using their insurance. I have today received 100e from the insurance and they are refusing to pay me the delivery charge and the additional 73euro.

My point to them is that if they will only pay out 100e in a claim then the packages they are accepting shouldn't have a value of anymore than 100e. I find it extremely hard to believe that they could "mislay" a roof rack for a car.

Thoughts please.

Unregistered Users

DPD's T&C:

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

Subject to these conditions, our liability to you for any loss or damage shall be limited to the following amounts:-

The replacement value of any goods or merchandise comprising all or part of the Consignment which are stolen, lost or damaged; OR
    EUR €100 (one hundred euro) in respect of the whole Consignment,

whichever shall be the least, save that where applicable consumer protection law requires payment by us of a greater amount, our liability shall be limited to such greater amount.

Any claim made must be supported by such evidence of the value of the goods lost or damaged as we may require.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Katie16

@joujoujou. yes that's the terms and conditions but under the sale of services act, a consumer has many rights and should not be at a financial loss due to poor service from a provider. I had a contract with dpd which they have failed to carry out.

Unregistered Users

Signing in to that contract you agreed to their terms and conditions. I also think their T&Cs are unfair, so personally avoid anything of higher value through them.

But good point about the act you mentioned, however court would be the only option, I'd say.

Having worked in the area for years, transport companies/couriers see themselves as movers of cargo only. Insurance isn't up to them, and most will point to Standard Trading conditions, usually limiting them to €800 per tonne, or in DPD's case €100 per shipment. To go to court, you would normally have to prove negligence on their part, and that is very difficult. You would have to prove that it was packaged correctly, that it was labelled correctly etc. This is pretty difficult to do, that's why companies who deal in import/export take out their own insurance rather than rely on going after the transport company. A judge may take a very dim view of extra insurance being offered, but not taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Parcel motel offer insurance for higher value items at an extra cost I'm surprised PW didn't do the same. You can't be expecting them them to provide unlimited cover at a price point of €3.85

i can see the frustation, but you got 100e back better then nothing really, PW has been all over the place since covid start, many late deliveries and huge delays. your down 70e but as pointed with terms and conditions in place its about as good as you can get it,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

YOu could try and find where yours was sent, or if the ebay seller actually sent a roofrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Is there a delay with Parcelwizard atm? Couldn't find much online. Ordered a few bits to them from uk last week as I need them here by friday. Everything's arrived since yesterday, but I've gotten no text/email or anything. Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Umekichi wrote: »
    Is there a delay with Parcelwizard atm? Couldn't find much online. Ordered a few bits to them from uk last week as I need them here by friday. Everything's arrived since yesterday, but I've gotten no text/email or anything. Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same?

According to a site I use there’s a 1-2 day delay because they’re so busy

Advertisement