Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Umekichi wrote: »
    Is there a delay with Parcelwizard atm? Couldn't find much online. Ordered a few bits to them from uk last week as I need them here by friday. Everything's arrived since yesterday, but I've gotten no text/email or anything. Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same?

My delivery was sent out on the 8th from UK, no word from parcel wizard, payment still in account take it they don't have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My delivery was sent out on the 8th from UK, no word from parcel wizard, payment still in account take it they don't have it yet.
    i would seriously check the tracking for status of parcel at this stage week from UK seems like a hell lot of time, as usually it used to be 1-2 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

is it still regular collection from a pick up point or are they only doing home deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

parcels are taking ages to get from UK mainland to NI.
    from PW depot to home delivery is taking 1 extra day to me

oreo47 wrote: »
    is it still regular collection from a pick up point or are they only doing home deliveries?
    think only home deliveries, thou not 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Dpd signed for my package on Tuesday, confirmed the name of the signee was one of their staff members. Now I never got any text or email.
    I've called and emailed with no response. Dpd said they can't locate it.
    Has anyone had this happen them? Package was €100. Will be using parcel motel next time with insurance. Silly me

Dpd signed for my package on Tuesday, confirmed the name of the signee was one of their staff members. Now I never got any text or email.
    I've called and emailed with no response. Dpd said they can't locate it.
    Has anyone had this happen them? Package was €100. Will be using parcel motel next time with insurance. Silly me
    dpd doesnt care about any tracking you provide, if if not assigned dpd number it might as well not exist for them, sad but true.

Mod: <Snip> Unfair allegations to make with no proof. It happens a lot that parcels get crossed over between PM and PW and it takes weeks to get sorted out. Plenty of examples of this in both threads.

only way i see if its not on system by next week, to get NI number for the depo and try to get someone there, as dpd ireland only operates on basis when parcel is actually in their system and they dont have direct connect with North, as been told in the past take it up with UK dpd :cool:

scamalert wrote: »
    dpd doesnt care about any tracking you provide, if if not assigned dpd number it might as well not exist for them, sad but true.

Mod:<Snip>

only way i see if its not on system by next week, to get NI number for the depo and try to get someone there, as dpd ireland only operates on basis when parcel is actually in their system and they dont have direct connect with North, as been told in the past take it up with UK dpd :cool:

You're right once it's not matched to an account they don't seem arsed. I've been ringing the parcel wizard helpline who are useless and just tell me to email in so they can ignore they email.

Edit I got through to a helpful staff member there who is going to flag it with the depot and says there does seem to be a backlog at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

2 of my parcels have been processed and are due tomorrow. Hopefully the time sensitive parcel is one of them! I actually don't care when I get the rest as long as that one comes.

Hi I probably jumped the gun with my giving out. My package was signed for Tues morning. After speaking to the helpful rep in parcel wizard today she forwarded my proof of delivery to the depot in antrim and I have just got the notification in the last half hour that my package has been matched to my account.
    She did say that they have a huge backlog there so anyone waiting on packages may not hear for a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hit the depot on fri and out for delivery this morning :D It really is down to your local depot imo

i know someone asked this question but do they still deliver to pickup locations or is it only home deliveries from now on, given covid plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had two parcels arrive into Belfast last week, money deducted for them, one arrived at my collection point the next day and the other is showing as "in transit" ever since.

Emailed the local depot who said they had it there and to "leave it with them" that was on the 16th and haven't heard diddly squat since.

Emailed them this morning and nothing back.

I wouldn't mind only I would be on first name terms with the staff in my local depot from years of using them as my own courier, but they must be under serious pressure at the minute.

I don't know if parcel motel is any better right now?

Another package of mine is due in to the UK virtual address today, I'm hoping I don't have similar problems with this one too.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Had two parcels arrive into Belfast last week, money deducted for them, one arrived at my collection point the next day and the other is showing as "in transit" ever since.

Emailed the local depot who said they had it there and to "leave it with them" that was on the 16th and haven't heard diddly squat since.

I wouldn't mind only I would be on first name terms with the staff in my local depot from years of using them as my own courier, but they must be under serious pressure at the minute.

Another package of mine is due in to the UK virtual address today, I'm hoping I don't have similar problems with this one too.
    well if you have reference number for one delayed, use https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat its live chat for dpd, depends who you get on it, but worked out for me eventually, should be faster to sort then email.

scamalert wrote: »
    well if you have reference number for one delayed, use https://livechat.dpd.ie/dpd/chat3/chat its live chat for dpd, depends who you get on it, but worked out for me eventually, should be faster to sort then email.

Worth a shot cheers scamalert

Message from DPD at last ,will be delivered tomorrow, slow delivery from UK rather then DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

Message from DPD at last ,will be delivered tomorrow, slow delivery from UK rather then DPD.

Royal Mail 48 is more like Royal Mail 96 to NI at the moment. Packages seem to be getting here quicker than NI with Royal Mail.

Hermes are much faster in my experience recently.

VG31 wrote: »
    Royal Mail 48 is more like Royal Mail 96 to NI at the moment. Packages seem to be getting here quicker than NI with Royal Mail.

Hermes are much faster in my experience recently.

Bought something on eBay from a seller in Manchester who used Hermes as his courier - it was an "Easter bunny present" for one of my kids, paid for it the Saturday week before Easter - Hermes didn't get it into Parcel Wizard hub until the Tues of Easter week, so 9 days later.

Not to give out too much but it seems they're all under pressure atm. I'm waiting on stuff for a job I'm doing in work coming from Poland, seems like it's on the slow boat from China.

Has to go from Poland - Germany - Bolton - Dublin

I'll be lucky if the customer doesn't cancel by the time it gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Parcel motel is just as slow for me at the moment but could be congestion at the motel. Id' say with lockdown and people waiting 3 weeks for a delivery slot for groceries people are probably ordering all sort of mundane essentials they would never normally.

Didn't get parcel today anyway.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

Just to follow up on this one, that parcel that went AWOL was delivered to my pick-up point in blessington last night (about 1930)

Two arrived into the hub in Newtonabbey yesterday and they arrived to my home address today at the usual time in the normal 24hr delivery fashion I was always used to.

They have totally redeemed themselves in my eyes, and now I've probably went and jinxed myself.

Delivered today ,so not to bad considering how busy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kajzer

Waiting for a package in with a couple of books which would be handy for the quarantine, been sitting at the Depot in Athlone since Sunday, surely it should arrive to Cork at this stage? Should I be getting worried?

Edit: it's just been updated to out for delivery, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭sector_000

Anyone have HUGE delays with Parcel Wizard these days?
    Amazon delivered to my Virtual UK address at Parcel Wizard in Belfast on April 17th.....not a peep from Parcel Wizard / DPD.
    No text, no email, nothing.
    Tried the Parcel Wiz customer line at 0906 480247 - waited on hold for 20~30 mins - gave up.
    Used the "contact us" email.... no response whatsoever.

What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not huge, but delays and disruptions in information flow.

Usually email + text and item logged in my account same day when delivered to PW in Antrim.

Next working day - email + text "out for delivery" and item delivered to my home address later same day.

Got one this week:

Day One - email and text etc. as above.

Day Two - nothing.

Day Three - DPD driver (same as always) arrived and handed a parcel over. No email, no text.

Item still in my account and still being "in transit".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

Very long delays. I had something delivered over a week ago to PW. Still no confirmation that they have even received it. Another item delivered Monday, again no confirmation.

They're all busy but other couriers seem to be handling this period better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

How accurate are DPD delivery windows with how busy they are these days?

They are reliable at Christmas. Are they busier than that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I had a parcel ordered from Germany on the 26th, it got to the UK pretty quickly but then sat there in Leicestershire for days without any update.
    On the 6th I got an email from the seller that the package had arrived back in Germany due to delivery failure, despite it ever making it to Ireland and no phonecall or email.

Now I'm stuck in limbo while they seller fights with DPD. It never made it onto DPD.ie, I could only see (limited!) info on dpd.de.

Whole thing very annoying.

Anyone else had similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

1 day delay for me in Dublin with one coming this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

GreeBo wrote: »
    I had a parcel ordered from Germany on the 26th, it got to the UK pretty quickly but then sat there in Leicestershire for days without any update.
    On the 6th I got an email from the seller that the package had arrived back in Germany due to delivery failure, despite it ever making it to Ireland and no phonecall or email.

Now I'm stuck in limbo while they seller fights with DPD. It never made it onto DPD.ie, I could only see (limited!) info on dpd.de.

Whole thing very annoying.

Anyone else had similar?

I’m expecting a parcel from the UK and the email with the tracking number leads to the DPD UK website that shows all the pick up, UK hubway, Athlone and the local depot and that it is out for delivery.

I use the tracking number on the Irish site and it shows only “order data received” and out for delivery.

The Irish tracking is usually bare in the details but they ALWAYS send email/texts when it it is on the van for delivery.

And I believe that DPD will always schedule a second delivery if they can’t deliver.

So I doubt your parcel got all the way to your door and was sent back.

Advertisement