Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

First order with Parcel Wizard worked perfectly. Told it would arrive between 1.30-2.20 pm. Arrived at 2 pm. Will definitely use again

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    No, there is a DPD depot in Carrickfergus too. The DPD employee who took my call asked for all the details so they could see if it was delivered there.

Yodel share the blame, of course, but DPD washed their hands of it there and then, and it's for that reason they can jog on. Never mind Yodel.

EDIT: I should add, I did contact Yodel, who confirmed it was delivered to a commercial DPD address (even if it was Carrickfergus and not Mallusk).

Cheers, I get it now. Carrickfergus DPD shouldn't have accepted it unless they could ensure it would be safely transferred to Mallusk.

I haven't tried PW yet and, based on feedback so far, when I do it will only be for low-value items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Quackster wrote: »
    Cheers, I get it now. Carrickfergus DPD shouldn't have accepted it unless they could ensure it would be safely transferred to Mallusk.

Yep, that's the deal right there. Thankfully Amazon didn't quibble and a replacement order is coming to me directly to Ireland (it's not really something that needs highlighting but for the purposes of this 'complaint' I'll denote the parcel was a high value item).

Just the sheer audacity to say in no uncertain terms 'good luck' and deal with it was enough to put me off for good. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I queried yesterday why they signed for my parcel in MY NAME and left it with a neighbour and they never replied. Free or not, I'm not using the service again. I don't expect Parcel Motel to leave it in the shop next to the locker because it suited them and Parcel Wizard shouldn't make assumptions about my deliveries either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lena_mw

Can you tell me if i can still order using Parcel Wizard if the shop i will be buying from require the signature??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Berty wrote: »
    I queried yesterday why they signed for my parcel in MY NAME and left it with a neighbour and they never replied. Free or not, I'm not using the service again. I don't expect Parcel Motel to leave it in the shop next to the locker because it suited them and Parcel Wizard shouldn't make assumptions about my deliveries either.

Not only DPD to be fair. DHL delivered to my house when I wasn't in and left it there. They then emailed me proof of delivery with my faked signature on it!! Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just off the phone with them.
    There have been issues with RoyalMail delivering parcels to ParcelMotel's depot instead of DPD's.
    The postman looks at the PWxxxxx number and just assumes its ParcelMotel I'm guessing.

I've had three parcels delivered so far by them and all were on-time.

No, there is a DPD depot in Carrickfergus too. The DPD employee who took my call asked for all the details so they could see if it was delivered there.

Yodel share the blame, of course, but DPD washed their hands of it there and then, and it's for that reason they can jog on. Never mind Yodel.

EDIT: I should add, I did contact Yodel, who confirmed it was delivered to a commercial DPD address (even if it was Carrickfergus and not Mallusk).

I was just told by DPD they do not have a depot in Carrickfergus, so don't know how it got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Good service by them on my end, Parcel delivered today, Should have had another one today but got delayed by Royal Mail's end but DPD got it today, Amazon extended my Prime trial by a month as a result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Techmaster wrote: »
    Just off the phone with them.
    There have been issues with RoyalMail delivering parcels to ParcelMotel's depot instead of DPD's.

They just told me the same thing.
    My parcel still hasn't shown up even though Amazon recorded it as delivered on Friday morning.

PW didn't respond or acknowledge my email queries since Friday but I got them on the phone handy enough today.

They aren't exactly proactive about resolving the problem either.

I know it is not their fault if the postman can't read the address but surely the confusion with ParcelMotel was a foreseeable issue that could have been considered at the outset. For example by not using an almost identical ID format to PM especially when they are located so close together?

Also, as it is a known issue now, it wouldn't hurt for them to nip across the road to their buddies in PM and see if there is a bunch of their parcels waiting for them.

I'm sure it will all sort itself out in the coming weeks and I know some have had a smooth experience. But to me they are coming across as a bit amateurish so far....

Anyway good ol' Amazon sent out a replacement almost immediately when I told them what happened.
    They were a bit too efficient actually and before I could intervene they had already sent it to PW again...oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

They just told me the same thing.
    I know it is not their fault if the postman can't read the address but surely the confusion with ParcelMotel was a foreseeable issue that could have been considered at the outset. For example by not using an almost identical ID format to PM especially when they are located so close together?

Also, as it is a known issue now, it wouldn't hurt for them to nip across the road to their buddies in PM and see if there is a bunch of their parcels waiting for them.

Parcel Motel have turned the lights off and aren't answering their phones, while they wait for the Parcel Wizard guy to leave their front porch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I've had a few Royal mail deliveries reach Parcel Wizard no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

How in gods name do u change the delivery address using the wizard?

How in gods name do u change the delivery address using the wizard?

Both the account section and address book section allow you to edit and add addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Techmaster wrote: »
    Both the account section and address book section allow you to edit and add addresses.

Yes I have two addresses in my address book, but when I want to change the delivery address for a future delivery it doesn't give me an option to change from home address to my work address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Yes I have two addresses in my address book, but when I want to change the delivery address for a future delivery it doesn't give me an option to change from home address to my work address

You have to mark it in the calendar that you want it delivered to another address.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

5star02707 wrote: »

Yeah can someone confirm if they have a mainland depot that can be used?

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Yeah can someone confirm if they have a mainland depot that can be used?

No just the one in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

2 deliveries in and happy

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Anyone know what they do about oversized parcels? I just got a 48" TV sent to Parcel Wizard from Amazon.

Parcel Motel usually charge you a fee which I'm fine with (and give you the option of home delivery); but Parcel Wizard don't mention this as an option in their FAQ - they only state a max size. So what will happen my TV when it arrives at their UK depot?

Did you get your TV yet Kenny Bania?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

thecivvie wrote: »
    2 deliveries in and happy

Just got a text to say my next parcel will be delivered tomorrow! Happy days :D

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi All,

Ciara from DPD Parcel Wizard here! Sorry we were not able to reply directly to you until now. Do feel free to send us your queries and comments. We would love to get some feedback on our new service!

Hi All,

Ciara from DPD Parcel Wizard here! Sorry we were not able to reply directly to you until now. Do feel free to send us your queries and comments. We would love to get some feedback on our new service!

Hi Ciara, Can you tell us what is the story for pricing of delivery of oversized packages using Parcel Wizard?

I should add, I did contact Yodel, who confirmed it was delivered to a commercial DPD address (even if it was Carrickfergus and not Mallusk).

Hi STG.Otaku,

I'm afraid we don't have a depot in Carrickfergus, but if you forward us your Parcel Wizard ID we'll be able to look into this one for you.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Only wrote: »
    Hi Ciara, Can you tell us what is the story for pricing of delivery of oversized packages using Parcel Wizard?

Hi Only,

It depends on the size and weight of each consignment, however, given the fact that we don't have to fit parcels into lockers we can be a lot more flexible :)

Hi Ciara, When would we know when our first 3 free deliveries are up and how is payment arranged?

I know it is not their fault if the postman can't read the address ....

Hi Laphroaig52,

Let us know if you haven't received your parcel yet, in order to check it out for you.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Hi Ciara, When would we know when our first 3 free deliveries are up and how is payment arranged?

Hi there,

Once your 3 free deliveries are up and we have a consignment waiting for you in our UK Virtual address, we will email you with your payment options.

• Advertisement

Hi Only,

It depends on the size and weight of each consignment, however, given the fact that we don't have to fit parcels into lockers we can be a lot more flexible :)

Can you give us some example guidelines?

Advertisement