Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

dunno how this works but seems most of delays are within Ireland.

ordered couple items one in Ireland, which supposed to be sent out today- so hoping will get it Monday. had item posted from uk, 2 days before it got to PW in NI, signed and txt next day delivery, yet today not a peep about delivery. so while it traveled fast trough UK,Ni seems congestion is in the south depos.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I’m expecting a parcel from the UK and the email with the tracking number leads to the DPD UK website that shows all the pick up, UK hubway, Athlone and the local depot and that it is out for delivery.

I use the tracking number on the Irish site and it shows only “order data received” and out for delivery.

The Irish tracking is usually bare in the details but they ALWAYS send email/texts when it it is on the van for delivery.

And I believe that DPD will always schedule a second delivery if they can’t deliver.

So I doubt your parcel got all the way to your door and was sent back.

Yeah, I also dont believe it so raised the issue with the seller.

It never got anywhere other than the DPD.de website, couldnt find parcel or package number on UK.

DPD have told the seller that it will take 2 weeks to even get a response :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yeah, I also dont believe it so raised the issue with the seller.

It never got anywhere other than the DPD.de website, couldnt find parcel or package number on UK.

DPD have told the seller that it will take 2 weeks to even get a response :(

Can the seller not just send it to you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭sector_000

sector_000 wrote: »
    Anyone have HUGE delays with Parcel Wizard these days?
    Amazon delivered to my Virtual UK address at Parcel Wizard in Belfast on April 17th.....not a peep from Parcel Wizard / DPD.
    No text, no email, nothing.
    Tried the Parcel Wiz customer line at 0906 480247 - waited on hold for 20~30 mins - gave up.
    Used the "contact us" email.... no response whatsoever.

What should I do?

Finally got thru to PW DPD customer support after 42 mins on hold.

They wanted me to find out the name of their employee who received or signed for the delivery. I asked how that'd help & whether each person has a different system!

Next they asked what was in the parcel. I told them, but again I am confused - do they open every parcel and then process differently depending on contents?

We settled on that I would email them the Amazon order details & delivery confirmation. At this stage I am extremely pessimistic of any positive outcome. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

sector_000 wrote: »
    Finally got thru to PW DPD customer support after 42 mins on hold.

They wanted me to find out the name of their employee who received or signed for the delivery. I asked how that'd help & whether each person has a different system!

Next they asked what was in the parcel. I told them, but again I am confused - do they open every parcel and then process differently depending on contents?

We settled on that I would email them the Amazon order details & delivery confirmation. At this stage I am extremely pessimistic of any positive outcome. :(

I think if something is labelled incorrectly (eg. doesn't contain PW code) they open it and log it.

• Advertisement

ShedTower wrote: »
    Very long delays. I had something delivered over a week ago to PW. Still no confirmation that they have even received it. Another item delivered Monday, again no confirmation.

They're all busy but other couriers seem to be handling this period better.

I got on to live chat after this and it turns out the sender didn't put my PW number on the first item. So this delay wasn't DPD's fault. Which I'm glad to hear because I've found them brilliant for years.

well i had delivery that should of arrived yesterday, but looking at tracking it was still moving trough dpd network, but was nicely surprised to get it today. I know they dont usually do Saturdays and was even going to post asking yesterday if its possible, but seems they do deliver, which is nice touch, as given them some $hit previously totally unaccounted for, but id say with entire corona crap seems they have loads work but all in 4 days from Amazon,uk seems quite fast.

Also noticed parcel wrapped in black plastic, second time during pandemic, presume they take measures to repack some parcels for safety reasons :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I have a parcel with dpd for two weeks. No update on the tracking. No message to notify me of a delivery. It should have been with me last week but I know there is a pandemic and probably a lot of online shopping, they will be busy.

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from and they said to allow 8 working days for delivery. I don't know if they meant 8 working days from dispatch or 8 more days since last week. Whatever now, I'm now, day number 9 for delivery.

God, we'll all be fecked if the courier companies become covid clusters.

owlbethere wrote: »
    I have a parcel with dpd for two weeks. No update on the tracking. No message to notify me of a delivery. It should have been with me last week but I know there is a pandemic and probably a lot of online shopping, they will be busy.

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from and they said to allow 8 working days for delivery. I don't know if they meant 8 working days from dispatch or 8 more days since last week. Whatever now, I'm now, day number 9 for delivery.

God, we'll all be fecked if the courier companies become covid clusters.

Did you get notification from them that they have received it?

It does happen that senders leave out the PW code, as happened to me above and in the past. If you haven't received any notification from DPD definitely contact them and explain what the item is. They might then be able to pair it with you and your account.

Did you get notification from them that they have received it?

It does happen that senders leave out the PW code, as happened to me above and in the past. If you haven't received any notification from DPD definitely contact them and explain what the item is. They might then be able to pair it with you and your account.

Thanks for the reply. I probably posted in the wrong place. My parcel is with the dpd couriers but I didn't use PW. Is that parcel wizard.

My order has been sitting with dpd for about 2 weeks now. Surely the backlog isn't this much for them?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. I probably posted in the wrong place. My parcel is with the dpd couriers but I didn't use PW. Is that parcel wizard.

My order has been sitting with dpd for about 2 weeks now. Surely the backlog isn't this much for them?

No it's not. Get on to live chat or call them.

I presume you received a tracking number from the seller? You may need to contact the seller if the 8 days they stated are up. They might have more clout with DPD and it's up to them to make sure the item gets to you really.

No it's not. Get on to live chat or call them.

I presume you received a tracking number from the seller? You may need to contact the seller if the 8 days they stated are up. They might have more clout with DPD and it's up to them to make sure the item gets to you really.

Thanks I have a tracking number. Its with dpd since the 14th of April and no progress with delivery or updating the tracking.

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from but they don't have a phoneline. They have a contact form that I filled in but it wasn't responded to.

Thanks I have a tracking number. Its with dpd since the 14th of April and no progress with delivery or updating the tracking.

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from but they don't have a phoneline. They have a contact form that I filled in but it wasn't responded to.
    i posted link page or two back for live chat with dpd, fill in consignment number see whats the response. As dpd handle everything from parcel wizard to local and outside deliveries once you have their tracking. as items handed to dpd or PW still go to local depos, and with current situation imagine they could be overwhelmed, but 2 deliveries from last week, and 2-4 days one for UK and one from same town, to get delivered. so a bit hit and miss, as previously been stuck for good 2 weeks, just because pickup location wasn't accessible anymore and it created lots back and forth issues with PW to issue right label for home delivery, but eventually they found parcel, put correct label and delivered, its matter of who you get on the phone and how busy they are i guess.

scamalert wrote: »
    i posted link page or two back for live chat with dpd, fill in consignment number see whats the response. As dpd handle everything from parcel wizard to local and outside deliveries once you have their tracking. as items handed to dpd or PW still go to local depos, and with current situation imagine they could be overwhelmed, but 2 deliveries from last week, and 2-4 days one for UK and one from same town, to get delivered. so a bit hit and miss, as previously been stuck for good 2 weeks, just because pickup location wasn't accessible anymore and it created lots back and forth issues with PW to issue right label for home delivery, but eventually they found parcel, put correct label and delivered, its matter of who you get on the phone and how busy they are i guess.

There was no response from the dpd livechat. My order never came at all. Its been with the dpd for over two weeks now or 12 working days. The shop doesn't have a phone line just a contact form on their website. The first email said to allow 3 to 6 working days for delivery and contact them after the 6th day. I filled in the form and I got generic response to allow 3 to 8 working days for delivery because their delivery partners are busy. I'm at a dead end now because it appears as of its lost in the courier system.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

There was no response from the dpd livechat. My order never came at all. Its been with the dpd for over two weeks now or 12 working days. The shop doesn't have a phone line just a contact form on their website. The first email said to allow 3 to 6 working days for delivery and contact them after the 6th day. I filled in the form and I got generic response to allow 3 to 8 working days for delivery because their delivery partners are busy. I'm at a dead end now because it appears as of its lost in the courier system.

Might be looking at a similar issue myself. Amazon confirmed delivery to PW on Monday, but no acknowledgement from DPD that they've received it yet. They haven't even taken the credit from my account. I got through to live chat eventually yesterday (just keep trying and starting new sessions) and they seemed pretty helpful, but had no idea where my parcel was.

They said there "may" be a delay in processing but couldn't give me any more information. They've committed to updating me via email today but nothing yet. Getting nervous as it's a pretty expensive piece of kit I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I had another two parcels arrive to Newtonabbey on Mon which have yet to make their way to my local pickup point yet, I know they're in the hub now (Athlone) as I got a text/email last night to say they "would be delivered" but with no date for them so at least they left Belfast. Nothing today by way of text or email so wasn't expecting them.

Surely they should start thinking of doing 7 day weeks and late evenings to try and clear the backlogs?

I'm not suggesting this for selfish reasons, more from a business point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been on the phone on hold for 53 minutes now. Theres no way that there is that many people calling. I'm in need of my package within the next 3 hours. Very important I get it.
    Terrible terrible service. And tracking is a load of ****e
    Simply says it's going through dpd channel or some ****. It arrived at the depot last night at 12 oclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MacoSW

Been on the phone on hold for 53 minutes now. Theres no way that there is that many people calling. I'm in need of my package within the next 3 hours. Very important I get it.
    Simply says it's going through dpd channel or some ****. It arrived at the depot last night at 12 oclock.

Been waiting for an item with status "Held in the depot" for a week now, and also on hold on the phone for the past hour or so, sitting next to me on speaker...
    Just mentioning it to you so you can start planning some alternative to whatever you need your item for, as I don't think you'll get it given the circumstances.
    In my situation it was just a phone case that my wife ordered so it's not urgent, we can wait.
    Hadn't used them for like a year so I don't know if it's just now or their customer services has always been like this.

if it says its still going trough dpd network, then it hasnt even hit local distribution depo, at best depending on area you get it 2morrow, or Monday. Theres nothing guaranteed with PW nowadays, they move at their own pace it seems.

scamalert wrote: »
    if it says its still going trough dpd network, then it hasnt even hit local distribution depo, at best depending on area you get it 2morrow, or Monday. Theres nothing guaranteed with PW nowadays, they move at their own pace it seems.

I imagine they are going to lose an awful lot of cuastomers over their handling of this.

**This is not a rant, i understand that they are inundated right now btw**

I had two parcels arrive into Newtonabbey from Amazon on Mon, still not delivered here, i just know they are in the system some place, and of course they have the money deducted.

I have a customer based in Wicklow (between Blessington and Baltinglass) and he waited for 6 days for stuff he ordered from a workshop supply buisness in Tallaght.

Whatever about us using PW as residential customers, the guy i know above has been buying from that particular supplier for years, who have always used Interlink > DPD, Businesses won't put up with that kind of service for long.

In my work, i can order fairly large and heavy pallets from the North or Britain and they are usually in our premises next morning pre 9am without fail. We had a courier company subbing and occasionally they werent getting in to us until after 4pm some days, so we had to switch, and thats where DPD need to be careful imo.

I will repeat myself however, that if they have not plans already made to start doing late evenings (say up to 9pm)and include Saturday and Sunday deliveries, they need to seriously look at it.

The backlogs wont magic themselves away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 MacoSW

McMurphy wrote: »
    I imagine they are going to lose an awful lot of cuastomers over their handling of this.

They totally will. What they are doing is even suspicious, like if they are about to close down or something, I don't know... because they don't communicate, nothing.
    I'd say 99% of us don't need the items urgently, but all one wants is to know what's going on. They can just put a message in their website or send an email informing that something happened and they are working on it and it would be fine, things happen.

No I don't think there's any danger of them going under, they're just completely inundated with people who, under lockdown are using online delivery services more and more but they utterly failed to step up to the challenge.

An Post has (in comparison) been outstanding tbh.

I've never used adresspal, though I am registered for it, so might have a little experiment in the coming days, 2 exactly the same items from Amazon, one with addresspal and one with PW and see which one arrives first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

They have temporarily lost me as a customer for the moment thanks to a heads up from this thread. I could have used them for a purchase with free UK shipping this week, but instead paid the international Royal Mail rate. The package was delivered to Mayo in 3 days.

All of the non Parcel Wizard DPD deliveries I've received in the past month have come without delay. Maybe I've just been lucky.

MacoSW wrote: »
    They totally will. What they are doing is even suspicious, like if they are about to close down or something, I don't know... because they don't communicate, nothing.
    I'd say 99% of us don't need the items urgently, but all one wants is to know what's going on. They can just put a message in their website or send an email informing that something happened and they are working on it and it would be fine, things happen.
    i went that route rambling and speculating on them weeks back when had to call em each day for couple weeks just to get parcel delivered.

If info to go on their website, more likely they have major contracts in place to take care of more important deliveries- medical essential,large retail etc, if not more in single deliveries netting thousands, then hassle over few quid, as operating PW at current cost probably doesn't split them at even, so some lose isnt major deal if looking entirely from business perspective where resources are diverted leaving PW skeleton crew. As its little to no income for them. seems crisis given large opportunities for some companies given unexpected times, but as any business goes, seems more like they have larger more profitable deals in place atm, then worry about customers who pay 3e+.

That said yes it would be nice to have at least clear info and more transparency, even increased cost would be justified, but seems this isnt something they are concerned with atm.

As for question would i use them sure, but id limit purchases well below 100 quid, and really wouldn't expect it to run smooth, as couple last week went in within days, but before that and seeing others now its clear that theres big hit and miss overall.

I've never used adresspal, though I am registered for it, so might have a little experiment in the coming days, 2 exactly the same items from Amazon, one with addresspal and one with PW and see which one arrives first.

Ok so this experiment has now been set up, I have ordered the exact same thing from Amazon on two separate orders, a minute or two apart.

One is destined for PW.
    The other is destined for Adresspal.

They are both scheduled to be delivered Monday 4th, so let's see which one I have my hands on first, and the time differences between them (assuming there are any)

I will keep the thread updated.

Ok so this experiment has now been set up, I have ordered the exact same thing from Amazon on two separate orders, a minute or two apart.

One is destined for PW.

They are both scheduled to be delivered Monday 4th, so let's see which one I have my hands on first, and the time differences between them (assuming there are any)

AddressPal is extremely slow. Usually close to a week after it has been delivered in the UK. Still useful for things that can only be delivered to mainland UK, though.

I've had decent service from Parcel Wizard of late. Most recent delivery arrived in the North on the 30th of April, and was with me the following day.

Basil3 wrote: »
    AddressPal is extremely slow. Usually close to a week after it has been delivered in the UK. Still useful for things that can only be delivered to mainland UK, though.

I've had decent service from Parcel Wizard of late. Most recent delivery arrived in the North on the 30th of April, and was with me the following day.

On top of this, had a pair of shoes delivered to the North yesterday afternoon, just made it to me now. Wasn't expecting them until Tuesday, really can't fault them atm.

The parcels I had delivered last Monday to Newtonabbey are out for delivery today here, so maybe they're actively working to clear the backlogs?

Mine took a week exactly from reaching Newtonabbey to being out for delivery. The irony here is that I'm pretty certain today was the original delivery date had I of just allowed Amazon to send it out normally, but I paid the extra to go through DPD to get it in a "couple of days":P

Was discussing this with a customer of mine yesterday, he runs a business close by that is owned by a parent company in the Midlands in the UK. He gets daily pallets from them on a 24hr basis......

So I have been given the ok to put the "FAO (his name)" and use the parent company in Leicestershire for the delivery. When it arrives there they plonk it into the pallet destined for Ireland the next morning.

Free shipping, next day. Happy out with that arrangement you need to think outside the box sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

PW's email notification regarding delivery has recently changed, more than likely to be up to current backlogs they're struggling with. Previously they said something like "we've got your parcel and we'll deliver it to you tomorrow". Got an email today and now it says: "it will be delivered to you in the next couple of days".

• Advertisement

One is destined for PW.

So results are in.

My wife just text me a photo of my parcel that was popped through the letterbox by the postman.

DPD text me on Tues night to say they've my other parcel. But I've yet to have it delivered.

If I get a text today informing me it's out for delivery I'll update the thread.

Addresspal is almost double the cost of parcel Wizard though? Did I do something wrong somewhere:confused:

Advertisement