Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

McMurphy wrote: »
    So results are in.

My wife just text me a photo of my parcel that was popped through the letterbox by the postman.

DPD text me on Tues night to say they've my other parcel. But I've yet to have it delivered.

If I get a text today informing me it's out for delivery I'll update the thread.

Addresspal is almost double the cost of parcel Wizard though? Did I do something wrong somewhere:confused:

Home delivery is more expensive. Delivery to an An Post office is around €4, but incredibly slow in my experience.

If I get a message from DPD, I have it next day without fail, regardless of the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've a parcel delayed with DPD for a few days. Anybody know how much of a backlog they have? This is the message on their web site...

"Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Basil3 wrote: »
    Home delivery is more expensive. Delivery to an An Post office is around €4, but incredibly slow in my experience.

If I get a message from DPD, I have it next day without fail, regardless of the current situation.

I think this comes down to pot luck based on your area tbh. My DPD experience used to be the same as yours, but it's now roughly a week give or take to reach my home from being received to Newtonabbey.

I'll pay the 4€ extra gladly if Adresspal are cutting that down by half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Spoke to DPD driver serving my area - he said on average he has about twice the amount of addresses to go to comparing to pre-lockdown times, so I'm not surprised there are delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Very annoyed with DPD atm. They delivered someone elses order, and have lost my amazon delivery. Amazon tracking shows it was delivered, PW are asking for proof of signature and Amazon don't have a copy of the signature as not all parcels need signatures. Honestly think i'm going to go to addresspal, as slow and expensive they are at least i'd be guaranteed my items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I haven't used parcel Wizard personally, however in the last week I had something delivered to AddressPal, it was bulky, cost €9.49 to get it here, I got a notice on Thurs last week it can take up to a week. An post delivered it to my door at 11 last Monday - a bank holiday. Well done an post with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭honda boi

Umekichi wrote: »
    Very annoyed with DPD atm. They delivered someone elses order, and have lost my amazon delivery. Amazon tracking shows it was delivered, PW are asking for proof of signature and Amazon don't have a copy of the signature as not all parcels need signatures. Honestly think i'm going to go to addresspal, as slow and expensive they are at least i'd be guaranteed my items.
    Exact same situation as yourself. Amazons package was delivered on Monday.
    DPD said they've no record of it and say they haven't received it. Amazon saying problem is on parcel wizards side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

JDxtra wrote: »
    I've a parcel delayed with DPD for a few days. Anybody know how much of a backlog they have? This is the message on their web site...

"Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day."

...my package just arrived, so all good. Not my usual DPD driver - hopefully he's OK, haven't actually seen his van around in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

honda boi wrote: »
    Exact same situation as yourself. Amazons package was delivered on Monday.
    DPD said they've no record of it and say they haven't received it. Amazon saying problem is on parcel wizards side.

I'm having the exact same problem. Ordered a 24 inch gaming monitor worth £200 from amazon. Delivered last Wednesday at 13:45 and dpd can't find it. I wonder do these delivery guys send it to parcel motel by mistake. I think they are in the same area.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm having the exact same problem. Ordered a 24 Sinch gaming monitor worth £200 from amazon. Delivered last Wednesday at 13:45 and dpd can't find it. I wonder do these delivery guys send it to parcel motel by mistake. I think they are in the same area.

Next door to each other. Its a regular occurence to have things delivered to the incorrect depot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Got an email from DPD earlier apologising for the delay. Up to 72hr delays in Cork yet, but the parcel hasn't even left Head Office.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Next door to each other. Its a regular occurence to have things delivered to the incorrect depot

Wonder if I should contact parcel motel and see if they got it. Maybe worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I seen a news article yesterday about DPD and their backlogs (I'll try and link to it if I can find it ) it had the CEO of DPD saying that they had a 10% increase in the parcel levels - but surely this is either a misprint or misquote?

Edit here it is in the Indo.
    The surge in demand for online shopping since the outbreak of the coronavirus in Ireland has seen volumes of parcels being delivered shoot up by about 10pc, higher even than the busiest periods for online shopping - Black Friday and Christmas. Consumers have little option but to buy what they need online as long as physical shops remain closed

A 10% increase should be barely noticeable tbh.

Meanwhile going back to my own test where I got the same parcel from Amazon sent to addresspal and Parcel Wizard, looking like another day here with no parcel from parcel wizard, meanwhile Adresspal stuff has been received and processed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

10% increase while most of the businesses are shut means a collossal increase in domestic deliveries which would largely be one package drops scattered far and wide.

Unregistered Users

Parcel delivered to PW in Mallusk on Saturday, appeared on my account on Monday, changed status to "out for delivery" today and delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I had hermes package collected UK 30th April, Delivered Parcel Wizard 5th May, Added to Account 6th of MAy, 7th May apologies email, Delivered 9th May.

Overall a lot better than Royal Mail and Parcel Motel has been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

So received 1 of my missing parcels friday, 1 is still missing and I have essentially been told hard luck as I was unable to get a signature from Amazon. I'll leave it a week and if it doesn't turn up I'll just reorder and get it delivered to my address. Managed to get the other persons package back to dpd and got a refund to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

DPD have a package belong to me about a week now tracking just says sorry due to high volume it is delayed,

How long can I expect to see this??

I got a couple of items from that over the last few weeks and the came straight to me,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Not having a great experience with DPD

Ordered a phone from buyitdirect.ie on 28th of April, got an sms and an email on Tuesday 5th saying its out for delivery today between 15:00 - 16:00

I received a call about 18:00 from a DPD driver stating he had a parcel for me but its in the wrong van and he only services the shillelagh area. So it had to back to the depot then into the correct van.

So after chasing it up for a few days, I got a reply from DPD stating the package is now in the correct van and will be with you on Monday 11th so today. But still haven't received any delivery text or email like I did last Tuesday.

Here's all the tracking nonsense for anyone who is interested..

Order data received from sender

Head Office

29/4/2020 at 8:59

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

02/5/2020 at 0:47

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

05/5/2020 at 21:28

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Dpd Wicklow

06/5/2020 at 9:31

We tried to deliver but we didn't have the correct address

Dpd Wicklow

06/5/2020 at 22:17

Awaiting delivery - you'll receive your 1 hr delivery text/email on the day of delivery

Dpd Wicklow

06/5/2020 at 22:39

Awaiting delivery - you'll receive your 1 hr delivery text/email on the day of delivery

Dpd Wicklow

07/5/2020 at 10:49

Dpd Wicklow

07/5/2020 at 19:42

Delivery of your parcel has been rescheduled

Dpd Wicklow

08/5/2020 at 10:52

Delivery of your parcel has been rescheduled

Dpd Wicklow

08/5/2020 at 10:52

Your parcel is ready for dispatch

Head Office

08/5/2020 at 10:54

Dpd Wicklow

08/5/2020 at 11:01

Dpd Wicklow

08/5/2020 at 20:39

Dpd Wicklow

11/5/2020 at 10:31

So they're going with the incorrect address story it seems, I did look into it and found my original purchase information to be 100% accurate, I found the information was still 100% when the retailer passed it to DPD UK, but when DPD UK passed it to DPD IRL they changed the address by removing two fields.. one been the eircode and replaced it with what looks like a UK postcode.

Since Friday I received 3 separate emails from DPD UK head office, DPD IRL depot in Wicklow and from the retailer that it will be delivered on Monday. I dread the thought of chasing this up more as I'm just burnt out from all the chasing I've done so far. I had hoped to avoid going down the refund route or chargeback route but its starting to look probable. I'd much rather get the damn phone and just move on.

Mines going OK so far after re ordering from amazon after they couldn't locate my package. Ordered gaming monitor on Friday and got a text saying it will be delivered tomorrow to my home address and tracking seems accurate so here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭eskerman

I have experienced the very same problem with DPD - unbelievable and so frustrating an I thought DPD were the so called market leaders hence that is why used them - I booked a delivery to Clonmel last Wed and I used a local drop off point for DPD - got my drop off receipt and email confirming it was now logged in the DPD system - that was last Wed and I advised the recipient and gave him tracking number, I expected the parcel to be collected Wed evening and delivered no later then Friday - and allowing for COVIC-19 delays I assumed it would be yesterday (Monday) I have been trying to contact DPD head office in Athlone since last Thursday - many times every day - I have send many emails to get a status update and nothing - the recipient was clearly getting concerned and I was getting myself wound up with lack of response from the courier - basically ignored. I decided to call to the drop off shop this morning and discovered my parcel was never collected - some bull**** excuse the was sick - thats whats the collection shop was told as other parcels were not collected - (not the shops fault as they couldn't contact DPD)

Its a very bad experience for me and I will never use DPD or any company connected to them again - the problem now is who can I use that will be reliable and will answer the phone or reply to customers emails.

I fully accept delays with COVIC however all it takes is good communication from a courier service to ease customers clear frustrations when they purchase a service in good faith

I will be insisting the recipient pays for insurance in case of loss or damage to a parcel which is clearly a high risk situation in the current climate

Question now is what courier service can I use that are reliable ? and will communicate with a customer

:mad:

Mod: moved from Fastway thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I'm in the same boat. Ordered on the 28th and got the message its delayed on the 6th.
    On hold to them now for the past 45 minutes. Anyone successfully get through to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

joujoujou wrote: »
    Parcel delivered to PW in Mallusk on Saturday, appeared on my account on Monday, changed status to "out for delivery" today and delivered today.

Same timeframe for me too though I was worried after the posts in this thread. Arrived in Newtonabbey on Sat the 9th and was in my account yesterday for delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭honda boi

"Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery".
    This is the status of my delivery since 9 am this morning. anyone know if that means it will be delivered today? Never got a time message tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

honda boi wrote: »
    "Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery".
    This is the status of my delivery since 9 am this morning. anyone know if that means it will be delivered today? Never got a time message tho.
    they rarely give time slot nowadays, but once says on the van for delivery good chance its out for delivery, thou sometimes it can change and be rescheduled for next day.

Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    Another one, slightly ;) different this time. Appeared on my account yesterday, out for delivery today, delivered today. And driver said they're still under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

My Package arrived today thankfully now if only the 2 that an Post have would land,

Has anyone used DPD to send anything lately I have a package to go to the UK it's too big for Parcel motel

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ordered an item from Smyths and was to be delivered by DPD...it's down as delivered but i haven't received it!

Has anyone managed to successfully contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Pacifico wrote: »
    Ordered an item from Smyths and was to be delivered by DPD...it's down as delivered but i haven't received it!

Has anyone managed to successfully contact them?

Nope, and ive tried several time via phone (held for about 45 minutes each time) chat which is a joke as you dont get transferred to an agent after you get past Barrybot and email.
    I spoke with a DPD delivery driver on the street who confirmed its a **** how at the depot right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Great! Yeah on hold to the Athlone number now for 45mins...local depot never answer.

Mod: <SNIP> Please don't jump to conclusions. It seems to be busier than Christmas at the moment, and all couriers re stretched to breaking.

Advertisement