Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Pacifico wrote: »
    Great! Yeah on hold to the Athlone number now for 45mins...local depot never answer.

Mod <SNIP> :(

I honestly think they arent answering at all. If they were a wait time of 45 minutes is unheard of for a customer facing business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Would you believe they answered after about 55 mins! Apparently they are using some external drivers who dont have scanners so the items are scanned (and marked as delivered?!) before they are put on the van for delivery.

Anyway hopefully it arrives today\tomorrow!

Would you believe they answered after about 55 mins! Apparently they are using some external drivers who dont have scanners so the items are scanned (and marked as delivered?!) before they are put on the van for delivery.

Anyway hopefully it arrives today\tomorrow!
    How long were you waiting for it to be delivered (Assuming it comes tomorrow)
    They've had my parcel since the 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

seannash wrote: »
    How long were you waiting for it to be delivered (Assuming it comes tomorrow)
    They've had my parcel since the 6th

Ah mine was only shipped on Monday...so not long. I was more worried that it was marked as delivered!!

Try the Athlone number again maybe? It was nearly an hour I was on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I had two packages delivered by Amazon on Sunday, one got scanned in Monday, and delivered Tuesday. The other however still hasn't shown up. A Third package was scanned yesterday and delivered today but the second package is still gone.

I called them and they said they will look for it, Amazon say it was marked as delivered (Unattended) due to Covid they can't get signatures.

So if this doesn't turn up am I out of luck or has anyone had a positive outcome for something like this happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

ASOT wrote: »
    I had two packages delivered by Amazon on Sunday, one got scanned in Monday, and delivered Tuesday. The other however still hasn't shown up. A Third package was scanned yesterday and delivered today but the second package is still gone.

I called them and they said they will look for it, Amazon say it was marked as delivered (Unattended) due to Covid they can't get signatures.

So if this doesn't turn up am I out of luck or has anyone had a positive outcome for something like this happening?

Amazon will probably cover it if you moan enough, make sure to check with neighbours.

Apparently they are using some external drivers who dont have scanners so the items are scanned (and marked as delivered?!)

One of the 'external drivers' they used in Cork last Christmas was going around in a seriously banged up skoda oktavia with his old doll running in and out of the houses in her slippers and velour pyjamas. They were so dodgy looking that one of my neighbours called the guards to report them snooping around houses :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone finding there are delays with Parcel Wizard?

My parcel was delivered to the depot in Mallusk on Tuesday morning, that night then I received a text from Parcel Wizard to say it would be delivered to my collection point in Dublin, status updated on Wednesday to say it was in transit however I have heard nothing since. its just been 'in transit' since Wednesday.

Iv used PW loads and looking back through the texts it has always taken 1-2 days tops from the point at which I get the text to say its on the way, to the point at which I get the text to say it is ready for collection.

Hogzy wrote: »

Yes, 2 days from delivery to PW before addition to PW account, 3 days from addition to account to Delivery (Cork) All delivery services innundated at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

My parcel was delivered to the depot in Mallusk on Tuesday morning, that night then I received a text from Parcel Wizard to say it would be delivered to my collection point in Dublin, status updated on Wednesday to say it was in transit however I have heard nothing since. its just been 'in transit' since Wednesday.

Iv used PW loads and looking back through the texts it has always taken 1-2 days tops from the point at which I get the text to say its on the way, to the point at which I get the text to say it is ready for collection.

Have a look back a couple of pages.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I sent 2 packages and dropped them into the local drop off point yesterday morning, They are still sitting there, I rang the shop and said the driver just didn't take them but took everything else,

I originally tried to give them to the local depo but the door was closed with a sign up saying no drop off's

I've rang both the depo and the hub in Athlone 50 times today and no answer

I'm current only line with someone who is just telling me what I want to hear,

Is this normal I usually use Parcel Motel to send items but 1 is too big and they other is going to Germany,

My heart is broke with Couriers at the moment there is no way they can be this busy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »

Just an update on this, DPD found it in the end and it was delivered today. A week after the other delivery but atleast it's not lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Got a notification for a DPD delivery for Friday. Said it would be with me between 14:56 and 15:56. Still hadn't arrived by 5pm. Checked the status and it showed as "Delivery was refused" which was blatantly untrue. Hate been home all day and nobody arrived or called me to attempt delivery.

Rang DPD. Girl on the phone said "driver just set that status to clear you from his scanner. He's still out in the area and will drop it off soon. He's a new driver just getting used to the scanner."

Still no sign of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The above sounds like the driver was overloaded and took the package home/back to depot with him, id expect it back out tomorrow. Similar has been happening to me recently, I've got a great local dpd guy but hadn't seen him up until a few days ago, he usually does my area himself but said things are so busy they have taken on a heap of staff and another 3 guys are also covering the area aswell as him.

He said the workload for him is more than double black friday/Christmas that its just crazy. I've had delays of a few days to a week with the parcel wizard stuff filtering down but greatfull none the less to be still getting stuff from the UK that can't be gotten locally

Definitely seems luck of the draw with where you live. I've had 6 deliveries in the last 2 weeks, all delivered the day after they arrived in the North except for one, which was delivered the day after.

Living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

5500 wrote: »
    The above sounds like the driver was overloaded and took the package home/back to depot with him, id expect it back out tomorrow. Similar has been happening to me recently, I've got a great local dpd guy but hadn't seen him up until a few days ago, he usually does my area himself but said things are so busy they have taken on a heap of staff and another 3 guys are also covering the area aswell as him.

He said the workload for him is more than double black friday/Christmas that its just crazy. I've had delays of a few days to a week with the parcel wizard stuff filtering down but greatfull none the less to be still getting stuff from the UK that can't be gotten locally

Yes, it's just been delivered now. Never had a Sunday delivery before so was surprised when he phoned to say he was nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ive item bought of amazon and upon checking seen it has been handed down to dpd here in Ire from UK, amazon site stated issues with courier contact dpd when checking tracking on site - a bit of a mess, but logging into PW account could actually see item listed and should be delivered tomorrow.

As never had dpd take over delivery from Amazon in Ireland, maybe type of item etc, but if its norm nowadays then can only imagine how much load they have to deal with everyday basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Got a notification for a DPD delivery for Friday. Said it would be with me between 14:56 and 15:56. Still hadn't arrived by 5pm. Checked the status and it showed as "Delivery was refused" which was blatantly untrue. Hate been home all day and nobody arrived or called me to attempt delivery.

Rang DPD. Girl on the phone said "driver just set that status to clear you from his scanner. He's still out in the area and will drop it off soon. He's a new driver just getting used to the scanner."

Still no sign of delivery.

Its a mess at the moment
    I have items marked as delivered on Thursday.
    Other items marked as 'incorrect phone number', which is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GERRYMAC32

I've two orders collected from a shop based in Dublin on 7th May and 11th May to deliver to North Dublin - both showing delayed due to high volumes...

Shop gets generic response - It's not fair on the shops who are relying on couriers to keep in business - no sense ordering anything delivered by DPD and you live near Dublin North East until they clear the backlog.

I wonder what state the packages would be in...!? if they ever appear at all.

GERRYMAC32 wrote: »
    I've two orders collected from a shop based in Dublin on 7th May and 11th May to deliver to North Dublin - both showing delayed due to high volumes...

Shop gets generic response - It's not fair on the shops who are relying on couriers to keep in business - no sense ordering anything delivered by DPD and you live near Dublin North East until they clear the backlog.

I wonder what state the packages would be in...!? if they ever appear at all.
    exact same for me, sitting since the 7th but it came from England.
    On hold to them now 58 minutes

• Advertisement

exact same for me, sitting since the 7th but it came from England.
    On hold to them now 58 minutes

If you get through - give them my username - same name as in their "system"

Cheers :o

Got through to them, Woman on the phone said my package is most likely lost but wont put it on the system as missing as " It may get scanned in a few days time"
    I want to try get a refund from the seller but I feel its unfair to them as its not classed as lost on the system.
    Original order was 28th of April.

Got through to them, Woman on the phone said my package is most likely lost but wont put it on the system as missing as " It may get scanned in a few days time"
    I want to try get a refund from the seller but I feel its unfair to them as its not classed as lost on the system.
    Original order was 28th of April.

Agreed - I hope the seller has some kind of insurance and can claim against DPD as they were excellent in March/April and now seem to have lost the plot.

Anyone having issues getting through to DPD Parcel wizards 090 number? I get through to the waiting music but then the call just drops. EVERY TIME :mad:

Still waiting on two packages that were delivered to the North one week ago and have been in transit since!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mgray11

Yeah, its been very challenging getting through and no responses to the forms filled out on their contact us page.

My delivery for Amazon arrived at their Antrim depot on Friday 8th of May and still not delivered to me.

I have been told to be patient as it's probably in the backlog but am not comfortable as its a high value item..seems like I am not alone and it should be there somewhere...

Basil3 wrote: »
    Definitely seems luck of the draw with where you live. I've had 6 deliveries in the last 2 weeks, all delivered the day after they arrived in the North except for one, which was delivered the day after.

Living in Dublin.

Were they delivered to your own personal address or two a Parcel Wizard collection point?

Anyone having issues getting through to DPD Parcel wizards 090 number? I get through to the waiting music but then the call just drops. EVERY TIME :mad:

Still waiting on two packages that were delivered to the North one week ago and have been in transit since!

Here's the response I received:

Hey
    Unfortunately we havent received these in yet, they are in trailers we are waiting from head office to come into us for delivery due to high volumes here, once we receive them here we will deliver asap

Thank you for understanding

In trailers!? No idea if they are operating a FIFO system as it seems to be "controlled" from their Head office.

Worse of all the wonderful shop refunded my shipping costs - which shouldn't cost them a penny - they handed them over in good faith.

I expected some electronic notice today - nothing, truly awful service - sellers, customers & indeed some of the DPD staff seem to be helpless here.

Its frustrating because I had something delivered last week from Parcel Motel and it got from Northern Ireland to my locker in 2 days. Dunno how DPD are so busy and Parcel Motel/Nightline arent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mgray11

This is unreal, I have empathy for the volumes they are dealing with but more acknowledgement and proactive end customer engagement would be all the difference....Its now 10 days since I got my notification:

Friday, 8 May
    2:09 PM Delivered :Newtownabbey, GB
    2:08 PM Out for delivery Carrickfergus, GB

GERRYMAC32 wrote: »
    Here's the response I received:

Hey
    Unfortunately we havent received these in yet, they are in trailers we are waiting from head office to come into us for delivery due to high volumes here, once we receive them here we will deliver asap

Thank you for understanding

In trailers!? No idea if they are operating a FIFO system as it seems to be "controlled" from their Head office.

Worse of all the wonderful shop refunded my shipping costs - which shouldn't cost them a penny - they handed them over in good faith.

I expected some electronic notice today - nothing, truly awful service - sellers, customers & indeed some of the DPD staff seem to be helpless here.

• Advertisement

I got another update - very helpful lady with DPD - who unfortunately can only share the current situation...

So they are loading vans based on essentials and medical supplies first - can't argue with that.
    Then backlog is fitted in to any space available on a First in First Out process.

As they did a great job IMO, during March and April - I can only assume they have new contracts re: essentials and medical supplies that is bumping the rest of the boxes...

All makes sense, but a bit of truth and transparency goes a long way... and since when was beer not essential?

Advertisement