Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mgray11

Good to know! thanks for sharing
    GERRYMAC32 wrote: »
    I got another update - very helpful lady with DPD - who unfortunately can only share the current situation...

So they are loading vans based on essentials and medical supplies first - can't argue with that.
    Then backlog is fitted in to any space available on a First in First Out process.

As they did a great job IMO, during March and April - I can only assume they have new contracts re: essentials and medical supplies that is bumping the rest of the boxes...

All makes sense, but a bit of truth and transparency goes a long way... and since when was beer not essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rinleezwins

I was expecting two parcels from the UK(2 separate consignments), seems like DPD Ireland has merged them into a single consignment with 2 parcels. Today I got just 1 of them, the web tracking says the parcel has been delivered and that's it.

Big box with an LCD display and a small envelope with a cable. Needless to say, I only got the cable. And that was literally 5 minutes before their offices closed. They will be getting a quite angry customer on the phone first thing in the morning.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Were they delivered to your own personal address or two a Parcel Wizard collection point?

Home address, Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mgray11

What date does the web tracking indicate it was delivered? I also have an LCD delivered 8th of May with no sign of receipt from DPD on their website: /my-deliveries

I was expecting two parcels from the UK(2 separate consignments), seems like DPD Ireland has merged them into a single consignment with 2 parcels. Today I got just 1 of them, the web tracking says the parcel has been delivered and that's it.

Big box with an LCD display and a small envelope with a cable. Needless to say, I only got the cable. And that was literally 5 minutes before their offices closed. They will be getting a quite angry customer on the phone first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

GERRYMAC32 wrote: »
    I got another update - very helpful lady with DPD - who unfortunately can only share the current situation...

So they are loading vans based on essentials and medical supplies first - can't argue with that.
    Then backlog is fitted in to any space available on a First in First Out process.

As they did a great job IMO, during March and April - I can only assume they have new contracts re: essentials and medical supplies that is bumping the rest of the boxes...

All makes sense, but a bit of truth and transparency goes a long way... and since when was beer not essential?

This must be it I had no issue with them up until last week everything was arriving promptly now 3 deliveries are in transit can afford to wait for two of them but typically 1 is medical I only get it via PW as the don't charge vat on medical in the UK so is a significant saving.

• Advertisement

It makes no sense for them to merge them when they could charge you twice for one delivery.

I've had similar with 2 consignments from the same retailer being delivered to the North at the same time. I thought they had been combined when I only got one notification, but I ended up getting the second one a day later.

Mgray11 wrote: »
    What date does the web tracking indicate it was delivered? I also have an LCD delivered 8th of May with no sign of receipt from DPD on their website: /my-deliveries

The correct date, today, 3 hours ago.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    It makes no sense for them to merge them when they could charge you twice for one delivery.

I've had similar with 2 consignments from the same retailer being delivered to the North at the same time. I thought they had been combined when I only got one notification, but I ended up getting the second one a day later.

I don't get it either. I originally had 2 separate links for the DPD UK website, once they were sorted in Athlone, the other one stopped updating and I got the DPD Ireland one that says 2 parcels. If they only have one consignment for both parcels and it's already marked as delivered, how am I supposed to know what's going on with the other parcel? I'll give them a call in the morning and I really hope they didn't misplace it somehow. I'm overreacting a little, but I've already been waiting for this delivery for quite some time, I even took today off work and was excited that I'm finally getting it just to get a goddamn display port cable. I'm just steaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

In the current climate this might be rare but I have to say well done DPD

I booked a delivery on Thursday afternoon and dropped it off to the local drop point at 5pm
    It wasn't collected until 18.30 on Friday evening,
    It was delivered Monday morning in Cornwall UK at 10:30 That's good going any time never mind now,

Now I hope my 2nd package to Germany gets on as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

eiei0 wrote: »
    In the current climate this might be rare but I have to say well done DPD

I booked a delivery on Thursday afternoon and dropped it off to the local drop point at 5pm
    It wasn't collected until 18.30 on Friday evening,
    It was delivered Monday morning in Cornwall UK at 10:30 That's good going any time never mind now,

Now I hope my 2nd package to Germany gets on as well,

Frustrating hearing this sort of thing when I’m waiting over a week to receive a parcel delivered to their Northern Ireland depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I'm waiting 2 months for 2 separate packages one from Australia and one from Serbia no idea where either are, but there not with DPD, It's more than likely An Post, I've had a few bits direct in with DPD and they came in ok last one from Germany was 2 week in transit but it got here in the end,
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Frustrating hearing this sort of thing when I’m waiting over a week to receive a parcel delivered to their Northern Ireland depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Got the delivery text this morning. Hopefully thats it sorted now

What part of the country are you in and how long were you waiting?

Got an SMS for mine this in Maynooth about a week of a delay. I don't mind that so much its the not knowing its coming/status is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GERRYMAC32

tnegun wrote: »
    Got an SMS for mine this in Maynooth about a week of a delay. I don't mind that so much its the not knowing its coming/status is a pain.

Obviously something is happening - I'm hopefully getting a delivery between 1pm and 2pm but showing my newest order (just delayed a week) and not showing my older 2 week delayed order... I'm hoping they consolidated the two - but I'm not hopeful.

The good thing is that it looks like it's the regular guy - so I'll ask him if there's anything else going on.

Cheers,

Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »
    Just an update on this, DPD found it in the end and it was delivered today. A week after the other delivery but atleast it's not lost.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I had orders delivered Thursday & Friday which still havnt been scanned in yet by DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

DPD have gone to the dogs imho. Impossible to get through to Athlone. Very poor response. Will think twice about using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

What part of the country are you in and how long were you waiting?

Louth, waiting since the 7th

Mine arrived this evening, poor driver(not the regular guy) had no clue where half his deliveries were going so I gave him directions. He didn't say what was up beyond saying it was a disaster.

My parcel made it to Athlone on Thursday and since then, I have no idea where it is. Nobody picks up at Kildare Depot, I was on hold for an hour when I called the main DPD line and I somehow managed to get on the live chat support, only to be told they will contact my local depot and get back to me and hear nothing back. Complete mess.

I understand they're busy, but they're ****ting the bed in terms of communication.

Hi folks,

Just one thing to try rather than calling - I've gotten good responses via email (not always what I want to here) but at least you get a human being. Think link below will give you your local depot's email, and their own number...

https://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder

However if your package like mine is in a trailer in Athlone (since 8th May) or wherever, it's luck of the draw when it'll make it onto a shipment.

Cheers,

Gerry

• Advertisement

My parcel made it to Athlone on Thursday and since then, I have no idea where it is. Nobody picks up at Kildare Depot, I was on hold for an hour when I called the main DPD line and I somehow managed to get on the live chat support, only to be told they will contact my local depot and get back to me and hear nothing back. Complete mess.

I understand they're busy, but they're ****ting the bed in terms of communication.

B2QlZ86.png

Ever seen something like this?

Package that arrived with PW on Monday out for delivery now but 2 from last week still in transit so lots going wrong for them right now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭barbiegirl123

DPD are very poor. I once ordered something and they were delivering. They put my parcel in my nearest shop which is 20 mins away when I rang the delivery guy back to ask him to deliver to my house he simply hung up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

DPD are very poor. I once ordered something and they were delivering. They put my parcel in my nearest shop which is 20 mins away when I rang the delivery guy back to ask him to deliver to my house he simply hung up on me.
    to be fair, they do have policy where you cant change delivery once its been scanned in, as drivers do go by labels attached and they scan them at delivery, not their own choice.

recently got amazon delivery day later but dunno guess it was massive box so wasnt later then it should been according to amazon time frame.

I also could be wrong but do think that many pickup locations dont accept deliveries anymore, know couple ceased dealing with parcels few months back, then again seems individual deliveries take way longer now as well, much depending on luck if it moves fast or just gets put aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Hi all, has anyone been successful in contacting DPD by phone or email? If so could you please let me know how.

They are literally impossible to get. Have my parcel twoing and froing between all their depots for nearly a month :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mvrce

Jem123 wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone been successful in contacting DPD by phone or email? If so could you please let me know how.

They are literally impossible to get. Have my parcel twoing and froing between all their depots for nearly a month :confused:

I have called messaged and emailed my parcel is ‘travelling through the network for weeks now’ I’m pretty sure they are using automated chat robots and Have no one manning phones or emails disgraceful even during covid where so many are doing online purchases a simple response to a query is not a volume issue in future I’ll check if the online retailer uses dpd and if they do I will advise them I want an alternative courier company they are handling products paid for and god knows where they are going in my case it was not to my door

Jem123 wrote: »

Hi folks,

Just one thing to try rather than calling - I've gotten good responses via email (not always what I want to hear) but at least you get a human being. Think link below will give you your local depot's email, and their own number...

https://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder

However if your package like mine is in a trailer in Athlone (since 8th May) or wherever, it's luck of the draw when it'll make it onto a shipment.

Cheers,

Gerry

FYI - My two late orders are now delivered not quite in order of receipt in DPD - but delivered safe & sound.

Chatting with a friend who's been subcontracted into DPD, he reckons their business is up 3 to 4 times normal levels and that its not a first in first out. Basically its a massive pile and the drivers scan and grab what they can so large items often get left behind(More money in delivering a lot of medium ones) and smaller items fall to the bottom or in between bigger items again getting left behind. New stuff is just added to this pile so unless its cleared something could sit at the bottom for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Chatting with a friend who's been subcontracted into DPD, he reckons their business is up 3 to 4 times normal levels and that its not a first in first out. Basically its a massive pile and the drivers scan and grab what they can so large items often get left behind(More money in delivering a lot of medium ones) and smaller items fall to the bottom or in between bigger items again getting left behind. New stuff is just added to this pile so unless its cleared something could sit at the bottom for a long time.

:eek::eek::eek: Jaysus what a joke if true.

A parcel of mine was delivered to somebody else in error over a week ago..
    I was told first thing yesterday morning it would be collected and redelivered to me today. Heard nothing and followed up this morning.
    I was told the driver 'didnt have time' to retrieve the parcel yesterday and that he would do so today.
    Will be doing a chargeback if i hear nothing in the next couple of hours.

Advertisement