Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Waiting on 2 parcels a couple of days - sounds like I've probably a few more days of 'in transit' waiting ahead. Anyone know if Parcel Motel is a better option going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Think I've a parcel disappeared now :( got an email/sms that it would be delivered yesterday and when I checked it was on a van in fonthill. No sign of it yesterday evening so I checked again and it showed the van hadn't moved in 5 hours. Still shows out for delivery with yesterdays date with no real time location this am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

tnegun wrote: »
    Think I've a parcel disappeared now :( got an email/sms that it would be delivered yesterday and when I checked it was on a van in fonthill. No sign of it yesterday evening so I checked again and it showed the van hadn't moved in 5 hours. Still shows out for delivery with yesterdays date with no real time location this am.

Van might have broken down. Whatever the reason I'd expect you'll get it delivered today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Ordered from a mainland european country late Friday night, shipped Tuesday, delivered by DPD on Thursday morning. Same for other recent orders delivered by DPD. No complains here, Dublin 5.

ShedTower wrote: »
    Van might have broken down. Whatever the reason I'd expect you'll get it delivered today.
    Thats what I'm hoping or the driver went home early, in fairness the last time something like this happened it had actually been misdelivered and when I pointed it out to DPD they sent someone to collect and redeliver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Friend ordered a TV from Currys and got an update from DPD on the 7th may that the order is delayed due to high volumes, over two weeks now and still delayed so contacted them and said it could be "lost" and is being investigated. Waiting for Currys to reply :( how can you lose a TV. Hopefully it's just a situation where it's at the bottom of a pile!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Things are strange in DPD at the moment. Had an order go through parcel wizard a week ago which took around 6 working days to get from the depot in Northern Ireland to my collection point in Dublin. Had another order arrive at the Dept in Northern Ireland yesterday and it was ready for collection in Dublin today.

So strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Had a package delivered to Northern Ireland yesterday at 9am, got the notification at 4pm, delivered 10am this morning.

Seems to be a lot of disparity in service across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

mvrce wrote: »
    I have called messaged and emailed my parcel is ‘travelling through the network for weeks now’ I’m pretty sure they are using automated chat robots and Have no one manning phones or emails disgraceful even during covid where so many are doing online purchases a simple response to a query is not a volume issue in future I’ll check if the online retailer uses dpd and if they do I will advise them I want an alternative courier company they are handling products paid for and god knows where they are going in my case it was not to my door
    well i had rescheduled for entire 2 weeks shown on tracking month or so back, took some effort contacting dpd via live chat - not PW chat, to get it delivered but once theres tracking number assigned i found its best to deal with dpd directly not PW.

as an post seem to be operating round the clock trough the day, dpd thou clearly seem to be under staffed- not what most would expect from one of the bigger courier companies.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Things are strange in DPD at the moment. Had an order go through parcel wizard a week ago which took around 6 working days to get from the depot in Northern Ireland to my collection point in Dublin. Had another order arrive at the Dept in Northern Ireland yesterday and it was ready for collection in Dublin today.

So strange.

More evidence that stuff is thrown on a pile so is last in first out.

My missing delivery arrived on the door step today absolutely wrecked, packaging ripped open and contents crushed no ring at the door bell either. Saw that it was delivered on the site and opened the door to find it dumped on the doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm missing two packages that were delivered this day last week as per Amazon, dpd can't find them. I had another package delivered Wednesday that was dropped off today.

Makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

What time do DPD deliver until in the evenings? Had a message saying delivery would be between 4 and 5 today but no sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Are they allowing depot collections does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

NATLOR wrote: »
    Are they allowing depot collections does anyone know
    https://dpd.ie/DPD-Ireland-Corona-Virus-Updates

if you wanna skip reading its up to date since phase 1, or 18th of may, but still no on depo collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

I had a package delivered by Royal Mail and according to their tracking, it was signed for at the NI depot on Saturday. I haven’t received any notification and nothing has shown up on the PW site yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Same here, had a Royal Mail delivery last Friday and no notification from DPD yet. With a previous delivery a week earlier, I had the DPD notification later that day and it being dropped off here the following day.

I have two delivered from Amazon on the 15th that still havnt been scanned in.

Hopefully they turn up soon as I had this issue three weeks ago also.

I won't be using them again

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I never did get my 2 items that were allegedly delivered to the wrong address two weeks ago.
    DPD told me a numer of times they would be collected and redelivered to me.. Never materialised.
    I've given up at this stage and done a chargeback against Currys
    DPD are a joke of an operation!

In my case, I suspect the seller didn't put the PW # on the label. I e-mailed DPD via the Parcel Wizard contact form and received an e-mail asking for what it contains. I mentioned what I ordered along with a screenshot of the product attached and they came back saying they found my package with the matching item, followed by another e-mail with Parcel Wizard delivery notification.

It happens too often that shipper leaves out the PW number. If you give that as your address it's very bad form to just omit it.

Had a package arrive in PW yesterday and it's out for delivery today.

Delivery to your door for €3.85 really is very good value. I know the same package wouldn't fit in a ParcelMotel locker and I'd be landed with an extra €7.95 charge to get it to my door. It would also be too large for AddressPal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It happens too often that shipper leaves out the PW number. If you give that as your address it's very bad form to just omit it.

Had a package arrive in PW yesterday and it's out for delivery today.

What I have started doing is putting my Parcel wizard account number in the name field. So for example John Smith being my name, I would have "PW1234567" in the First name field and "J.Smith" in the surname field. I find that the name will never be chopped off.

Delivery to your door for €3.85 really is very good value. I know the same package wouldn't fit in a ParcelMotel locker and I'd be landed with an extra €7.95 charge to get it to my door. It would also be too large for AddressPal.

Is 'to the door' delivery the same price as getting it delivered to a PW collection point?:eek: I never knew this!!!!!

Is 'to the door' delivery the same price as getting it delivered to a PW collection point?:eek: I never knew this!!!!!

Yes! The collection points are an extra convenience but I generally use my home address. They send an SMS in the morning with a predicted delivery time.

What I have started doing is putting my Parcel wizard account number in the name field. So for example John Smith being my name, I would have "PW1234567" in the First name field and "J.Smith" in the surname field. I find that the name will never be chopped off.
    Just after I posted above, I got a second DPD delivery notification and wondered what that was about. Well, DPD dropped off two packages today. One was the package I was waiting on and it had my PW # printed on the DPD address.

As for the second, well the PW # in the name field wouldn't have worked for whoever sent this one...
    2kZXRIF.jpg

The package has PH buffers for calibrating a VitaLink PH meter. If someone is expecting this, send me a PM. Coincidentally I purchased a PH buffer for my Koi, so that's probably how DPD matched the description as the other package I received has the PH buffer for Koi that I ordered.

editorsean wrote: »
    Just after I posted above, I got a second DPD delivery notification and wondered what that was about. Well, DPD dropped off two packages today. One was the package I was waiting on and it had my PW # printed on the DPD address.

As for the second, well the PW # in the name field wouldn't have worked for whoever sent this one...
    2kZXRIF.jpg

The package has PH buffers for calibrating a VitaLink PH meter. If someone is expecting this, send me a PM. Coincidentally I purchased a PH buffer for my Koi, so that's probably how DPD matched the description as the other package I received has the PH buffer for Koi that I ordered.
    You should tell DPD. They'll have somebody looking for it.

For some reason that reminded me that one time I had an item that was being delivered to ParcelMotel by DPD UK. For some reason they kept it in the DPD network so it showed up in my Parcelwizard account and DPD delivered it to my house.
    Which is okay, but I still have no idea how they matched up my PM account with my PW account. They both have my name on them, but it's not the most unusual name. There was no phone number on the package, nor my real address. All they had was my name and the Parcel Motel number. I don't think they even charged me for it. Was very strange I thought.

Did they just get lucky?

PW are denying my Amazon package was delivered on the 15th, they want a signature or they won't do anything. They aren't signing for packages as per another member of staff so they are sending me on a wild goose chase yo Amazon to get one. Amazon confirmed the packages aren't being signed for by PW and they won't be able to provide a signature.

Surprisingly they have refunded the the item however which I'm delighted about.

That's the end of me using PW now though.

ASOT wrote: »
    PW are denying my Amazon package was delivered on the 15th, they want a signature or they won't do anything. They aren't signing for packages as per another member of staff so they are sending me on a wild goose chase yo Amazon to get one. Amazon confirmed the packages aren't being signed for by PW and they won't be able to provide a signature.

Surprisingly they have refunded the the item however which I'm delighted about.

That's the end of me using PW now though.

My package to PW yesterday was signed for.

I'd try contacting them again. I had a similar experience with one member of staff. It is very frustrating when they demand a signature as not all packages have to be signed for. In my case I got a different member of staff on live chat who was more helpful.

You should tell DPD. They'll have somebody looking for it.
    I e-mailed DPD to let them know and have it ready. From checking my account, they charged me for both packages. If they don't collect it, I may buy the PH meter these are intended for as it would come in handy for keeping our various fish tanks in check rather than by test tubes.
    For some reason that reminded me that one time I had an item that was being delivered to ParcelMotel by DPD UK. For some reason they kept it in the DPD network so it showed up in my Parcelwizard account and DPD delivered it to my house.
    Which is okay, but I still have no idea how they matched up my PM account with my PW account. They both have my name on them, but it's not the most unusual name. There was no phone number on the package, nor my real address. All they had was my name and the Parcel Motel number. I don't think they even charged me for it. Was very strange I thought.
    That sure was a coincidence. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Similar here. I have Name PW123456 Surname,

DPD PW123456 Parcel Wizard

PW123456 Unit 5 Trench Park

...and the rest without PW thing. Even if they chopped 1 or 2 off, there's still another one. :D

==========

On the other note - I just got an email they have something for me. And that's interesting, because I ordered nothing recently. It likely belongs to someone else, I'd say. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked about this recently but cannot find the post in my history.

I’ve received a few parcels from DPD during the lockdown. They only began to deliver late about two weeks ago but always have the estimated delivery window on the day of delivery.

I was actually hoping to get them to delay delivery or hold it at the local depot but the tracking did not work until it got to Athlone yesterday and is now out for delivery but with no delivery window.

I haven’t received an email or text.

Is DPD so busy now that the don’t give an estimated delivery window anymore? Or are you sending messages with updates later in the day?

• Advertisement

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked about this recently but cannot find the post in my history.

I’ve received a few parcels from DPD during the lockdown. They only began to deliver late about two weeks ago but always have the estimated delivery window on the day of delivery.

I was actually hoping to get them to delay delivery or hold it at the local depot but the tracking did not work until it got to Athlone yesterday and is now out for delivery but with no delivery window.

I haven’t received an email or text.

Is DPD so busy now that the don’t give an estimated delivery window anymore? Or are you sending messages with updates later in the day?

Different areas might have different rules these days. I'm still getting the delivery window but some areas might have relief drivers in to cover the bulk and predicting windows might be tricky. Sign in to your DPD PW account and see if it says anything there. Best guess though is they arrive around the same time as usual.

Advertisement