Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

ShedTower wrote: »
    Different areas might have different rules these days. I'm still getting the delivery window but some areas might have relief drivers in to cover the bulk and predicting windows might be tricky. Sign in to your DPD PW account and see if it says anything there. Best guess though is they arrive around the same time as usual.

I got a text five minutes ago a delivery time and I cannot be here then so I’ve used the manage delivery to change the date and address but it didn’t work for me the other time I tried. Driver still showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ordered stuff from amazon last week. It was shipped by DPD on Tuesday and arrived in Athlone yesterday. The tracking status now reads as "There's a delay with your parcel due to unprecedented volumes of online shopping. We expect to deliver your parcel within the next 5 days, and we will update you here as soon as your parcel is out for delivery."

The tracking status on Amazon currently reads "Delivery on hold Delivery attempted 28 May, Unfortunately, DPD wasn't able to complete your delivery and needs additional information to try again. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Who knows when it'll arrive (if at all). One this is for sure though, DPD seems to be having an absolute mare at the moment. Strange because An Post and even the worst offender of them all, Fastway, seems to be getting on fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hogzy wrote: »
    Ordered stuff from amazon last week. It was shipped by DPD on Tuesday and arrived in Athlone yesterday. The tracking status now reads as "There's a delay with your parcel due to unprecedented volumes of online shopping. We expect to deliver your parcel within the next 5 days, and we will update you here as soon as your parcel is out for delivery."

The tracking status on Amazon currently reads "Delivery on hold Delivery attempted 28 May, Unfortunately, DPD wasn't able to complete your delivery and needs additional information to try again. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Who knows when it'll arrive (if at all). One this is for sure though, DPD seems to be having an absolute mare at the moment. Strange because An Post and even the worst offender of them all, Fastway, seems to be getting on fine.

I thought An Post did all the Amazon deliveries.

I’ve got a similar message from DPD but never stating as long as 5 days - just they they will text on the delivery day.

Sounds like a problem with the address on the package though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I thought An Post did all the Amazon deliveries.

I’ve got a similar message from DPD but never stating as long as 5 days - just they they will text on the delivery day.

Sounds like a problem with the address on the package though.
    had same message as op just last week, was amazed to see it was handed to dpd as always would been an post from amazon, and yes stated issue with courrier etc contact dpd basically. think added like 2 days delay but still was delivered on amazon timeline.

id reckon the winds we had did cause some massive delays beggining this weekend, as have another parcel on the way, and it took 5 days from uk to even land to NI PW. even thou its accepted but imagine at least 1-2 weeks delay before they even get to putting it onto delivering, yet as you mention UPS,DHL, and even an post doing rounds without much delay at all - while pw has been great over the years but at this stage them not being able to handle loads its a bit useless service, to get anything remotely fast.

scamalert wrote: »
    had same message as op just last week, was amazed to see it was handed to dpd as always would been an post from amazon, and yes stated issue with courrier etc contact dpd basically. think added like 2 days delay but still was delivered on amazon timeline.

id reckon the winds we had did cause some massive delays beggining this weekend, as have another parcel on the way, and it took 5 days from uk to even land to NI PW. even thou its accepted but imagine at least 1-2 weeks delay before they even get to putting it onto delivering, yet as you mention UPS,DHL, and even an post doing rounds without much delay at all - while pw has been great over the years but at this stage them not being able to handle loads its a bit useless service, to get anything remotely fast.

The winds are a good point actually I never thought about that. Probably resulted in trailers of stuff just waiting at the ports and at depots.

When you got the message from amazon to contact DPD did you? What did you say? I might just leave it until Tuesday and see if anything arrives. If its in Athlone then surely it'll make its way here eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Hogzy wrote:
    When you got the message from amazon to contact DPD did you? What did you say? I might just leave it until Tuesday and see if anything arrives. If its in Athlone then surely it'll make its way here eventually.

I got this message too, last week and the only option was to call DPD on a UK number which would have cost a lot (I could have used a skype or similar service but still.) Couldn't use DPD UK chat service without a postcode. So I got onto Amazon chat to ask if there was another avenue I could contact them on and they got in touch directly with the carrier, assured me it would still be delivered on the promised date and and it actually arrived the next day (a day early)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Hi there :)

Do you think that I would be overcharge if I buy a printer with these dimensions?

522 x 214 x 480 mm (H x W x D)

I know that maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm but I was wondering how strict they are with that.

Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

living wrote: »
    Hi there :)

Do you think that I would be overcharge if I buy a printer with these dimensions?

522 x 214 x 480 mm (H x W x D)

I know that maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm but I was wondering how strict they are with that.

Thanks in advace :)

Not strict at all in my experience.

Let's give it a go then. Even if they charge those extra 10 euros, it's still cheaper than buying it in Ireland.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Same here. Had too big or too heavy (or both simultaneously) parcels plenty of times - never a problem, never charged extra. :cool:

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Same here. Had too big or too heavy (or both simultaneously) parcels plenty of times - never a problem, never charged extra. :cool:

The driver had to use a hand truck to get one of mine from the van to the house. It was well over size and weighed a tonne. Both of us had to lift it off. :pac: That's a few years ago now, though not sure if they're that lenient these days but I know they're not too picky.

You're far, far more likely to get hit with ParcelMotel. There's loads of examples on the PM thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

You're far, far more likely to get hit with ParcelMotel. There's loads of examples on the PM thread.

I know, I'm one of them. :D

Really good to know. Many times I have not ordered things thinking that I was going to pay too much for the delivery.

I will let you know if they make me pay extra though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I have had some big stuff delivered to Parcel Wizard but I had a small (mastermix) cement mixer refused by DPD because the sender put it on a tiny pallet. It was only 35kg but DPD apparently took one look at pallet and refused it. Ended up costing a fortune to get DHL to redirect it from their NI depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

I wont be using this service ever again, I have now been waiting 10 day for my parcel wizard delivery and lies upon lies from customer service.

Yes the Louth/Meath depot is under pressure, but so is everyone else but they can deliver in a reasonable time frame..

Bloody joke, I will pay the premium now and have direct deliveries as this service as turned completely sh1te and every excuse is used from Covid 19 to the Moon landings .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I have had some big stuff delivered to Parcel Wizard but I had a small (mastermix) cement mixer refused by DPD because the sender put it on a tiny pallet. It was only 35kg but DPD apparently took one look at pallet and refused it. Ended up costing a fortune to get DHL to redirect it from their NI depot.

Only a few dpd vans would have a tailgate and pallet truck to get that to your house is why I'd say.cant be hand lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Only a few dpd vans would have a tailgate and pallet truck to get that to your house is why I'd say.cant be hand lifted.

Yeah I was just warning users as joujoujou was saying he had one delivered on a hand truck. If mine wasn't on pallet they would have delivered it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Gents quick question.....if i select delivery at home for UK virtual address will i be charged extra compared to pickup point ? Expecting an oversized delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Gents quick question.....if i select delivery at home for UK virtual address will i be charged extra compared to pickup point ? Expecting an oversized delivery.

Standard payment with PW includes delivery to a drop off point or to your home address.

Parcel motel charge extra for this, so maybe that's what you were thinking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Davy wrote: »
    Standard payment with PW includes delivery to a drop off point or to your home address.

Parcel motel charge extra for this, so maybe that's what you were thinking off.

Great thanks. Do they charge extra for oversized items ?

• Advertisement

I think it depends on how big it is. If it's ridiculously big then they mightn't even accept it and it will be sent back to the shipper. If it's not much over the guidelines then I think you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

One parcel due to arrive yesterday out for delivery today . So not much of a delay on that . One due to arrive tomorrow has changed to:
    "Sorry, there's a delay with your parcel due to unprecedented volumes of online shopping. We expect to deliver your parcel within the next 5 days, and we will update you here as soon as your parcel is out for delivery."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anyone able to advise me have a package that appears to be lost received notification on the 27th that changed to it being delayed due to high volume.
    Now on the app it appears to be cancelled.

Have been given the runaround by the local depot anyone know another number I can call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anyone able to advise me have a package that appears to be lost received notification on the 27th that changed to it being delayed due to high volume.
    Now on the app it appears to be cancelled.

Have been given the runaround by the local depot anyone know another number I can call.

email will get a response far better than phone.

email depotXX@dpd.ie change xx to your depot number, if depot 8, XX = 08

Put tracking number in the subject line.

But in reality, there's a 4-5 days delay in Athlone and not much delay in the local depots themselves.

How are people finding DPD lately? There was a flurry of complaints around a week ago but the thread has gone completely silent since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How are people finding DPD lately? There was a flurry of complaints around a week ago but the thread has gone completely silent since.

Dispatched Friday, hit pw Monday and delivered on Tuesday. Also had a couple of amazon orders last week delivered by DPD Instead of An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

1 delivery has gone missing but apart from that, I think they are starting to get back to normal. I ordered 2 items on the 4th, both arrived in PW on the 8th, 1 delivered yesterday and the other one is possibly today.

Only had a delay of one day on one item over the last couple of months, can't fault them. Most recent item was ordered on Amazon last Monday afternoon, and I had it on the Wednesday afternoon.

F*ck sake, had two parcels delivered to the depot in the north yesterday by UPS at the exact same time and signed for by the same person in DPD. One parcel arrived this morning to my house. The other one doesnt even appear to be in the system.

Joke!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

F*ck sake, had two parcels delivered to the depot in the north yesterday by UPS at the exact same time and signed for by the same person in DPD. One parcel arrived this morning to my house. The other one doesnt even appear to be in the system.

Joke!!!!

That happened to me and it was lost, I still havnt got it but Amazon refunded me thank God.

They seem to be getting faster, had one in the north yesterday morning and its just got delivered now.

Advertisement