Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ASOT wrote: »
    That happened to me and it was lost, I still havnt got it but Amazon refunded me thank God.

They seem to be getting faster, had one in the north yesterday morning and its just got delivered now.

Amazon refunded you even though it was delivered? How long did that take? Surprised amazon refunded as technically they have fulfilled their obligations to you by getting it to Parcel Wizard. Its PW's fault if it goes missing from there on in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

last delivery took 10 days 6 with pw, 1 day before it was scanned in then BH and high volumes in between so no complaints really, as even royal seems slow atm, as waiting on another purchase, might be a tad faster but wouldnt call it back as usual by any stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hogzy wrote: »
    Amazon refunded you even though it was delivered? How long did that take? Surprised amazon refunded as technically they have fulfilled their obligations to you by getting it to Parcel Wizard. Its PW's fault if it goes missing from there on in

Yeah after 8 days it still hadn't shown up on my parcel wizard, they asked me to get proof of delivery. So I went through the help centre on Amazon and the robot refunded me for my firestick before I even got a chance to speak to an agent. I thought I was going to have to battle for it.

It still hasn't turned up 3 weeks later, even though on my Amazon account it says it was delivered along with the other item which I got.

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah after 8 days it still hadn't shown up on my parcel wizard, they asked me to get proof of delivery. So I went through the help centre on Amazon and the robot refunded me for my firestick before I even got a chance to speak to an agent. I thought I was going to have to battle for it.

It still hasn't turned up 3 weeks later, even though on my Amazon account it says it was delivered along with the other item which I got.

Have you contacted DPD about it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Have you contacted DPD about it at all?

Yeah a manager rang me as I had a back and forth with a customer service rep through email and advised they can't locate it and it was also possible that Amazon didn't actually deliver it but just marked it as delivered. That's why I had went to amazon to see if they had a signature or if it was delivered without one. The PW manager put 6 pw trips worth of funds in my account also.

• Advertisement

Got onto them today about it and without them even replying it magically appears on my account. When you look at the details the system says they received it yesterday too. Its so bizarre. Parcel Wizard are so likely to lose your stuff if you dont keep an eye on it yourself. Got a response from them a few minutes ago asking for proof it was delivered.

The whole system just seems so faulty and obscure!

entire post seems a bit at a crawl for online shopping, ordered item of ebay, still in transit with royal, by any luck if it hits 2morrow will prob be another 10 days total wait till received, a bit ridiculous times. then again must be insane volumes of people shopping online.

scamalert wrote: »
    entire post seems a bit at a crawl for online shopping, ordered item of ebay, still in transit with royal, by any luck if it hits 2morrow will prob be another 10 days total wait till received, a bit ridiculous times. then again must be insane volumes of people shopping online.

A huge amount of the coronavirus testing is being done via post in the UK aswell so you have that to contend with also.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ckeng

How are people finding DPD lately? There was a flurry of complaints around a week ago but the thread has gone completely silent since.

They've marked a package as delivered to me today. Nobody came near the place so either they've delivered to the wrong place or they just made up a delivery confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

14 days with a parcel still in the warehouse. Still no movement.

• Advertisement

A huge amount of the coronavirus testing is being done via post in the UK aswell so you have that to contend with also.
    well didnt know that, but yes long post times indeed, sent few letters to uk, and only hit today so 6 days, and got notification for parcel delivered to NI so guessing Tuesday or Wednesday should be delivered. all around seems 10 days average is the norm now :cool:

well didnt know that, but yes long post times indeed, sent few letters to uk, and only hit today so 6 days, and got notification for parcel delivered to NI so guessing Tuesday or Wednesday should be delivered. all around seems 10 days average is the norm now :cool:

Most of the tests are being distributed using the amazon fulfillment centres and the Royal Mail. They must be prioritising the tests (which to be fair would be understandable)

quick question how does one sent parcel within Ireland trough dpd or PW within Ire, smallish parcel that would be above average envelope size, but want it tracked to have confirm on delivery, as ordering locally know shops pay 5ver+ , but dunno atm as closest pickup point is 20km away from me, since an post would prob cost me in excess of 10nner which id like to avoid paying if possible to get sent for less. as always using em as buyer never sent stuff trough dpd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RiNGA_77

My package from UK was delivered to PW on 7th of May, tracked and signed. Now 37 days later it is still not showing on my account. I contacted them several times with email/FB/depot email, no reply at all. I was able to connect with Live chat 2 weeks ago and I was told that they will contact me on email after they locate my package, also asked me what was in, tracking, etc. Week later, I had to contact them again as nobody got back to me. So they told me this time, after asking all my details that someone will call me, after 7 days, nothing at all again.
    It is not too expensive item but I really want it, but seems like they just lost it somehow. Do not know what to do next...

RiNGA_77 wrote: »
    My package from UK was delivered to PW on 7th of May, tracked and signed. Now 37 days later it is still not showing on my account. I contacted them several times with email/FB/depot email, no reply at all. I was able to connect with Live chat 2 weeks ago and I was told that they will contact me on email after they locate my package, also asked me what was in, tracking, etc. Week later, I had to contact them again as nobody got back to me. So they told me this time, after asking all my details that someone will call me, after 7 days, nothing at all again.
    It is not too expensive item but I really want it, but seems like they just lost it somehow. Do not know what to do next...
    well if you go back few pages couple people seem to had luck, but issue stands that if they dont scan it in, and assign their own tracking dpd/PW really dont care as they dont accept any tracking beside their own. well thats my experience, but if it was amazon purchase or large retail worth a shot with em - some grace refund etc which amazon does sometimes, but its fair to say its prob lost for good at this point, had happen with one of my parcels early this year and loss had to be taken, even thou it was clearly signed by PW :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Same experience with my most recent Amazon order, although DPD was quicker this time:

25th May - Order placed
    27th May - Order dispatched by Royal Mail
    8th June - Order delivered at Parcel Wizard
    9th June - Parcel Wizard notification of package
    10th June - DPD delivered my package

Total: 16 days between ordering and receiving it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Received an email saying my parcel has arrived and is on the way to me. This is my first time using parcel wizard. However its sasying it is dropping the package to my local Centra. It also says "Not Active, Centra Doughcloyne" as the address so the Not Active part is strange. I do have my address in the Parcel Wizard app.
    It also says "your current credit balance is 0 EUR" in the email however I topped up by the 3.85 a few days ago? Anybody get issues like that before or is it just an email bug?

EDIT: Just saw it has taken the 3.85 now so that was a bug, but is it ok to change the delivery address to my home address? Strange though because I do have it set in my address book.

Received an email saying my parcel has arrived and is on the way to me. This is my first time using parcel wizard. However its sasying it is dropping the package to my local Centra. It also says "Not Active, Centra Doughcloyne" as the address so the Not Active part is strange. I do have my address in the Parcel Wizard app.
    It also says "your current credit balance is 0 EUR" in the email however I topped up by the 3.85 a few days ago? Anybody get issues like that before or is it just an email bug?

EDIT: Just saw it has taken the 3.85 now so that was a bug, but is it ok to change the delivery address to my home address? Strange though because I do have it set in my address book.

Double check what you have set as your preferred delivery address with Parcel Wizard, just to make sure it is your home address rather than your local pickup point.

If it is going to your pickup point, but you want to change to your home address, that is possible....but it will probably add a day or two onto your delivery time, I'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Basil3 wrote: »
    Double check what you have set as your preferred delivery address with Parcel Wizard, just to make sure it is your home address rather than your local pickup point.

If it is going to your pickup point, but you want to change to your home address, that is possible....but it will probably add a day or two onto your delivery time, I'd expect.

Ah I see where I went wrong, I had the address in my address book but when you click the my virtual address tab it allows you to select pickup point or delivery and pickup point is auto selected! Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Amazon delivered my parcel to PW warehouse, PW lost it and 3 days later they still cant find it. Getting emails from random customer service reps who ask me the same 3 questions all the time: did you include you PW number (it's the same bl*ody address i've saved in amazon since 2015, have used it 50 times!), can you provide proof of delivery like signature or name of person who received (amazon cannot provide this information, they gave me a link to a page that says it was delivered), contents of the package (£270 GPS watch).

I spent 1.5hrs - not exaggerating - with Amazon on the chat trying to get them to provide more information on the parcel as I could sense that PW were trying to pull a fast one. Got a supervisor on who shared their policy regarding freight forwarders (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910550&qid=1592391810&sr=1-1). He clearly stated black on white that if the parcel had been lost with a regular address they would've replaced it or refunded it but they are not doing it anymore with freight forwarders as there have been too many cases. I'd tend to believe that they would've replaced the item as Amazon has done it on several occasions, including a £200+ child seat once.

I'm fuming with rage. This was for a birthday present (which has now passed). I used PW as it was giving me 3-4 days faster delivery than sending directly to ROI.

I've used PW at least 50+ times and this never happened before. Although this is the first time I sue it for such an expensive item. I cant believe it's just gone... how do you lose a parcel within you warehouse?

Any suggestions on how to approach my next interactions with PW? Besides answering the same 3 questions of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

DPD are a complete joke of a company. They have had a parcel belonging to me since May 26th. Granted its different times, but in that time they have provided no communication, they do not answer emails, the chat is just bots and they never answer the phone. Got time for delivery today from 11.02-12.02, took some time off work for same and it arrived at 15.00, delivered by enterprise. I will never use them personally and will be checking when getting deliveries to see iif they are being used and will do my best to avoid them. Google reviews tells its own tale, they languish below 2.5/5, not exactly encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Amazon delivered my parcel to PW warehouse, PW lost it and 3 days later they still cant find it. Getting emails from random customer service reps who ask me the same 3 questions all the time: did you include you PW number (it's the same bl*ody address i've saved in amazon since 2015, have used it 50 times!), can you provide proof of delivery like signature or name of person who received (amazon cannot provide this information, they gave me a link to a page that says it was delivered), contents of the package (£270 GPS watch).

I spent 1.5hrs - not exaggerating - with Amazon on the chat trying to get them to provide more information on the parcel as I could sense that PW were trying to pull a fast one. Got a supervisor on who shared their policy regarding freight forwarders (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910550&qid=1592391810&sr=1-1). He clearly stated black on white that if the parcel had been lost with a regular address they would've replaced it or refunded it but they are not doing it anymore with freight forwarders as there have been too many cases. I'd tend to believe that they would've replaced the item as Amazon has done it on several occasions, including a £200+ child seat once.

I'm fuming with rage. This was for a birthday present (which has now passed). I used PW as it was giving me 3-4 days faster delivery than sending directly to ROI.

I've used PW at least 50+ times and this never happened before. Although this is the first time I sue it for such an expensive item. I cant believe it's just gone... how do you lose a parcel within you warehouse?

Any suggestions on how to approach my next interactions with PW? Besides answering the same 3 questions of course

Last time I had a situation like this going public on twitter got it sorted.

had parcel from uk delivered this week 2 days total wait from PW so no complaints, but ordering trough this year can see how their service went into ground where anything above 50quid simply isnt worth risking, as delays ranged from 2-3 weeks to month, and even if item shows as scanned its still gamble when it gets delivered. as suggested try social media or someone up the chain, average phone support staff wont be able to do much, if your parcel was scanned it then fair chance it will be found if looked for, but if never entered into system then hard luck :cool: as PW will say its issue with their NI branch which is separate from irish thus you would need to chase on NI side.

Firstly, apologies for the long post but I wanted to report back given I got some solid advice here that could benefit others.
    I was contacted again by <SNIP> from DPD customer support telling me that if I couldnt provide the name of the the person that signed for the package at the DPD warehouse in Co. Antrim they wouldnt be able to file a claim with their insurance, effectively telling me I would have to bare the loss. Case closed.

I'm pasting my email reply word for word:
    Hi <SNIP>
    I suggest that you escalate this matter to a supervisor as I will not let it go. 
    I find the reply below absolutely insufficient and cannot accept that DPD will not take responsibility for the loss of my parcel. 
    As I explained to you below, Amazon cannot provide the name and signature of who accepted the package but they provide proof that the package has been received by DPD in Antrim through a link to their website. Unless you have strangers walking through your warehouse, one of YOUR employees received my properly addressed parcel and then evidently misplaced it or mislabeled it. The proof of delivery to your own facility is sufficient to prove that the package arrived and was accepted. The name of you employee has no bearing on this. 
    I have had at least 20 deliveries through DPD in 2020 alone (possibly over 100 since I’ve started using the service). The majority of the deliveries are made WITHOUT a signature being required (I can provide the details of the logistics companies that have delivered to you like royal Mail, Parcel Station, Amazon Logistics, etc). Like in this case, the only proof is the logistics provider showing that the parcel was deliver on “x” date, at “x" time with the tracking number they provide. Unless it is a specific policy of DPD not to send parcels without signature required, then what you say below is an excuse not to refund me for my lost property. 
    Reading recent commentary on forums regarding DPD PW, it is clear that since COVID19 has happened, your logistics are in disarray and you have misplaced numerous packages for people. I suspect you are refusing me my right to be reimbursed because the cost of you own shortcomings has become too high. 
    I expect for DPD to file a claim with the insurance company and refund me the £270 value of the parcel I lost. At the very minimum I would like your manager or a member of management to call me to explain how this can be construed as fair treatment under your terms and conditions. 
    If you reply again that this will not be done, I will report the matter to the Irish Consumer Protection Agency, the UK consumer protection agency and publish our email exchange on your Twitter, Facebook and Google profiles so customers are aware of your incompetence and complete lack of regard for people’s property. Watch out for the hashtags #DPD #Scam <SNIP>
    Kind regards, "
    Within 6 hours of having sent this email I got the usual text message saying my item would be delivered the next working day. Not a word from customer service... Got my GPS watch the following Monday.
    Either it's a HUGE coincidence for them to find my parcel hours after I go ballistic or is this a scam they're running? <SNIP>
    For one, I wont be sending anything of greater than 30-40 euro value. I'll be using Parcel Motel if I really have to.
    Secondly, I'm thinking of reporting this anyway. I guess if there are enough people reporting similar issues it may highlight foul play.
    Thanks for the advice regarding threatening them with going on social media. I've used it before with customer service reps (I usually say "I will make you famous on social media") but it rarely worked. Seems like it did this time. 

MOD: Do not put up the names of people you are dealing with. Do not make accusations without proof. All couriers are under serious pressure in the current circumstances and warehouses are piled up with deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I had a similar experience with <SNIP>. Didn't want to know, asked for a refund to my account as a gesture of goodwill since my parcel was missing and I doubt it would be found. They wanted me to get the ebay seller to contact them. Only when I raised it with their twitter that I got a refund and they conceeded it was lost. I wasn't too upset over it being lost as it was a small value item, just frustrated that I had to go via Twitter to get it sorted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It happens quite a lot that deliveries for PW are made to PM and vice versa, so they can tell a lot from the signature on the delivery. Amazon/PW/PM needs to work out something better on this, but at the moment it's a chance we take. Also, addresses become mangled by the shipper, and there isn't a PM/PW ID on it. You may have exactly the same issues with PM going bu their dedicated thread here. Either way, with high value goods, always take out the insurance.

MOD: Do not put up the names of people you are dealing with. Do not make accusations without proof. All couriers are under serious pressure in the current circumstances and warehouses are piled up with deliveries

I accept that I shouldnt have used the person's name but my "accusations" were hypothetical, asked in question format exactly for that reason.

COVID is not an excuse as many are reporting this type of incident happening way before COVID happened.
    you obviously believe this was just a coincidence... i threaten to go public and magically they find my package a few hours later with their position up to that point being "screw you, there's nothing we can do here.

whiterebel wrote: »
    It happens quite a lot that deliveries for PW are made to PM and vice versa, so they can tell a lot from the signature on the delivery. Amazon/PW/PM needs to work out something better on this, but at the moment it's a chance we take. Also, addresses become mangled by the shipper, and there isn't a PM/PW ID on it. You may have exactly the same issues with PM going bu their dedicated thread here. Either way, with high value goods, always take out the insurance.

you should re-read my post carefully because i state clearly i've used PW at least 20x this year and possibly 100+ since 2015-16. The saved address in amazon is correct, it always works. the signature requirement is an easy way for them not make an insurance claim because (again as I've stated) the majority of my 20+ deliveries this year were made without a signature requirement: the barcode on the parcel is scanned and the proof of delivery is made.

are you being impartial here? (question, not an accusation)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have given examples of things that happen with both, not attributing either to your particular situation, so yes, I am being impartial. All companies, in the normal course of events, should have a signature as having received goods. Parcel deliveries will never work properly without it. We fall into a "no-mans land" when this occurs. Amazon say they delivered it, PW/PM/PC day they didn't receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Every amazon Prime delivery Ive gotten in the past 2 years has been an Post. Latest Is DPD. Is there a change does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I got 1 parcel by DPD early this week, 2 others later this week were AnPost.

Advertisement