Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Just checked back through Amazon delivery emails and I've had 8 deliveries from Amazon Prime with DPD starting just before last Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I actually find an post the best of the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well had delivery just last week and mon shipped delivered on friday. i get where person comes from losing 300e isnt a joke, i get that chat/ delivery drivers must be swamped with same issues people complaining every day, and might not be easy, as previously stated seems they have no escalation support, plus PW operates on NI side so that creates no mans land situation as mod said.

since seems they do deliver now on behalf of an post so clearly they get a lot more business, but havent seen single ad where they would advertise to hire extra staff.

as it they used to be faster all together deliveries within weeks window, as checking tracking numbers often id see parcel reach NI next day even on cheapest 2nd class option.

as was eying item well into 200e teritory recently and yes weight would be an issue going by an post cost vise, but since they dont keep tabs to accept signature until its scanned into their system theres a massive issue. As never changed my address and items still go to newtownabbey since i started using them and never did it go to PM but fact is sometimes they do lose items, which for sake of sanity creates situation that its better to pay 10-30quid extra but at least chances are that an post wont lose it, and at worst it will be insured properly, where seller isnt out of pocket either and can do something about it.

as PW service is great, but last 6 months did them no favors with regular customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Hey. Its my first time using parcel wizard. My package from Amazon was supposedly delivered to PW yesterday at around 11AM. How long will it take for it to show up in the system. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Hey. Its my first time using parcel wizard. My package from Amazon was supposedly delivered to PW yesterday at around 11AM. How long will it take for it to show up in the system. Thanks

I had one delivered at 2:00pm yesterday and it's out for delivery this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

UPS tracking and one delivered by Nightline but Majority of this months sub and save has been dispatched with UPS tracking which I presume will come with nightline like last one dispatched with UPS tracking.

Wonder what's going on.

tk123 wrote: »
    I had one delivered at 2:00pm yesterday and it's out for delivery this morning.

I had noticed that the Texts from An Post were hit and miss but just put it down to demand because of Covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I had noticed that the Texts from An Post were hit and miss but just put it down to demand because of Covid.

I've always found them hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit and sometimes miss.

A couple of times I've got the same notification over and over during the day.

Its the local post office that scan the parcels once they have received them and my PO often doesn't get around to it till after 10 am.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I've always found them hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit and sometimes miss.

A couple of times I've got the same notification over and over during the day.

Its the local post office that scan the parcels once they have received them and my PO often doesn't get around to it till after 10 am.

I found the text service reliable, it always said would be delivered within 2 days but I always got it the next day. A few weeks into the lockdown texts disappeared or tracking was off and I just put it down to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

So I just received the most bewildering package from DPD and I think what will be my last. I recently ordered uniforms from George at ASDA for my daughter. What I received today was a damaged parcel, that the driver said he'd log, missing a pack of tights which were inexplicably replaced with an outdoor tap(for a hose). Tried livechat, they told me to email Parcelwizard and I have now tweeted them aswell. Ideally I'd like the tights back, but if they can't get them I'd love a refund. Either way I think thats it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,305 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Umekichi wrote: »
    So I just received the most bewildering package from DPD and I think what will be my last. I recently ordered uniforms from George at ASDA for my daughter. What I received today was a damaged parcel, that the driver said he'd log, missing a pack of tights which were inexplicably replaced with an outdoor tap(for a hose). Tried livechat, they told me to email Parcelwizard and I have now tweeted them aswell. Ideally I'd like the tights back, but if they can't get them I'd love a refund. Either way I think thats it for me.

Meanwhile, there's somebody out there with a set of tights and wondering what happened to their tap.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Without boring everyone with every little detail, my package from amazon was marked as received but pw said they never got it and it probably got sent to another courier by accident as this happens. I asked why don't they send a van to collect all the misdelivered packages and they said no.

So I think parcel wizard/dpd/interlink should change their motto to we do the absolute minimum, nothing more.

Without boring everyone with every little detail, my package from amazon was marked as received but pw said they never got it and it probably got sent to another courier by accident as this happens. I asked why don't they send a van to collect all the misdelivered packages and they said no.

So I think parcel wizard/dpd/interlink should change their motto to we do the absolute minimum, nothing more.

Or their motto could be "we don't fix other courier's mistakes".

I can see why they would forward on misdelivered packages to the correct depot, but going around to other companies to collect packages? I think that's expecting a bit much.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Or their motto could be "we don't fix other courier's mistakes".

I can see why they would forward on misdelivered packages to the correct depot, but going around to other companies to collect packages? I think that's expecting a bit much.

I know they aren't required to but I don't think it's a bit much, ignoring the time saved by not having to deal with pricks like me, sending a van once a week to the warehouse down the street doesn't sound like a big deal.

And in a saturated competitive market how does noone have the foresight to see that customer retention and if everyone says omg pw are great... it's more profitable in the long term.

Then again maybe they're only focused on the short term...............

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I've had a parcel misdelivered to PM by Hermes, PM said they would just hand it back to Hermes along with any other misdeliveries and sure enought it was checked in by PW about 4 days later. I guess it depends on the courier company that misdelivered it. If it was UPS I'd be 99% sure they would have returned it.

I know they aren't required to but I don't think it's a bit much, ignoring the time saved by not having to deal with pricks like me, sending a van once a week to the warehouse down the street doesn't sound like a big deal.

And in a saturated competitive market how does noone have the foresight to see that customer retention and if everyone says omg pw are great... it's more profitable in the long term.

Then again maybe they're only focused on the short term...............

At the end of the day, it doesn't seem like PW are in the wrong in your case, so I don't know why you'd be annoyed with them. You should be going after the courier company that delivered it to the wrong place, or the other courier company who accepted a delivery that wasn't to them. It's not fair to expect PW to correct the mistakes of two other companies.

If they lose you as a customer because of another company's error, then that's your prerogative.

The funny thing about your logic is that if you decide to switch to PM and they receive a parcel for you at PW and don't forward it on to PM, they'll possibly win you back as a customer, because you'll be irate with PM (who had nothing to do with the issue) :D

At the end of the day, it doesn't seem like PW are in the wrong in your case, so I don't know why you'd be annoyed with them. You should be going after the courier company that delivered it to the wrong place, or the other courier company who accepted a delivery that wasn't to them. It's not fair to expect PW to correct the mistakes of two other companies.

If they lose you as a customer because of another company's error, then that's your prerogative.

The funny thing about your logic is that if you decide to switch to PM and they receive a parcel for you at PW and don't forward it on to PM, they'll possibly win you back as a customer, because you'll be irate with PM (who had nothing to do with the issue) :D

My point is that I know PW have done nothing wrong and they have fulfilled their obligation to me. But if they won't go one inch out of their way to help a longtime customer (even if legally don't have to), then fk them.

And in your example with PM happened, I wouldn't use them again either, not go back to PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Order from Amazon reached DPD's Athlone hub on Friday evening, Amazon tracker says it's due to arrive Wednesday. Is this the earliest I can expect to receive it, or can DPD move their delivery forward? Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I know it's just a few days but it's a beautiful collection of high-end PC parts that I am absolutely chomping at the bit to receive ASAP. tried to search for similar questions but couldn't find anything!

Order from Amazon reached DPD's Athlone hub on Friday evening, Amazon tracker says it's due to arrive Wednesday. Is this the earliest I can expect to receive it, or can DPD move their delivery forward? Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I know it's just a few days but it's a beautiful collection of high-end PC parts that I am absolutely chomping at the bit to receive ASAP. tried to search for similar questions but couldn't find anything!

Amazon is only tracking it to delivery in the North, so it should be showing as delivered already.

If it was up there on Friday, you should expect it tomorrow. I would have actually expected it on Saturday....DPD have been doing deliveries on Sat and Sun here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Amazon are still being cautious with their delivery estimates - I’ve found anything I’ve ordered the last couple of weeks has been 1-2 days early.. so almost back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon is only tracking it to delivery in the North, so it should be showing as delivered already.

If it was up there on Friday, you should expect it tomorrow. I would have actually expected it on Saturday....DPD have been doing deliveries on Sat and Sun here.

Amazon send some high value things through DPD directly to Ireland, not through Parcel Wizard, so it tracks right to the door,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

I got an item sent via parcel wizard, it was small like a pen shape. I can verify sender used correcct PW code, told me the time and date of delivery but Parcel wizard can do nothing unless it was signed for!! Does this mean all items I get sent via PW have to be signed for? And does it cost more for a sender to post? I was paying UK postage anyway.

This was an eyebrow pencil and the fact it was not delivered is a real bummer, ie it was small and pocketable.

swoofer wrote: »
    I got an item sent via parcel wizard, it was small like a pen shape. I can verify sender used correcct PW code, told me the time and date of delivery but Parcel wizard can do nothing unless it was signed for!! Does this mean all items I get sent via PW have to be signed for? And does it cost more for a sender to post? I was paying UK postage anyway.

This was an eyebrow pencil and the fact it was not delivered is a real bummer, ie it was small and pocketable.
    it doesnt matter if its signed for or not, what matters if its scanned into their system and assigned their consignment nr, as far as support goes they only look into whats on their system, if its not scanned they can't be bothered if it was tracked or not. imagine its few quid so not a major loss for small item like that, worth better to pay extra pound or so for anpost delivered or buy couple as imagine smth as small as that could go missing way to easily with likes of PW, that said had items small as sd card delivered in the past and can say for sure its their least favorite thing to be bothered about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

Thanks I did not know until I lost it that it was not a signed for item! It was from JML and it does say on their website, all items are sent as signature required but tucked away , not small items. It was €25.00 worth.

I will close PW for a while and go elsewhere, there lack of care is very disappointing but they have so much work now they can do what they like. But their bad service will rebound on them when the tide turns

So in effect, a parcel is delivered if the guy does not scan its goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

Dpd limerick is a jock, my item was stock in limerick depot since last Friday and should be delivered to clare, get surprised, clare depot is closed them phone number is not working, emails not working, HQ saying they can't do anything they are so busy and only 4 drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Can you use parcel wizard on ebay and if so how would you format it as it looks different to amazon. Anyone have experience? Where do you put the pw id???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you use parcel wizard on ebay and if so how would you format it as it looks different to amazon. Anyone have experience? Where do you put the pw id???

Put it in front of your name like a prefix. Then all address lines as normal.

go to your account, addresses, should come out smth like this:

Primary delivery address

Name Surname
    PWxxxxxx DPD Parcel Wizard, Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim BT36 4LB
    United Kingdom
    phone

been years since setup mine but essentially you can pick between primary be it Ire or NI, as can be seen name and surname still are in proper places so used pw id as first second line in address bar i guess. that said 3-4 years never been an issue with address or deliveries/orders. As sellers get proper paypal invoice with that address and are supposed to send it to it, since it does go to NI same as UK not a lose for them, as same postage to ire varies between 2-8 pounds for smallish items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Recently had an issue with seller treating PW address as business address hence stripping out all the personal data, name and PW ID including, even though PW ID was in two different places within the address given. Took me 2 weeks of multiple emails, "contact us" messages and phone calls to sort it out eventually.

Now, my PW address is even more modified, but obviously still not idiot proof at all:

Name PWid Surname
    DPD PWid Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park PWid Trench Road
    Mallusk, Antrim BT36 4LB

On the other note - for last couple of months had 10s of junk mail items coming in, all letters from unknown sender in Germany, their address just like some p.o. box with no name, just postcode and town. Google gave no results, and DPD are very slow in removing items from account and refunding me for that. Solution - closed an account, opened new one. Hope new PW id will not be affected. :)

Advertisement