Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

joujoujou wrote: »
    Recently had an issue with seller treating PW address as business address hence stripping out all the personal data, name and PW ID including, even though PW ID was in two different places within the address given. Took me 2 weeks of multiple emails, "contact us" messages and phone calls to sort it out eventually.

Now, my PW address is even more modified, but obviously still not idiot proof at all:

Name PWid Surname
    DPD PWid Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park PWid Trench Road
    Mallusk, Antrim BT36 4LB

On the other note - for last couple of months had 10s of junk mail items coming in, all letters from unknown sender in Germany, their address just like some p.o. box with no name, just postcode and town. Google gave no results, and DPD are very slow in removing items from account and refunding me for that. Solution - closed an account, opened new one. Hope new PW id will not be affected. :)
    now that's total overkill to be fair, if formatted right you shouldnt need more then one line for PW ID, for items from UK postcode BT36 4LB- serves as country, town, and area then DPD parcel wizard unit 5 in theory is main address rest should be name and ID, since as mentioned as long as PW ID is close to name it shouldnt be an issue, as PW advises to use ID in the name field- which imagine makes their work easier as its main detail they need, but your example for someone seeing that address would seem more like a typo having your id in 3 different places.

id suggest using just whats below if ordering from UK, as even Mallusk would be a bit conflicting with postcode as it automatically reads as newtownabbey- i know many say to use it to avoid it getting delivered to PM, but emphasis is on Using DPD parcel wizard :

Name Surname
    PWid DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road
    Mallusk
    BT36 4LB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Despite being in your opinion overkill still some moron was able to omit it. I'd prefer to leave it as is. Better safe than sorry. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

joujoujou wrote: »
    Despite being in your opinion overkill still some moron was able to omit it. I'd prefer to leave it as is. Better safe than sorry. :p

I always put a note to seller saying to make sure you include the letters and numbers after my name as it helps identify me in my workplace, has worked well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hello all,

I have ordered a furniture item from Poland which was supposed to come in 2 packages given the size of the item.

I have received the first package last week, but when I track the second parcel it says :

2020-07-28 4:40:01 p.m. Transferred abroad.

DPD Ireland don't have a clue as they use different tracking number.

Does it look like the item is lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Can someone help me here. I ordered an item off ebay. Delivered by royal mail. But it was supposedly delivered on 28th and Dpd have not contacted me about it. However I am sure royal mail have delivered it to the wrong address. Parcel motel because it says signature recieved by pm. Last time I ordered off ebay it said signature by pw. What are the next steps I should take. Thanks

• Advertisement

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Can someone help me here. I ordered an item off ebay. Delivered by royal mail. But it was supposedly delivered on 28th and Dpd have not contacted me about it. However I am sure royal mail have delivered it to the wrong address. Parcel motel because it says signature recieved by pm. Last time I ordered off ebay it said signature by pw. What are the next steps I should take. Thanks

if it was sellers mistake on address they would be responsible for sorting this out for you, even if address was correct and royal screwed up, seller should have receipt etc to contact em and get it delivered to right address. as much as i dont like being on seller side when it comes to ebay, but sellers are responsible for item reaching exact address on your paypal invoice. So depending on seller they should be able to contact royal to sort out such mess on your behalf as ur the customer who paid, as at the end i imagine its tracked and would show as incorrect address thus seller losing out dispute. So try to approach in polite manner and see what can they do.

In short seller is responsible that parcel arrives to correct address, even thou its really unfair on ebays policy and im always cautious when selling as sellers get hammered by ebay when any issue occurs, but that's the way system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Don't be so sure, couldn't you just argue whoever signed for it at parcel wizard wrote a W that looked like an M. They are quite similar... Show me the signature, I have a few parcel motel ones I could tell if its theirs or not.

My item which isn't showing up in my parcel wizard was delivered on 27th by Royal Mail so could be just a big delay there. However I did have something else delivered on 27th by Hermes show up. My seller has proof it was addressed correctly to parcel wizard with my parcel wizard ID included.

Hopefully not some idiot delivery man at royal mail bringing all the parcel wizard parcels to parcel motel but surely would've heard more complaints by now if that was the case, and parcel motel wouldn't keep signing for them. I've filled in a 'find my parcel' on parcel motel with my tracking number, they will usually reply by email soon and I'll notify them of this possibly happening.

spix wrote: »
    Don't be so sure, couldn't you just argue whoever signed for it at parcel wizard wrote a W that looked like an M. They are quite similar... Show me the signature, I have a few parcel motel ones I could tell if its theirs or not.

My item which isn't showing up in my parcel wizard was delivered on 27th by Royal Mail so could be just a big delay there. However I did have something else delivered on 27th by Hermes show up. My seller has proof it was addressed correctly to parcel wizard with my parcel wizard ID included.

Hopefully not some idiot delivery man at royal mail bringing all the parcel wizard parcels to parcel motel but surely would've heard more complaints by now if that was the case, and parcel motel wouldn't keep signing for them. I've filled in a 'find my parcel' on parcel motel with my tracking number, they will usually reply by email soon and I'll notify them of this possibly happening.

They didn't sign it as PM but you can see tracking says signed for by PM instead of PW

They didn't sign it as PM but you can see tracking says signed for by PM instead of PW

I just went to check my latest Royal mail signed for item which was checked into parcel motel on 28th but it wasn't signed for by anybody, tracking not showing as delivered but got the parcel in my hand, something odd going on here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Guys there’s been no signing since the pandemic started. The drivers sign it themselves with initials or draw a line across it etc etc so I wouldn’t take it as gospel

• Advertisement

Attached 3 of my parcel motel signatures. The 3rd one is interesting :)

I also had a signed for by royal mail delivered to parcel motel on 28th, same day as yours, but there is no signature or delivery confirmed on royal mail site, which I have never seen before.

tk123 wrote: »
    Guys there’s been no signing since the pandemic started. The drivers sign it themselves with initials or draw a line across it etc etc so I wouldn’t take it as gospel

Parcel wizard are taking it as gospel though as when I contacted them they said they wouldn't even search for my parcel without a signature. Even though it said delivered to newtownabbey and label sender used shows address was completely correct.

Parcel was delivered last friday. Contacted parcel wizard yesterday and they told me incorrect royal mail deliveries will be sent back to royal mail bit they were close yesterday so they should recieve it today. I hope I can get this parcel soon

scamalert wrote: »
    if it was sellers mistake on address they would be responsible for sorting this out for you, even if address was correct and royal screwed up, seller should have receipt etc to contact em and get it delivered to right address. as much as i dont like being on seller side when it comes to ebay, but sellers are responsible for item reaching exact address on your paypal invoice. So depending on seller they should be able to contact royal to sort out such mess on your behalf as ur the customer who paid, as at the end i imagine its tracked and would show as incorrect address thus seller losing out dispute. So try to approach in polite manner and see what can they do.

In short seller is responsible that parcel arrives to correct address, even thou its really unfair on ebays policy and im always cautious when selling as sellers get hammered by ebay when any issue occurs, but that's the way system works.

I've asked the seller what address she had written and she got back to me with proof. She said that I she thinks I could get £50 back if I didn't get the parcel and she sent it by Royal mail tracked. That would be good enough as I only payed slightly more than £50.

Parcel was delivered last friday. Contacted parcel wizard yesterday and they told me incorrect royal mail deliveries will be sent back to royal mail bit they were close yesterday so they should recieve it today. I hope I can get this parcel soon

Parcel wizard will just say anything to remove their liability. If a parcel is signed for and marked as delivered, it is not 'sent back to royal mail'

Also do not become convinced that parcel motel have the parcel just because it says PM on the signature, PM/PW is so close it is very likely just an error. You will also have pretty much zero chance of getting compensation from royal mail when it is signed for and delivered so forget about that. Either parcel wizard or parcel motel have the parcel, without a doubt. Likely parcel wizard and its just delayed, they wont say 'our service is slow and crappy' so are happy to play along with the idea its not their fault.

I've asked the seller what address she had written and she got back to me with proof. She said that I she thinks I could get £50 back if I didn't get the parcel and she sent it by Royal mail tracked. That would be good enough as I only payed slightly more than £50.

My dad has 2 hermes deliveries to parcel wizard, both delivered on 29th at around 10am, not yet showing up in account either. It is not just affecting royal mail deliveries so it seems most likely scenario is delay at parcel wizard. Tell them that next time you are talking to them, that other people who had items delivered to parcel wizard with other couriers also don't have their parcels and to do their job and find your parcel.

Email from parcel wizard

Over the last number of weeks, all the carriers have been very busy with volumes etc. It was discovered that some of our freight in which customers was expecting was delivered in error to Nightline and Royal mail. We also discovered after an exploration exercise that our competitors were signing a consolidated POD for the parcels but did not hand over the parcels for days after, this came to light after a number of inquiries.

Our workers in the UKVA are giving signatures for each parcel that comes into our depot in Antrim. Therefore we need a signature from someone in our depot to prove we actually have it. If they can not provide a signature then they should send you a replacement.

Not sure I believe much here. Is this just because of 1 complaint from Abiya041? Because where are all the other complaints?
    "But did not hand over the parcels for days after" Implying that they did infact get the parcels? So why tell me to ask for a replacement if they're getting the parcels eventually.
    "Our workers in the UKVA (parcel wizard) are giving signatures for each parcel." But I have 2 Hermes deliveries to Parcel Wizard on the 29th just 3 days ago and no signature due to coronavirus.

parcelwizard2.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Simple fact of the matter is that they are not being signed for in PM or PW, which leaves customers in a difficult place when they go missing. There is a definite problem in PM going to PW and vice-versa. The non-signature is going on since before the pandemic due to the volumes.
    For me, Hermes would be bottom of the list as a courier. I never saw one shipment go correctly once it went through them.
    I would have thought that PM/PW would at least have a system of checking off all arrivals in to their depots. Without signatures these forwarding services are bound to fail

whiterebel wrote: »
    Simple fact of the matter is that they are not being signed for in PM or PW, which leaves customers in a difficult place when they go missing. There is a definite problem in PM going to PW and vice-versa. The non-signature is going on since before the pandemic due to the volumes.
    For me, Hermes would be bottom of the list as a courier. I never saw one shipment go correctly once it went through them.
    I would have thought that PM/PW would at least have a system of checking off all arrivals in to their depots. Without signatures these forwarding services are bound to fail

I have plenty of successful Hermes deliveries..never a problem before. Thing is parcel wizard are claiming to me it has happened with both my Hermes + Royal mail deliveries, on different days recently. That is impossible to believe. I have a feeling they are taking 1 persons complaint about the PW/PM signature thing and going with it...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You should go back through the PM thread and this thread. The amount of times they have been cross delivered, with PM at times taking it over and delivering through their system rather than handing it over. When they do it takes weeks, too. Again, the problems with non signature has been going on since before March.

• Advertisement

You should go back through the PM thread and this thread. The amount of times they have been cross delivered, with PM at times taking it over and delivering through their system rather than handing it over. When they do it takes weeks, too. Again, the problems with non signature has been going on since before March.

I must've been lucky before then as using parcel motel for years, dad using parcel wizard for years, never had anything delivered to wrong place now suddently both royal mail and hermes make the same mistake a few days ago??

Parcel motel have told me they had a misroute over the weekend and the parcels have been returned to the courier. Parcel wizard saying that after an inquiry found parcel motel have not returned the parcels. Both companies are extremely close to each other, guess they hate each other a bit much to just drop the parcels over instead of returning to courier. Putting buyers in a predicament with ebay as tracking for all items showing delivered, no way a dispute could be won trying to explain this.

Parcel wizard will just say anything to remove their liability. If a parcel is signed for and marked as delivered, it is not 'sent back to royal mail'

Also do not become convinced that parcel motel have the parcel just because it says PM on the signature, PM/PW is so close it is very likely just an error. You will also have pretty much zero chance of getting compensation from royal mail when it is signed for and delivered so forget about that. Either parcel wizard or parcel motel have the parcel, without a doubt. Likely parcel wizard and its just delayed, they wont say 'our service is slow and crappy' so are happy to play along with the idea its not their fault.

Sorry about that. Was in a hurry to go out when writing that. Meant to say Parcel Motel

I must've been lucky before then as using parcel motel for years, dad using parcel wizard for years, never had anything delivered to wrong place now suddently both royal mail and hermes make the same mistake a few days ago??

Parcel motel have told me they had a misroute over the weekend and the parcels have been returned to the courier. Parcel wizard saying that after an inquiry found parcel motel have not returned the parcels. Both companies are extremely close to each other, guess they hate each other a bit much to just drop the parcels over instead of returning to courier. Putting buyers in a predicament with ebay as tracking for all items showing delivered, no way a dispute could be won trying to explain this.
    well thats the grey area, youd me amazed with what buyers get away with and usually Paypal sides with buyer most of the time even if they are wrong. But given where seller did send it to correct address, think its unfair to dispute or blame them, as PW PM are third party courier service so its not your physical address, so the fault is on them.

that said its truly amazing that two being so close to each other in so many years didn't manage to establish some exchange between themselves, its not like any of em suffer for business.

scamalert wrote: »
    well thats the grey area, youd me amazed with what buyers get away with and usually Paypal sides with buyer most of the time even if they are wrong. But given where seller did send it to correct address, think its unfair to dispute or blame them, as PW PM are third party courier service so its not your physical address, so the fault is on them.

that said its truly amazing that two being so close to each other in so many years didn't manage to establish some exchange between themselves, its not like any of em suffer for business.

Yeah I wouldn't even want to open a dispute, a bit disgusted by parcel wizard telling me to resolve it that way, saying its not their problem unless you can prove we signed for it. You'd think since they obviously know this happened before that they'd take steps to prevent it happening and resolve it easily when and if it happens again. They're both acting like they're on the other side of the world when they're practically next door to each other. Its a bit ridiculous.

Yeah I wouldn't even want to open a dispute, a bit disgusted by parcel wizard telling me to resolve it that way, saying its not their problem unless you can prove we signed for it. You'd think since they obviously know this happened before that they'd take steps to prevent it happening and resolve it easily when and if it happens again. They're both acting like they're on the other side of the world when they're practically next door to each other. Its a bit ridiculous.

Yeah that's what annoys me the most, like they're right beside each other, it wouldn't hurt to just drop the parcel in next door. Like fair enough if was far but it literally costs them nothing. Starting to get fed up chasing after each company looking for answers as to where my parcel would be

Yeah that's what annoys me the most, like they're right beside each other, it wouldn't hurt to just drop the parcel in next door. Like fair enough if was far but it literally costs them nothing. Starting to get fed up chasing after each company looking for answers as to where my parcel would be

Had parcel motel on twitter tell me the parcels were returned to the couriers, royal mail, hermes etc
    Had parcel motel by email tell me they had transferred them back to DPD (parcel wizard)
    Had parcel wizard tell me parcel motel haven't returned the parcels and to contact the seller for a replacement.

Seems nobody really knows the whereabouts of a huge batch of parcels.
    Parcel wizards reponse is by far the worst. They don't show any confidence that they will ever get the parcels which is alarming as they are addressed to them, so they should be easily able to retrieve them, you would think thats something they would want to do to protect its businesses reputation. Instead acting like they are all gone for good and have no interest in helping.

For all you know this happens every day, and there could be pallets of it. Why should they consistently clean up after other company's mistakes? If a courier consistently delivered parcels to your house instead of a house in a neighbouring estate would you just keep delivering it for them?

Well Parcel Wizard delivered my ipad case today, shame the ipad itself is missing. It was delivered by Royal Mail on 29th, the ipad by Royal Mail on 27th.

Also had 2 hermes items delivered at exact same time to Parcel Wizard on 29th.
    1 of them was delivered today, the other has yet to show up on my Parcel Wizard account. So seems they manage to misplace items even when they are delivered to them, which makes me wonder if the ipad did actually go to Parcel Motel in the first place.

For all you know this happens every day, and there could be pallets of it. Why should they consistently clean up after other company's mistakes? If a courier consistently delivered parcels to your house instead of a house in a neighbouring estate would you just keep delivering it for them?

Parcel motel told me in email this happens regularly, and when it does they bring the parcels over to DPD. I was told something different on twitter but person in email seems genuine. Its just doing the right thing... hardly a huge deal. If I was working there I'd want to bring the parcels over no matter how frequently it happens. How can you not knowing how many people are waiting for those parcels. What would you suggest? Phone DPD to ask them to come pick them up seems fair. Giving them back to the courier seems pointless when they're situated so close.

• Advertisement

you have a point there, but its two same businesses that most likely get pre sorted deliveries in tons daily arriving, then mid day deliveries from posties and couriers on top, where in most cases mistake often would only be noticed by staff when sorting parcels. But in so many years the two been around its hard to imagine they wouldn't come to some agreement for fair exchange- as its customers who pay them for service that's on the line.

granted it probably be annoying as fck to do it daily, but weekly or every fortnight shouldn't be an issue, as neither of them wins in scenarios where items go missing for their customers.

Advertisement