Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

spix wrote: »
    Parcel motel told me in email this happens regularly, and when it does they bring the parcels over to DPD. I was told something different on twitter but person in email seems genuine. Its just doing the right thing... hardly a huge deal. If I was working there I'd want to bring the parcels over no matter how frequently it happens. How can you not knowing how many people are waiting for those parcels. What would you suggest? Phone DPD to ask them to come pick them up seems fair. Giving them back to the courier seems pointless when they're situated so close.

Did they tell you how quickly they swap? According to stories on here it can take weeks, and not only during the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

whiterebel wrote: »
    Did they tell you how quickly they swap? According to stories on here it can take weeks, and not only during the pandemic.

Parcel Motel told me DPD should definitely have them back by now if they were wrongly delivered to Parcel Motel on Friday. Parcel Wizard don't seem to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

whiterebel wrote: »
    ive worked in exactly same scenario business and another that has been doing same in area, and it was like 100-300 parcels daily, any mistmatch would only be detected usually when someone sorting deliveries would try to scan and see address wasnt correct, even on small scale it would been easily a week for like 10-20 parcels to have turn around before someone would sort them out properly where they would be destined to go.

But when DPD and likes of nightline come into play its not like they are short of fleets on their doorsteps to expedite such mistakes.

scamalert wrote: »
    ive worked in exactly same scenario business and another that has been doing same in area, and it was like 100-300 parcels daily, any mistmatch would only be detected usually when someone sorting deliveries would try to scan and see address wasnt correct, even on small scale it would been easily a week for like 10-20 parcels to have turn around before someone would sort them out properly where they would be destined to go.

But when DPD and likes of nightline come into play its not like they are short of fleets on their doorsteps to expedite such mistakes.

The part wich is really shocking me is how parcel wizard are acting like its impossible to ever get the parcels. Since this has happened before they should know if we'll eventually get our parcels, and if not then what on earth happens to them???

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

The part wich is really shocking me is how parcel wizard are acting like its impossible to ever get the parcels. Since this has happened before they should know if we'll eventually get our parcels, and if not then what on earth happens to them???

I wouldn't mind waiting a week or two to be honest if I was guaranteed I was eventually going to get it

• Advertisement

Abiya041 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind waiting a week or two to be honest if I was guaranteed I was eventually going to get it

Of course.. but in parcel wizards eyes "its not our problem, go ask your seller for a refund" :confused:

I think it is their problem. Didn't they set up shop right next door to their competitor and with a similar name? Hasn't this happened before and they haven't managed to stop it happening? I don't see any notification on their website saying your parcels may be delivered to parcel motel by accident and if this happens then tough luck.

I don't know what to make of this one :(

I don't know what to make of this one :(

Is Antrim supposed to be a codename?

Probably what he means is Parcel Motel sent all the misrouted parcels back to their main nightline depot instead of 5 seconds down the road. Now they are miles away. That makes perfect sense... not.

Has anyone on this thread had this problem recently and did you eventually get the parcel?

Has anyone on this thread had this problem recently and did you eventually get the parcel?

I'm curious if anyone else has their royal mail parcel delivered to parcel wizard on friday go missing, or anyone had one delivered fine. Or is it just the 2 of us? I know not everyone uses boards.ie but I'd expect a few more people to show up here if what the are telling us is true.

• Advertisement

Of course.. but in parcel wizards eyes "its not our problem, go ask your seller for a refund" :confused:

I think it is their problem. Didn't they set up shop right next door to their competitor and with a similar name? Hasn't this happened before and they haven't managed to stop it happening? I don't see any notification on their website saying your parcels may be delivered to parcel motel by accident and if this happens then tough luck.

I don't get why this is hard to understand. Parcel Wizard didn't mess up the delivery, it shouldn't be their job to deal with the mistakes of other couriers.

Maybe they should have a notification on their website to explain this basic concept to people :confused:

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't get why this is hard to understand. Parcel Wizard didn't mess up the delivery, it shouldn't be their job to deal with the mistakes of other couriers.

Maybe they should have a notification on their website to explain this basic concept to people :confused:

You seem to miss the point. Since Parcel Wizard are aware of this happening why haven't they taken steps to prevent it and solve it easily for their paying customers if it happens again? The parcels are addressed to them, it is in their best interest to try their best to retrieve them and stop this happening. If they can't do that then yes, there should be warning on their website.

Warning - We don't care about your parcels. So if they happen to be accidentally delivered to parcel motel which happens sometimes, we don't really care so tough luck. We know they are just down the road but who do you think we are, a delivery company? We don't have any vans or workers to deal with such situations.

They situated themselves right next to Parcel Motel, chose a similar name, its obvious that a mix up might happen sometimes if a new delivery man is bringing big batches of parcels to one of them, that they might think they are all going to the 1 place. This only keeps happening because they couldn't give a crap about their customers. "Hey John, could you drive over to parcel motel and retrieve our parcels that were delivered there by accident? To avoid the hundreds of complaints we will undoubtedly receive if we don't." Is that difficult? There is Zero defense as to why they can't go out of their way to retrieve these parcels. Especially since they should know when this happens, as they'll have no royal mail deliveries that day. This is what their business is all about. Parcel forwarding. Not parcel losing.

PS - Are you affiliated with parcel wizard at all? You dont seem to use the service but frequently come in this thread to defend them when paying customers who are missing parcels are looking for assistance.

You seem to miss the point. Since Parcel Wizard are aware of this happening why haven't they taken steps to prevent it and solve it easily for their paying customers if it happens again? The parcels are addressed to them, it is in their best interest to try their best to retrieve them and stop this happening. If they can't do that then yes, there should be warning on their website.

Warning - We don't care about your parcels. So if they happen to be accidentally delivered to parcel motel which happens sometimes, we don't really care so tough luck. We know they are just down the road but who do you think we are, a delivery company? We don't have any vans or workers to deal with such situations.

They situated themselves right next to Parcel Motel, chose a similar name, its obvious that a mix up might happen sometimes if a new delivery man is bringing big batches of parcels to one of them, that they might think they are all going to the 1 place. This only keeps happening because they couldn't give a crap about their customers. "Hey John, could you drive over to parcel motel and retrieve our parcels that were delivered there by accident? To avoid the hundreds of complaints we will undoubtedly receive if we don't." Is that difficult? There is Zero defense as to why they can't go out of their way to retrieve these parcels. Especially since they should know when this happens, as they'll have no royal mail deliveries that day. This is what their business is all about. Parcel forwarding. Not parcel losing.

PS - Are you affiliated with parcel wizard at all? You dont seem to use the service but frequently come in this thread to defend them when paying customers who are missing parcels are looking for assistance.

You seem to miss the point. They aren't the ones losing the parcels, it's the courier that is supposed to deliver to them.

No idea where your opinion about me not using the service comes from. Bizarre.

The problem with your logic is that if PW keep rectifying mistakes caused by other companies, then these will continue to take place. If people put their energy into going after the actual company that made the mistake, then they will be the ones losing out financially though having to fix their own issues, and the chances of it happening in the future should reduce.

You seem to miss the point. They aren't the ones losing the parcels, it's the courier that is supposed to deliver to them.

No idea where your opinion about me not using the service comes from. Bizarre.

The problem with your logic is that if PW keep rectifying mistakes caused by other companies, then these will continue to take place. If people put their energy into going after the actual company that made the mistake, then they will be the ones losing out financially though having to fix their own issues, and the chances of it happening in the future should reduce.

Your argument is silly sorry. If parcel wizard keep rectifying, it will continue to happen? From what has been said before, they never have rectified it and yet it still continues to happen. Wonder why that is. Because they clearly don't care enough to ensure it doesn't happen again. The only losers here are the customers. There is 2 similar companies, with similar names located right next to each other. They are in the business of parcel delivery yet even though they are fully aware of this situation, they somehow can't manage to move some parcels a few hundred meters so that their paying customers can receive the items they paid for. Ridiculous. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to locate themselves right next to parcel motel. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to not ensure that any royal mail worker delivering in newtownabbey is made fully aware that they are 2 separate companies. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to not give customers a proper helpful response when they contact them regarding misdelivery of their parcel to parcel motel.

Well if you are a paying customer, if this happened to you and they told you its not their problem, go ask your seller for help, knowing damn well there is nothing the seller can do to help, what would your response be? Oh no problem parcel wizard! I completely understand, keep up the good work! SURE...

Your argument is silly sorry. If parcel wizard keep rectifying, it will continue to happen? From what has been said before, they never have rectified it and yet it still continues to happen. Wonder why that is. Because they clearly don't care enough to ensure it doesn't happen again. The only losers here are the customers. There is 2 similar companies, with similar names located right next to each other. They are in the business of parcel delivery yet even though they are fully aware of this situation, they somehow can't manage to move some parcels a few hundred meters so that their paying customers can receive the items they paid for. Ridiculous. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to locate themselves right next to parcel motel. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to not ensure that any royal mail worker delivering in newtownabbey is made fully aware that they are 2 separate companies. It was a mistake by parcel wizard to not give customers a proper helpful response when they contact them regarding misdelivery of their parcel to parcel motel.

Well if you are a paying customer, if this happened to you and they told you its not their problem, go ask your seller for help, knowing damn well there is nothing the seller can do to help, what would your response be? Oh no problem parcel wizard! I completely understand, keep up the good work! SURE...

Maybe they should bring in a fee for recovery of misdelivered parcels? An extra €4 to recover parcels? Would that be a reasonable solution for rectifying someone else's mistake?

Maybe they should bring in a fee for recovery of misdelivered parcels? An extra €4 to recover parcels? Would that be a reasonable solution for rectifying someone else's mistake?

I don't think they would have the ability to implement something like that when they can't solve the current situation.

And sure, I wouldn't mind an extra 4 euro for the odd time this happens if it means I get my valuable purchase without it having to go around in circles with unknown delivery timeframe because of the incompetence of multiple delivery agents. I guess you thought I would say that is uncalled for etc but no I actually agree, very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

spix wrote:
    I'm curious if anyone else has their royal mail parcel delivered to parcel wizard on friday go missing, or anyone had one delivered fine. Or is it just the 2 of us? I know not everyone uses boards.ie but I'd expect a few more people to show up here if what the are telling us is true.

I had one delivered to PW on Saturday that was scanned on Tuesday and delivered Wednesday

I don't think they would have the ability to implement something like that when they can't solve the current situation.

And sure, I wouldn't mind an extra 4 euro for the odd time this happens if it means I get my valuable purchase without it having to go around in circles with unknown delivery timeframe because of the incompetence of multiple delivery agents. I guess you thought I would say that is uncalled for etc but no I actually agree, very good idea.
    way i was told once by dpd irish side, cant be responsible for DPD NI/uk, dunno about laws in that regard, but seems sort of correct if parcel does get delivered to wrong address, its not really their fault.

that said my issue is that they dont care about tracking number you give them even if its signed clearly as PW, as only thing they look for is their own assigned track to help you.

And most obvious issue that two businesses in so long didnt establish any fair exchange policy even thou being beside each other- as yes people pay for service, and it cant be really used as excuse when two of them operate at each others doorstep to not exchange parcels when it takes one extra staff to run over and sort such issues, as they do have fleet as mentioned at all times so really not excuse.

as used PW since they started and aside one missing parcel its great service sometimes, but to be fair, when shopping online only use it for under 100e items, anything above doesnt really matter cost goes directly to home address.

I had one delivered to PW on Saturday that was scanned on Tuesday and delivered Wednesday

Same.. seems to be only Friday affected. Would've expected more than 2 complaints here though. They must be running low on customers, probably because when parcels go missing, they don't help so people obviously stop using it, eventually they wont have any parcels to go missing. A little bit of customer service goes a long way.

I've spent hundreds on both parcel motel and parcel wizard but now I know what can happen I'll just ask sellers to ship direct to ireland with hermes which is very cheap and most of them use hermes anyway. Its 6-10 euro depending on parcel size and is delivered by anpost in around 4 days.

Same.. seems to be only Friday affected. Would've expected more than 2 complaints here though. They must be running low on customers, probably because when parcels go missing, they don't help so people obviously stop using it, eventually they wont have any parcels to go missing. A little bit of customer service goes a long way.

I've spent hundreds on both parcel motel and parcel wizard but now I know what can happen I'll just ask sellers to ship direct to ireland with hermes which is very cheap and most of them use hermes anyway. Its 6-10 euro depending on parcel size and is delivered by anpost in around 4 days.
    Uk post is dirt cheap in general as they have many options 1,2 class NDD and prob few extras as opposed to here being regular tracked or registered, not best reviews on hermes to be fair from many sellers online as they tend to mess up stuff from time to time but its a safe bet none the less as far as how DPD feel about losing few customers id say this below would sum them up nicely lol, jump to 50 sec mark

• Advertisement

After chasing all different companies it seems that DPD finally got my parcel.Have you heard anything about yours Spix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

For the second time in a month dpd couldn't deliver my parcel as "we couldn't find you" even tho they have the eircode.

Shambles of a company.

After chasing all different companies it seems that DPD finally got my parcel.Have you heard anything about yours Spix?

I had something check in today but other parcels incoming so unsure if thats it. Did they tell you by email they found your parcel or you just know from 1 showing up in your account?

I had something check in today but other parcels incoming so unsure if thats it. Did they tell you by email they found your parcel or you just know from 1 showing up in your account?

They notified me to top up my account as a parcel has arrived into their hub. The sent a message on email and a text.

They notified me to top up my account as a parcel has arrived into their hub. The sent a message on email and a text.

Ah so no customer service follow up to let you know, just a normal check in. Cause they dont give a fook. I sometimes have to contact parcel motel about missing parcels when sellers leave out PM ID they always let me know that they found it before it shows up in my account.

I guess it must be it if you haven't ordered anything else. Hopefully the 1 that showed up in my account is the missing ipad.

Ah so no customer service follow up to let you know, just a normal check in. Cause they dont give a fook. I sometimes have to contact parcel motel about missing parcels when sellers leave out PM ID they always let me know that they found it before it shows up in my account.

I guess it must be it if you haven't ordered anything else. Hopefully the 1 that showed up in my account is the missing ipad.

Have you got it yet.Is it the ipad?

Have you got it yet.Is it the ipad?

Got it just now. So I guess if this happens, approx 1 week delay. You'd think parcel wizard could just tell us that instead of acting like the parcels went into a black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

FFS,
    Had two parcels delivered to these boyos last week and they still haven't arrived yet stuff has come through the system since.

Both parcels were showing as received to them but no more updates. I finally got through to their useless customer service yesterday and they said they'd look into it.

Both parcels are now showing as "Rescheduled" with a delivery date of today.

Did they come?

Did they fuck.

Think I'll stick with parcel motel from now on. Never had this problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Never had any trouble with Parcel Wizard, parcel from UK Monday,got email today to be delivered tomorrow, 9 times out of 10 it is delivered next day, never had one lost so far and do use regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is it possible to redirect a DPD delivery after youOh get the message about the delivery window ?

I’m I need to change the delivery address but that means I also need to change the delivery date to Monday,

But I thought if I wait and see what time the driver would be scheduled to come here in cause it is before I need to leave

Advertisement