Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Hi there,

Once your 3 free deliveries are up and we have a consignment waiting for you in our UK Virtual address, we will email you with your payment options.

Is there going to be a Talk To DPD thread on Boards now or can me contact you on this thread?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

How in gods name do u change the delivery address using the wizard?

Hi Lord Spence,

You can update your calendar for all future deliveries. If you need to change the address for a parcel that has already travelled through our HUB, you can do so via email/sms notifications.

Only wrote: »
    Can you give us some example guidelines?

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

Is there going to be a Talk To DPD thread on Boards now or can me contact you on this thread?

Hi IrishBlaine,

Not at the moment. However you can contact us on FB (https://www.facebook.com/dpd.ireland), Twitter (@dpdireland), email (parcelwizard@dpd.ie) and you could call us on 0906480247

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

OK, trying to get a rough guide say if box is under 20kgs but is sized 60cm x60cm x 50cm ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Sigh. Just tried to get a delivery using Parcel Wizard to manage it... and it failed miserably.

Had both a landline number and a mobile number listed on the delivery details with the shipper, but seems the latter had a digit cut off. However that same mobile was registered (correctly) with Parcel Wizard and had been receiving updates on the delivery during the day.

Go to track the parcel online as had gone by the delivery window and lists "incorrect phone number" as a failure reason. Well, one of the two numbers was incorrect, but DPD had it listed in Parcel Wizard correctly, and the other was completely correct.

You'd think that drivers would be able to look up numbers associated with Parcel Wizard accounts in case of a problem, but apparently not. The two systems aren't joined up; a problem doesn't trigger an attempt to contact via the PW details, which would be the obvious thing to do.

And no-one answers the phone at the depot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

@Ciara:

#DudeWheresMyCarSeat

That is all I will say.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Hi everyone just wondering if want to order one mirror from mirror outlet in uk , will dpd wizard be able to do that
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Ciara, are there any plans to add a UK mainland depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    @Ciara:

#DudeWheresMyCarSeat

That is all I will say.

Thank you.

She just confirmed there's no depot in Carrickfergus, so its pretty clear DPD didn't mess up your delivery. In fact, Royal Mail have been delivering parcels to PM instead of DPD. The postmen obviously don't understand what a postcode is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Techmaster wrote: »
    She just confirmed there's no depot in Carrickfergus, so its pretty clear DPD didn't mess up your delivery. In fact, Royal Mail have been delivering parcels to PM instead of DPD. The postmen obviously don't understand what a postcode is.

But they haven't. Read back a few pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

First delivery due tomorrow.
    Pity the text doesn't tell you what time like the standard DPD delivery.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'm actually expecting UPS to drop of a package to my parcel wizard in the morning, I really hope it goes well, it's my first time using this service too, have used parcel motel loads of times in the past.

It gives you an hour delivery time window text when its out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

@ DPD Ciara/Any DPD Rep.

I've sent your company 2 e-mails and nobody has bothered to reply.

Seeing as you cannot answer me privately by e-mail maybe you can answer me publically?

Who gives your drivers the permission to forge my signature and choose a random neighbours house to hand in my parcel, not tell me and let me sit at home after work waiting for a neighbour to take their time to knock on my door?

First delivery didn't go well clearly and I've suspended my account because you haven't given me the courtesy of a reply privately.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Only wrote: »
    OK, trying to get a rough guide say if box is under 20kgs but is sized 60cm x60cm x 50cm ??

That should be fine. Just send us the tracking number when you get it.

Liam

nephster wrote: »
    And no-one answers the phone at the depot :(

Hi nephster,

Sorry to hear that. Can you send me your tracking number in order to have a look?

Liam

lovehathi wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wondering if want to order one mirror from mirror outlet in uk , will dpd wizard be able to do that
    thanks

Hi lovehathi,

Just bear in mind that all parcels go through our automated sorting facilities and will need to have been properly packaged.

Further to this please see our T&Cs for more details > dpd.ie/Shipping/Trading-Terms-and-Conditions

Ciara, are there any plans to add a UK mainland depot?

I'm afraid not in the near future.

But they haven't. Read back a few pages.

I can confirm that we don't have a DPD depot in Carrickfergus. If Yodel has confirmed that they delivered in Carrickfergus it's definitely not to a DPD location. For a full list of our 38 depots please click on the following link >dpd.ie/about-dpd/dpd-depot-finder

• Advertisement

Hi Tatranska,

You will receive your 1 hour Predict tomorrow morning. With Parcel Wizard, like our Classic DPD Service, you get a text and email the day before your delivery and again a text and email on the morning of the delivery with your 1 hour window in which your driver is going to be there. If that doesn't suit, you can change the date of your delivery or change the address or collect your parcel from your local depot.

Berty wrote: »
    I've sent your company 2 e-mails and nobody has bothered to reply.

Hi Berty,

Really sorry to hear that. I can't find any unanswered email in our inbox, may I ask to which email you sent it? Could you also send me your tracking number in order to investigate further?

Thanks,
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi Berty,

Really sorry to hear that. I can't find any unanswered email in our inbox, may I ask to which email you sent it? Could you also send me your tracking number in order to investigate further?

Thanks,
    Liam

Filled in the form on your website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hulio jordio

DPD 'lost' my parcel. Whoever was delivering from Yodel just handed it over to some schmuck in Carrickfergus (where DPD confirmed on the phone that there is no depot for Parcel Wizard).

DPD washed there hands of it. No one by the name I gave works there, no parcel arrived with the numbers I gave. They said they can't help any more. That's the bit that annoys me most.

Thank God Amazon are sending me a replacement direct to Ireland. No quibbles or problems. Next day too.

I'll never, ever use DPD again after this.

Exact same thing happened to me this week. Ordered 2 packages from amazon at the same time. One was delivered to me (royal mail delivery) and the tracking info for the other one showed it was signed for in Carrickfergus (Yodel delivery).

When I contacted DPD, they said there's no one with that name working for DPD, their address is not in Carrickfergus and to take it up with the sender.

I contacted Yodel who said "I am afraid that the geo codes (the satellite navigation system used by the drivers) on this parcel show that it was delivered to the delivery address provided (Mallusk). As such I would humbly ask that you contact the sender and they will be able to assist you further with this. They, as the account holder, will be able to escalate this on your behalf."

Looks like this is a common occurrence with Yodel and DPD...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My amazon order went exactly as planned, would use again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Techmaster wrote: »

This^

The only time my family had trouble with parcel motel the first thing they asked was if it was tesco and yodel and the answer of course was yes. When I looked into it the yodel drivers are supposed to be paid between 75p and 95p per package, but don't get paid for attempted deliveries, some days they are given no parcels, their wages are routinely held up for months, the only way they can make minimum wage is by getting rid of parcels by whatever means they can.

Heartbreaking accounts from employees here and you'll see the positive reviews are totally fake.
    http://ie.indeed.com/cmp/Yodel/reviews?fcountry=GB

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Why on earth did you order without finding out first? All you had to do was pick up the phone. And would Amazon not deliver to Ireland? They usually do.

You believed Parcel Motel had a service at a price you were happy with but still went with the unknown Parcel Wizard service. Bizarre.

Nobody here seems to know. You're the guinea pig.

1) First 3 deliveries are free with Parcel Wizard, so I was ordering a few bits & decided to try it out & use up the 3 freebies. And since I would have had to use Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard for this delivery, I was interested to see how DPD would handle an oversized parcel, so just lashed their address in.
    2) It's not mentioned in the FAQ of their website what they do if an oversized parcel arrives.
    3) I e-mailed them & got no reply.

Anyway, I cancelled the Amazon order a few hours later and ordered the TV again to Ireland - turns out it was free shipping to ROI & I also got the VAT off (am VAT registered with Amazon UK), so win/win. Saved over €100 on the VAT.
    I just assumed that Amazon wouldn't ship the TV here, as I bought one in 2009 from them and had to send it to a friend in Scotland first.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Berty wrote: »
    Filled in the form on your website.

Me too - 3 days ago. No reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi All,

Ciara from DPD Parcel Wizard here! Sorry we were not able to reply directly to you until now. Do feel free to send us your queries and comments. We would love to get some feedback on our new service!

Received a delivery using the Parcel Wizard service the other day. Impressed with the quick delivery, but we didn't get a text with the delivery time. I tracked it online though and found out what time it would be here at. Also disappointed at the lack of wizard hat. :pac:

Due another delivery tomorrow so we'll see if the text arrives.

Advertisement