Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I forgot address change means delivery date change but last time I did it the driver delivered to the new address the same day anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

Hi there I was due a delivery from dpd today,its an Amazon package.however on my Amazon my tracking says that I requested to have the package delivered another day.this is not true I was waiting for my package all day.can someone who had a similar experience with dpd tell me their outcome?thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

To be honest I have never had an issue with DPD. I wonder if someone else had a similar number and entered yours in error.

Did you get a text/email with the drivers name and phone number? If you did I would give them a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

lauraww wrote: »
    Hi there I was due a delivery from dpd today,its an Amazon package.however on my Amazon my tracking says that I requested to have the package delivered another day.this is not true I was waiting for my package all day.can someone who had a similar experience with dpd tell me their outcome?thank you

That is an odd one and I think Miaireland is right. Only thing I can think of is a random mistyping of a tracking number.

You should be able to use your tracking number to reschedule it or phone the local depot.

DPD around here is first class.

I've never had an Amazon package delivered by anyone but An Post. Is it DPDor o because of the size or from a seller in the Amazon Marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good saving from buying this from VidaXL in the UK Vs Ireland:

UK: https://www.vidaxl.co.uk/e/4029494116505/fmd-chest-cabinet-with-2-doors-white-and-grey
    IE: https://www.vidaxl.ie/e/4029494116505/fmd-chest-cabinet-with-2-doors-white-and-grey

Asked VidaXL for packaging dimensions (weight should be good as indicated as 20kg elsewhere) and they replied with: 91.1 x 39.9 x 12.3 cm (L x W x H).

Worth the order d'ya think or would the height exceeding 60cm take a big chunk from any saving I might make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Do they accept deliveries on a Saturday? I know I won't get notified until next week but would the parcel be safe in their warehouse or whatever? Just got notified by royal mail that the parcel was successfully delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Do they accept deliveries on a Saturday? I know I won't get notified until next week but would the parcel be safe in their warehouse or whatever? Just got notified by royal mail that the parcel was successfully delivered.

Yes, your parcel should be fine, have used PW 4/5 times last 3 weeks, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Would well be Wednesday before the delivery shows up as received in their portal though. In my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Would well be Wednesday before the delivery shows up as received in their portal though. In my experience anyway.

Just got the text :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

Hello

I am having a nightmare with DPD. A package (contents cost c. €400) was due to be delivered last Thursday. We checked on the online tracker that evening and it said there wasn't anyone at home when the driver tried to deliver the package (I assume it needs to be signed for) - fair enough, we might not have heard the door.

We rescheduled for the next day (last Friday), however, on Friday evening we checked online and it said the package was delivered but we didn't get anything. I contacted DPD on Saturday morning and drove out to the depot. They told me the driver can't remember if he left in in a neighbours house or delivered to the wrong address. I checked with my next door neighbours and none of them received anything (we are on good terms so I don't see a reason why they would lie).

I contacted the office multiple times today and they kept reaching out to the driver who said multiple times at this stage that he will get in touch with me or come over to the house to "re-trace his steps". I am yet to hear from him. I asked the office if they could tell who signed for the delivery and they said somehow, the tracker was updated from the office rather than the driver, which to them is odd.

I am just wondering, if it turns out that the package has been lost, can I get my money back from DPD or what should I do in this situation.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did you organise it through Parcel Wizard, or did the sender organise the shipment through DPD? If its organised by the sender, get onto them, and let them sort it out with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lucylou2020

I have had the same issue. Two parcels have disappeared on me in past three weeks. I never got a text message in both cases either but tracking showing parcel out for delivery but returned numerous times due to no one being home yet I was home all of the time. First parcel was supposedly signed by a neighbour half a mile away who when contacted knew nothing about parcel. Store I purchased from had to refund me.
    Another parcel which was due two weeks ago is showing as delivered on Friday last and signed for by initials. Not even a name! Parcel shows as being out for delivery and returned numerous times although I was home at all times again. Second parcel missing and anonymously signed for in the space of two weeks. Where do I stand now? I'm assuming that it would be the same delivery driver in both cases. A case of vanishing parcels it looks like!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have had the same issue. Two parcels have disappeared on me in past three weeks. I never got a text message in both cases either but tracking showing parcel out for delivery but returned numerous times due to no one being home yet I was home all of the time. First parcel was supposedly signed by a neighbour half a mile away who when contacted knew nothing about parcel. Store I purchased from had to refund me.
    Another parcel which was due two weeks ago is showing as delivered on Friday last and signed for by initials. Not even a name! Parcel shows as being out for delivery and returned numerous times although I was home at all times again. Second parcel missing and anonymously signed for in the space of two weeks. Where do I stand now? I'm assuming that it would be the same delivery driver in both cases. A case of vanishing parcels it looks like!

Get on to the sender and tell them it hasn’t been delivered. If they paid DPD for the service it is up to them to follow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Has anyone successfully managed to contact DPD/Parcel Wizard by phone recently? I has a package delivered to them after 9 yesterday morning by Hermes. No signature due to covid. There's no sign of it on the system. I tried ringing both the Parcel Wizard and DPD phone lines and gave up after being on hold for nearly an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not very recently - it was april/may I rang their Antrim depot and they found a parcel without a PW ID in a matter of minutes. However, similar situation occured 2 months later and after dialling the same number they flushed me down the drain advising to send them an email.

Maybe a lucky shot, maybe depends on who picked up the phone and what mood they're in on that day, don't know. :o

sunbeam wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully managed to contact DPD/Parcel Wizard by phone recently? I has a package delivered to them after 9 yesterday morning by Hermes. No signature due to covid. There's no sign of it on the system. I tried ringing both the Parcel Wizard and DPD phone lines and gave up after being on hold for nearly an hour.

I called them last Friday. I had a delivery due for delivery on Friday, the delivery window passed and it was marked as delivery refused. Called someone at the Athlone office, was through to someone almost straight away. They told me it had been given to the wrong delivery driver, and they would reschedule it for me. Delivery date updated to Monday (yesterday), so I was a bit disappointed at the 3 day delay through their mistake, but it showed up on Saturday - only a one day delay.

That's actually the worst experience I've had with DPD, which goes to show how reliable they've been for me.

I've found them pretty good too apart from that one delivery that took a detour to Parcel Motel for three weeks last year. Hopefully there is just a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

In the same boat, had parcel delivered by hermes at 08:32 yesterday. Sent them an email ,waiting on the reply

I got a reply to my email yesterday afternoon asking me to wait a day and then provide them with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for it.

Thankfully it was scanned in yesterday evening and I received it today. Our new DPD driver has a habit of throwing packages over the garden gate and speeding off, but that is a complaint for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Regardless of whether the package is coming direct or via PW/PM I always shudder when I see that Hermes are delivering it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

DPD nightmare. Three parcels from one order delivered to DPD by Hermes (signature and geolocation scan confirmation). No sign of parcels being delivered to me so after a week I emailed. DPD initially said they did have parcels (after asking for description of contents) and they would be delivered asap. Another few days passed. Then I called DPD customer service, who denied all knowledge of having parcels even when I forwarded them the emails from one of their own service reps. They insist they didn't sign for parcels, DPD rep in the email previously confirmed the signature was a member of staff (just a first name). Items bought off ebay. I'm getting pissed off now but both DPD and Hermes refuse to take any responsibility and I'm out about €130.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

a while back there was huge discussion on ebay forums where sellers were pi$$ed of with hermes, now i get 1 can go missing etc, but 3 in a row makes no sense.

Id say check your PW details on ebay/ paypal invoices to see if it has correct address pw id on em, as even at worst most ebay sellers usually will throw in invoice inside as well.

as had ebay purchase last week, shipped fri- landed mon, delivered next day.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Get on to the sender and tell them it hasn’t been delivered. If they paid DPD for the service it is up to them to follow it up.

and that's not the right advice if it was delivered to PW seller have done their part, DPD directly operate a bit different thou- and if seller used that then yes they would be responsible, as you can track item minute it gets picked up, so little place for it to disappear, as ordered some stuff within ire during lockdown which was shipped via DPD, and item would even show up on PW site, even thou not using pw id, but they would link name to parcel wizard account which i found a neat feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

We get 2-7 parcels a week via DPD, many from ebay. These are the only missing ones. I've also bought from the same seller and the stuff arrived no problem. Just feel like I'm at a dead end now

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

I ordered something and got an email saying DPD was due to deliver today. I was out at work and there was no delivery. If they miss a delivery do they leave a note like An Post do?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Marcos wrote: »
    I ordered something and got an email saying DPD was due to deliver today. I was out at work and there was no delivery. If they miss a delivery do they leave a note like An Post do?

Was that a email with a time slot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yes - the odd time I’ve missed one they’ve left a note to say it was in the green bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

as another user said depends if you got time slot on the morning of delivery. if not possible its due for next day, or youll need to re-schedule etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

No timeslot,

just an email from the company that had a link to the DPD app.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

No timeslot,

just an email from the company that had a link to the DPD app.

I find if I don’t get email with time slot I don’t get it that day,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Hi
    DPD lost my watch and say their insurance doesn't cover jewelry.

I'd be ok if it was damaged and they don't cover damage for things like watches and ceramics.

But they lost this parcel.

Do I have any comeback?

Thanks

Advertisement