Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Have 2 parcels delivered on Saturday - No updates from them which is strange generally i have update by afternoon on delivery next day ! Anyone else on same boat ?

Generally, deliveries that come in on Saturdays only get notified on Monday anytime up to 8pm during busy periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Have 2 parcels delivered on Saturday - No updates from them which is strange generally i have update by afternoon on delivery next day ! Anyone else on same boat ?
    mine delivered to pw on sat ,got text late afternoon, message on sunday for next day delivery, and today had txt 1hr window and delivered on time.

since as said couple posts back would see dpd in my estate every morning dropping of packages, so they are def around, as with NI in lockdown was expecting to have delays but went smooth, this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got the texts around 6 pm..sorted..love the service

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Didn't hear of that.

Hopefully they are investing in their Customer Service dept. A few people that would answer phones would be nice.

I'm on hold to them again (36th in the queue!) as I type, as I have been for much of this morning.

Parcel was supposed to be delivered Friday but had defaulted to my previous employer's address. Fair enough, I'll just change it on the website/app then - nope. Both broken/crash when trying to pick my Home, but managed to get it set to go to the local shop

Was supposed to be delivered yesterday afternoon so called down in the evening.. no sign

Rang this morning - first girl after 10 mins was rude and couldn't get me off the phone fast enough but without resolving the issue.

20 mins to the main number got me a better response who said she'd call the depot (who I tried also but it goes to what sounds like a silent voicemail after one ring) and come back to me

I check the site again now and .. it's going back to my previous employer!

Has anyone got a main switchboard/head office number that doesn't just redirect to "customer service"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Update to the above...

After 45 mins (during which the website updated to say it'd been delivered to my last job), I finally got through to someone who took ownership of the issue, tracked the package down and called me back twice to confirm I received it and all good.

It should NOT have been that hard though. I won't be using them again TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Update to the above...

After 45 mins (during which the website updated to say it'd been delivered to my last job), I finally got through to someone who took ownership of the issue, tracked the package down and called me back twice to confirm I received it and all good.

Better than me going to parcel motel depot and looking for parcel myself coz no one could trace it !

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

My parcel was delivered to DPD on thursday, amazon tracking just says handed to resident. As far as Amazon are concerned they delivered it and dpd say they can't find it. This is the second time this has happened to me. I was lucky first time amazon refunded me but not this time. So annoying to be out of pocket.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its worth noting every now and again that things are regularly incorrectly delivered to PW when its should be PM and vice versa. It can take weeks for them to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its worth noting every now and again that things are regularly incorrectly delivered to PW when its should be PM and vice versa. It can take weeks for them to sort it out.

That's good to hear, maybe it'll turn up at some point!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My parcel ended up back at depot after I had to rearrange for a pickup point and it's not left there despite being assured they'd deliver it today.

They've had it over a week, and it's something quite important

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

First time using these delivery services. Ordered two items, one using Parcel Wizard, the other using Address Pal.

Picked up the address pal delivery from the local post office today.

For the parcel wizard delivery, I received a text Monday morning saying there has been a delay and it will be delivered to the shop I chose on Tuesday. Still nothing on Thursday, has a status of 'held at depot'. Contacted agent through live chat who 'rescheduled the delivery' to tomorrow for me. Wonder how long it would have sat there if I didn't contact anyone.

accensi0n wrote: »
    First time using these delivery services. Ordered two items, one using Parcel Wizard, the other using Address Pal.

Picked up the address pal delivery from the local post office today.

For the parcel wizard delivery, I received a text Monday morning saying there has been a delay and it will be delivered to the shop I chose on Tuesday. Still nothing on Thursday, has a status of 'held at depot'. Contacted agent through live chat who 'rescheduled the delivery' to tomorrow for me. Wonder how long it would have sat there if I didn't contact anyone.

FYI, mine was also rescheduled for delivery. Delivery hasn't happened. Tis my first time in a while using PW, and first bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Anyone know what “cancelled OFD scan” means for the parcel?

I know that OFD is Out For Delivery but and I assume the OFD Scan is when the parcel is being put on the van but why Would it be cancelled?

Does this mean the driver put it back for some reason ? Or could it mean that it went on the van put a hiccup in the scan means I’m not getting anymore updates like delivery window?

Weepsie wrote: »
    FYI, mine was also rescheduled for delivery. Delivery hasn't happened. Tis my first time in a while using PW, and first bad experience.

Mine never left depot 8 who don't deliver to my area. They made an exception to let me collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Update to the above...

What number did you use to call them? I'm waiting for a package posted on 14/10 which has not been scanned yet-Royal Mail no tracking. I'm wondering if the seller left my identifier off the package. I cannot get through to anyone on the Parcel Wizard contact number and sent them an email two days ago that has not been answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

I bought some items on Amazon prime day (not cheap 😬), that were signed for at parcel wizard on the 15th of October but I have heard nothing since, no replies to emails or anything, is it unusual for items to be this late? Does anyone know an easier way to contact them?

JesusRef wrote: »
    I bought some items on Amazon prime day (not cheap ��), that were signed for at parcel wizard on the 15th of October but I have heard nothing since, no replies to emails or anything, is it unusual for items to be this late? Does anyone know an easier way to contact them?
    10 days id be worried tbf, and not much can be done if they didnt scan items in, you can go to dpd website and onto live chat but without their assigned number you issue will fall on deaf ears, check PW contact info for their phone number, or try email, as email worked well for me in the past once you have conversation rolling. but given such delay you would def want to ring someone to look for parcels by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I ordered a package from outside the EU. Its at the Belfast depot since the 13th oct. Awaiting custom charges payment. I have emailed them twice now with no reply. Nobody has contacted me. Is this the norm?

I ordered a package from outside the EU. Its at the Belfast depot since the 13th oct. Awaiting custom charges payment. I have emailed them twice now with no reply. Nobody has contacted me. Is this the norm?
    as im aware they dont accept packages with vat or outside eu. that said if they signed for it they might be holding off, best bet would be to call and see what way you can pay em.

edit: if customs have it they def wont accept nor pay for it, id say lookup number for NI customs office to get paid and released to PW.
    as pretty sure they state on their site they dont accept any packages with vat or outside eu, so def letter from customs would be ignored by Parcel wizard or dpd.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not sure if anyone has an answer but here goes.

I'm looking to order a product through amazon but the weight exceeds the 20kg limit on the parcel wizard service. I've emailed, awaiting a response so just thought I'd ask if anyone knows if they'll make an exception, say for an extra charge. I'm caught as the product is not delivered directly to Republic, I use the virtual address in the North. Package is 112kg, packaging not bulky, just a weight issue, Modular Stairs. Thanks if anyone as any idea's.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has an answer but here goes.

I'm looking to order a product through amazon but the weight exceeds the 20kg limit on the parcel wizard service. I've emailed, awaiting a response so just thought I'd ask if anyone knows if they'll make an exception, say for an extra charge. I'm caught as the product is not delivered directly to Republic, I use the virtual address in the North. Package is 112kg, packaging not bulky, just a weight issue, Modular Stairs. Thanks if anyone as any idea's.

Entered weight and rather big package dimensions on parcel motel. Price 63 euro. Do you know exact package dimensions as might be over. Price increases greately as the package dimension goes up. Max seems to be 140 euro for 112kg, 200cm x 60 x 60

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

spix wrote: »
    Entered weight and rather big package dimensions on parcel motel. Price 63 euro. Do you know exact package dimensions as might be over. Price increases greately as the package dimension goes up. Max seems to be 140 euro for 112kg, 200cm x 60 x 60

Thanks for that, contacted the company directly, as an exception I'm ordering directly and at additional cost they'll deliver directly.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

arrived in Newtownabbey last Thursday , still not appearing on their system , first time ever having a delay this long , two more have arrived since in the north , hopefully they will show up soon .

on to them on chat now and they are telling me i did not top up , im looking at my account and theres over 11 euro there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I was thinking of using DPD to deliver a phone to my house but having scanned through the last few pages I think I’ll stick with PM :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

my parcels have magically appeared , but my latest topup is still not showing up , still I suppose it will be there by black friday , back adding to my wish list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

L'prof wrote: »
    I was thinking of using DPD to deliver a phone to my house but having scanned through the last few pages I think I’ll stick with PM :eek:

DPD definitely losing his reputation. Not helping that most parcels I receive with them (outside parcel wizard) are always in worse condition than other couriers, look like they're thrown around the place, boxes tore, drove over etc

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Just curious.. what's the latest time anyone's got a message from Dpd to tell you they've received your latest parcel.I have something delivered to them today and the latest I've gotten a text is just before 6

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Now missing 5 parcels, giving up on DPD I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Have to say my DPD driver is fantastic. Two deliveries in last 3 days, all on time. Parcel collected Friday, arrived in southern Germany Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Just curious.. what's the latest time anyone's got a message from Dpd to tell you they've received your latest parcel.I have something delivered to them today and the latest I've gotten a text is just before 6

8pm (around Black Friday/Christmas time)

Advertisement