Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Makhnovist

Parcel wizard signed for my parcel over 6 days ago but it only went up on the system and my account 2 days ago after I emailed them. It had a delivery date for yesterday but tracking says its still in the warehouse, the manage my delivery option is broken for me as well. I have a package being delivered by them today that I ordered yesterday I wonder is it too much to hope that my other package will arrive with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Makhnovist wrote: »
    Parcel wizard signed for my parcel over 6 days ago but it only went up on the system and my account 2 days ago after I emailed them. It had a delivery date for yesterday but tracking says its still in the warehouse, the manage my delivery option is broken for me as well. I have a package being delivered by them today that I ordered yesterday I wonder is it too much to hope that my other package will arrive with that

they delivered an small parcel to me today which they received on Wednesday
    Yet the parcel they received last Tuesday week is still pending ,and an post is up the walls ,just told by my postman that they are way behind and the local sorting office is full of undelivered parcels , they are working Saturday s to help clear it

ah ok I was thinking it might be something like that, never had any issues with Parcel wizard before.
    I just asked on live chat and they raised it with the depot, Monday is the delivery day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Recently spoke to driver serving my area. He said he wish they're only that busy like pre-xmas time. It's far busier now, so no surprise there are delays. The parcel I'm waiting for was initially due for delivery on 29th, as of today still "in transit". I'll wait. :cool:

dpd are out bright and early this morning ,got another at 8.30 ,2 down one to go .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

joujoujou wrote: »
    Recently spoke to driver serving my area. He said he wish they're only that busy like pre-xmas time. It's far busier now, so no surprise there are delays. The parcel I'm waiting for was initially due for delivery on 29th, as of today still "in transit". I'll wait. :cool:
    not surprised to be fair amount of people shopping online must be mental, and nothing short of it feeling like xmas boom, i see nightline,dpd,ups around estate multiple times a day.

my last order few weeks back went without any delays, but giving PW a break, as ordered phone and few other bits online, and seriously wouldn't want any further delays as amazon seems slow as is, to add on top where id need to go looking for parcels when value exceeds well over 100e on items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

PM increasing price to 4.50 lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

After several hours of listening to more depressing music on hold on the phone, I got on to live chat last Tuesday. They confirmed that my item had been received the previous week without my PW number. I received it on Wednesday.

Today I received a response to the email I sent about the item on the 22nd, asking me if my query had been resolved. No mention of them checking their databases or trying to do anything themselves to resolve it.

I don't know about more drivers, but they definitely need more customer service staff and a better and more joined up system for resolving queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    [...] The parcel I'm waiting for was initially due for delivery on 29th, as of today still "in transit". I'll wait. :cool:

Delivered 6 hours ago. :)

Still on to live chat today, trying to tell they sent me an email saying it has been delivered even though it hasnt been and they never sent me an email haha, Im in for a long day with them I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

My item was delivered and arrived at the hub on 22/10 and when I never got it last week I got in contact on Twitter. They said they would initiate a search and trace which can take up to 9 days.

Has anyone ever encountered this and had success in finding a parcel?

henke wrote: »
    My item was delivered and arrived at the hub on 22/10 and when I never got it last week I got in contact on Twitter. They said they would initiate a search and trace which can take up to 9 days.

mine was delivered to the hub on the 23/10 , they got it in Athlone on Sunday 1st of November , rang the local depot and was told I should have it tomorrow .

My parcel arrived at the hub on the 24/10 and is finally arriving today after I called them yesterday. I'd say if you have the time then give them a call but be prepared to wait I was on hold for an hour before I got through to anyone yesterday

Yeah called them there but they just see what I see and there is no update and they will hand it over to Parcel Wizard. I don't know what their success rate is at finding missing parcels.

Yeah called them there but they just see what I see and there is no update and they will hand it over to Parcel Wizard. I don't know what their success rate is at finding missing parcels.
    seems common issue that either parcels dont have proper pw id on them or dunno, as ordered something local and went trough overnight same way with sms messages emails as it would on PW, only difference once scanned never had issue where parcel would go missing, delays yeah but seems issue on NI side where either backlogs or parcels get put aside and never assigned tracking number that always results either in delays or people having to phone email them.

scamalert wrote: »
    seems common issue that either parcels dont have proper pw id on them or dunno, as ordered something local and went trough overnight same way with sms messages emails as it would on PW, only difference once scanned never had issue where parcel would go missing, delays yeah but seems issue on NI side where either backlogs or parcels get put aside and never assigned tracking number that always results either in delays or people having to phone email them.
    This is the first time I have had bother with PW. I assume the correct ID was on the package as it was scanned in I got a tracking number and text but then no movement since. Anyway, will see is there any movement and if I don't hear might call Friday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Has the app disappeared, got a new phone and the app didn't install, went to the play store and couldn't find it. It's still on my old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

Just to give some balance; I've been using them for a couple of years and have probably had 50+ successful deliveries. They lost a package on the way to me last month, were super slow to acknowledge and escalate it but, in fairness, have now refunded the cost of the item.

It was a low value item (£20) and took 6+ weeks in total to resolve, but given the lack of any issues until now I'm going to stick with them and hope that this was the exception rather than the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I have to say I've had positive experiences with them lately but that was only after some really pathetic attempts at delivering a parcel. Our relationship started off bad right away when our local DPD delivery guy just simply couldn't be bothered to stop at our house but would habitually drive past us claiming he was "unable to get to the premises". I had spent all day sitting right next to the window observing the area and can claim there was not a minute someone wasn't looking out to see every passing car, person and dog. It took several attempts at contacting them, sending a bunch of messages on various platforms to reach them and finally have the parcels delivered. It usually took two attempts each time to get the parcel.

The last straw was when the delivery guy arrived one time stealthily like a ninja, didn't knock but I could hear some rustling near our waste bins so I leaped to the door like a panther and caught him red-faced mumbling something about a "gate code not fitting our front door" (which any idiot knows hasn't got any sort of number panel). He seemed a bit drunk to be honest which wasn't the first time. He basically ran off to his car while I found the parcel behind the bins and could see that the package had been sliced open from the side and hastily taped shut again with some DPD packing tape. Turns out half the items were Mod-<SNIP>missing from the parcel. I complained, got a bunch of mumbling answers from the customer service and not really even an apology. Not a refund or nothing. They basically promised to "look for the parcel at their depot" but I never heard from them. Luckily the store offered to give me a refund.

Next time I ordered and the delivery was through DPD I noticed that there was a new guy delivering the parcel - without problems I might add. After that, I've never seen the guy again who gave me so much trouble. In fact, things have improved considerably and the parcels arrive at first try and instead of being thrown at me, they are handed to me.

As for their app, it's still completely useless. Never shows any parcels due and doesn't give me any estimates on delivery time. It worked maybe once in the space of two years that I've used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Yeah, sorry for the allegations, no names mentioned though or anything. To be fair half the stuff was in the parcel. However it had not been sliced open by accident, all parties agreed it was neatly opened for whatever reason by cutting straight to the line and half of the stuff not there anymore. Store said both items there when it left their premises. I guess I should be grateful I got half the stuff. Would love to know what happened though! Maybe sports clothing looks suspicious in a parcel, I don't know.

Well, all is well now. All I know is the people working there now have been extremely pleasant to deal with.

• Advertisement

DPD have informed me they cannot find my parcel and will process a claim. Inconvenient so will see how this goes and how long it takes.

finally got my delivery , two weeks after delivery up north

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Has anyone had a password protected delivery handled by ParcelWizard?

I have an order on Amazon, and they said they will send me a one-time password that I have to tell the driver in order to get the parcel. This is how it works.

I don't suppose there's any way to tell DPD this password on the day of the delivery, is there?

JoyPad wrote: »
    Has anyone had a password protected delivery handled by ParcelWizard?

I have an order on Amazon, and they said they will send me a one-time password that I have to tell the driver in order to get the parcel. This is how it works.

I don't suppose there's any way to tell DPD this password on the day of the delivery, is there?
    never seen that before guessing high value item to use specific pin. that said given that you will have narrow window for the pin, that someone has to communicate that to NI parcel depo to watch out for on the day, really doubt it as you pay under 4 euro for their service, where there could be easily 2-5 people working and signing trough the day. only option i see if the driver would call you to confirm the pin, and then it would be handed over to PW.
    Worst case prob will be returned to amazon, so no lose on that. but really for such instances youd wanna order to your house or workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

My parcel that went missing two weeks hasn't shown up and another parcel was delivered to them on Saturday morning seems to be missing too. I've used them for years with no issues until now. It's hard to get anywhere with sender, saturdays was delivered by royal mail and they don't seem to have got a signature. As far as sender is concerned it's been delivered, ugh so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

redmissb wrote: »
    My parcel that went missing two weeks hasn't shown up and another parcel was delivered to them on Saturday morning seems to be missing too. I've used them for years with no issues until now. It's hard to get anywhere with sender, saturdays was delivered by royal mail and they don't seem to have got a signature. As far as sender is concerned it's been delivered, ugh so annoying.
    Also have a missing package (phone ~ €400) that was delivered Saturday by royal mail. Have contacting DPD support and they're looking for "Signature" even though DPD themselves (nor anyoneelse) arent taking signatures at the moment. From the sellers POV they have proof-of-delivery. Googling around and seems to be common enough issue with pw at the moment :mad:

As far as sender is concerned it's been delivered, ugh so annoying.

how or why would the seller be responsible in your case if PW lost it :confused: dont get this mentality, where seller goes out of the pocket because they delivered to address you gave them to :cool:

scamalert wrote: »
    how or why would the seller be responsible in your case if PW lost it :confused: dont get this mentality, where seller goes out of the pocket because they delivered to address you gave them to :cool:

What mentality? I never said the sender was responsible? I meant that it makes it hard to get anywhere when the sender have delivered it without a signature and PW won't do anything without a signature. I was referring to losing two parcels and difficulty doing anything about as being annoying:cool:

Also have a missing package (phone ~ €400) that was delivered Saturday by royal mail. Have contacting DPD support and they're looking for "Signature" even though DPD themselves (nor anyoneelse) arent taking signatures at the moment. From the sellers POV they have proof-of-delivery. Googling around and seems to be common enough issue with pw at the moment :mad:

Oh no I hope it turns up, it's very frustrating, especially when it's something so expensive.

• Advertisement

What mentality? I never said the sender was responsible? I meant that it makes it hard to get anywhere when the sender have delivered it without a signature and PW won't do anything without a signature. I was referring to losing two parcels and difficulty doing anything about as being annoying:cool:
    relax not attacking you, pointing the obvious if it was sent tracked and shows as delivered why would buyer be at fault if no one takes signatures atm :confused:.

had lost parcel early this year that was signed by dpd and never put on system and they coudnt care less about if it was tracked or not :cool:

in other words they have good record for me, but i dont use them anymore for anything above 50quid and if i dont care when it will be delivered, as an post comes out cheaper and generally no chance it will be lost, for the simple reason you suffer now since if item goes missing they will do bare minimum, and their cover is only what 100-150 if you battle em for 3 months to get it simply aint worth the headache.

Advertisement