Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

sunbeam wrote: »
    I'm very surprised they haven't. I didn't receive any email from them either.

Edit: I just asked on live chat and they confirmed that the service will indeed be ending on December 11th.

No email here either. How many people will be oblivious and order stuff through them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Kamili wrote: »
    No email here either. How many people will be oblivious and order stuff through them anyway?

Wouldn't risk it, especially for high value items.

Still I'm supposedely not aware of this happening as i have not being informed through official communication channels so I'll keep ordering until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

j4vier wrote: »
    Wouldn't risk it, especially for high value items.

Still I'm supposedely not aware of this happening as i have not being informed through official communication channels so I'll keep ordering until then!

I wouldn't risk it either but what I'm saying is that many people will order unawares the service won't accept delivery from the 11th December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Hi..

I have credit in my DPD account.

As they are no use for UK delivery anymore, can this be refunded?

Hi..

I have credit in my DPD account.

As they are no use for UK delivery anymore, can this be refunded?

"If you have an unused balance on your Virtual Address account after the service ceases, this will be refunded directly to you via SagePay before the end of January 2021. You don't need to take any action - the refund will be automated."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm flabbergasted they haven't emailed everyone - I'm a very heavy user of the service and it'll impact me big time - yet I only heard about it on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Getting my last UK delivery tomorrow of firetv 4k stick....will make my credit to 0 as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭tscul32

Raging here. We got the email and rang them because we've something ordered 6 weeks ago from Japan. Supposed to be here end of this month but no guarantee. Asked what happens if it arrives after 11th. Told it'll be sent back to Japan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

tscul32 wrote: »
    Raging here. We got the email and rang them because we've something ordered 6 weeks ago from Japan. Supposed to be here end of this month but no guarantee. Asked what happens if it arrives after 11th. Told it'll be sent back to Japan!!
    do people never read their T&Cs :cool: PW does not accept packages from outside EU, has been like that since they have setup- they wont accept any packages where vat/customs is due, even without brexit it would either end up sitting at NI customs or refused.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 467 ✭✭TetraSonic55

scamalert wrote: »
    do people never read their T&Cs :cool: PW does not accept packages from outside EU, has been like that since they have setup- they wont accept any packages where vat/customs is due, even without brexit it would either end up sitting at NI customs or refused.

I've had plenty of items come from outside the EU and not one of them were declined

• Advertisement

We do usually look through t&CS but given that we registered with the when they started many years ago and were looking for uk deliveries it wouldn't have registered with us that outside EU was excluded. So them closing may not affect us either way. It was under €20 worth anyhow so no major loss. We'll just wait and see.

I've had plenty of items come from outside the EU and not one of them were declined

Good to know, thanks

tscul32 wrote: »
    We do usually look through t&CS but given that we registered with the when they started many years ago and were looking for uk deliveries it wouldn't have registered with us that outside EU was excluded. So them closing may not affect us either way. It was under €20 worth anyhow so no major loss. We'll just wait and see.
    i read it only once once registered myself, but as you say if its under 20quid it should be fine then, granted timing isnt perfect but stuff comes in quite fast from Japan, all considered. My point being was that it wouldnt be wise ordering anything with customs/vat due that would require payment in advance- as think few pages back someone did exactly same and found later that it was stuck to be paid for before released to DPD, which makes sense why they had terms in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Wow, I received no email on this either. I actually came on here to ask about a potentially missing package, but this is a shame.

Anyway, on to my issue, are DPD experiencing any delays at the minute? I had a game shipped from eBay which Royal Mail say was delivered last Thursday. I have seen nothing in my PW tracking list, and usually they are very good for me. I'm hoping they haven't lost it. Support is closed so I'll have to get on to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Got an email at 4am saying my package was delayed due to a problem at the spring centre. Anyone know how long this usually adds to delivery? Days the package is in Athlone for Dublin delivery.

brainiac wrote: »
    Wow, I received no email on this either. I actually came on here to ask about a potentially missing package, but this is a shame.

Anyway, on to my issue, are DPD experiencing any delays at the minute? I had a game shipped from eBay which Royal Mail say was delivered last Thursday. I have seen nothing in my PW tracking list, and usually they are very good for me. I'm hoping they haven't lost it. Support is closed so I'll have to get on to them tomorrow.

Got on to them this morning. It seems like Royal Mail delivered it to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard. Now its lost with neither company knowing where it is (PM saying it should have been sent to DPD already, PW saying its no where to be found).

Has anyone experienced this before? Whos even liable at this stage if it doesn't arrive? It was delivered in Newtownabbey on Thursday so its looking unlikely it'll turn up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Got on to them this morning. It seems like Royal Mail delivered it to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard. Now its lost with neither company knowing where it is (PM saying it should have been sent to DPD already, PW saying its no where to be found).

Has anyone experienced this before? Whos even liable at this stage if it doesn't arrive? It was delivered in Newtownabbey on Thursday so its looking unlikely it'll turn up.

It's a fairly regular occurrence. Royal Mail delivered it to the wrong place, they are at fault. It is so manic at these places these days it might be ages before it shows up. It used to take a week or two when it wasn't that busy.

They've finally added a notice about the Virtual Address ceasing on December 11th on the dashboard of the website.

rzu4oKt.jpg

whiterebel wrote: »
    It's a fairly regular occurrence. Royal Mail delivered it to the wrong place, they are at fault. It is so manic at these places these days it might be ages before it shows up. It used to take a week or two when it wasn't that busy.

First time I've ever seen it happen, but I can at least somewhat understand how easy it could be with the depots so close together.

New layer to the problem, Parcel Motel are now saying that the Royal Mail tracking number I gave them is for a completely different package that was sent to them. So now its looking like either the seller gave me the wrong tracking number because he had a few handy to Newtownabbey, or that when it got to PM, despite it having PW credentials, they mislabelled it and sent it on elsewhere. Nightmare.

I've contacted the eBay seller about possibility one. Not sure where to go from here if he says the number is definitely correct.

First time I've ever seen it happen, but I can at least somewhat understand how easy it could be with the depots so close together.

New layer to the problem, Parcel Motel are now saying that the Royal Mail tracking number I gave them is for a completely different package that was sent to them. So now its looking like either the seller gave me the wrong tracking number because he had a few handy to Newtownabbey, or that when it got to PM, despite it having PW credentials, they mislabelled it and sent it on elsewhere. Nightmare.

I've contacted the eBay seller about possibility one. Not sure where to go from here if he says the number is definitely correct.
    best route would be to work with the seller, depending on what type of tracking they used they could open claim with royal, if online signature shows as PM instead of PW, they would theoretically should be able to refund you, and chase RM themselves, as in such case seller is technically responsible as it was delivered to wrong address so they have to rectify the issue, but few pages back seen that theres no signatures collected, so even at worst case you might be able to dispute with PP and win, but give seller a chance first.

• Advertisement

best route would be to work with the seller, depending on what type of tracking they used they could open claim with royal, if online signature shows as PM instead of PW, they would theoretically should be able to refund you, and chase RM themselves, as in such case seller is technically responsible as it was delivered to wrong address so they have to rectify the issue, but few pages back seen that theres no signatures collected, so even at worst case you might be able to dispute with PP and win, but give seller a chance first.

Yeah, that's the plan at the minute, seller seems genuine enough so we'll see what happens. The "signature" was a squiggle but the initials were PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Royal Mail delivered a parcel to Parcel Motel that i ordered to Parcel Wizard.
    Anyone had this before?

I've got onto PM with details hopefully they can either sent it on to me as i have an account with them already or sent it to dpd.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Royal Mail delivered a parcel to Parcel Motel that i ordered to Parcel Wizard.
    Anyone had this before?

I've got onto PM with details hopefully they can either sent it on to me as i have an account with them already or sent it to dpd.

Same as me above then, have they found yours? It seems like mine got lost with PM. Let me know how you get on. I reckon it was one delivery driver last Thursday did a whole accidental drop to PM.

Nightline admitted they essentially took the parcel and sent it to a PM customer instead of me by mistake. They refuse to accept liability though because it shouldn't have come to them in the first place, even though they sent it on to someone they shouldn't have. Surely that can't be right? Its clearly both RM and PM's faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It's both RM and PM's faults, that's correct. Another PM's fault is, they processed a parcel they were not entitled to.

joujoujou wrote: »
    It's both RM and PM's faults, that's correct. Another PM's fault is, they processed a parcel they were not entitled to.

PM (at least the first agent I talked to) refuse to be held liable for their end of the mistake and are pushing it all on RM. Does anyone have any experience with getting a refund from them in any kind of similar scenario? Or any way of getting on to a member of management directly?

(Also, I recognise that this has now become about PM in the PW thread, mods please do move if you think it's best, but this started off as a DPD issue xD).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

PM (at least the first agent I talked to) refuse to be held liable for their end of the mistake and are pushing it all on RM. Does anyone have any experience with getting a refund from them in any kind of similar scenario? Or any way of getting on to a member of management directly?

(Also, I recognise that this has now become about PM in the PW thread, mods please do move if you think it's best, but this started off as a DPD issue xD).

Would it not be Royal Mail's fault for delivering to the wrong address? Normally if the courier delivers the item to the wrong address it is up to the seller to claim with them.

VG31 wrote: »
    Would it not be Royal Mail's fault for delivering to the wrong address? Normally if the courier delivers the item to the wrong address it is up to the seller to claim with them.

Trying to convince the eBay seller to contact Royal Mail but he doesn't seem to understand how I know it went to the wrong place. But yeah, you reckon RM are the only liable ones despite PM making major mistakes too in sending something out they shouldn't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Kremin wrote: »
    Got an email at 4am saying my package was delayed due to a problem at the spring centre. Anyone know how long this usually adds to delivery? Days the package is in Athlone for Dublin delivery.

Got a similar email around 4am this morning, saying that my parcel (due for delivery today) was delayed due to an issue in “my area” (i live in Athlone). The odd thing is that when i went to the actual tracking page, it was last scanned this morning in Birmingham??

Anyway, they said they would send an update within 24 hours, so we’ll see where it is tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Tails142

Wow, can't believe parcel wizard uk virtual address is coming to an end. End of an era, use it a good bit, will be sorry to see it go. Damn you brexit.

Can't believe they haven't emailed us about it either, Dec 11th is pretty soon too. Only heard about it on a bargain alerts thread.

Advertisement