Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It seems weird that Parcel Wizard is closing down but none of the other ones are.

Really annoying as I preferred PW to the lot of them and they were handy for bringing wine in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Getting my last UK delivery tomorrow of firetv 4k stick....will make my credit to 0 as well !
    Snap!:D Tomorrow intsead of the original date - Dec20th!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hogzy wrote: »
    It seems weird that Parcel Wizard is closing down but none of the other ones are.

Really annoying as I preferred PW to the lot of them and they were handy for bringing wine in.
    dpd will still be fully operational issue lies with customs clearance, thus making NI address not usefull anymore as either way items will pass trough customs be it in house or trough an post hubs, so not really viable to keep operations base in NI. guessing PM dont want to take a loss on their lockers which is massive price to scrap, so they will keep the virtual address but reckon demand for their service will trickle down eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Tails142

Parcel motel sort of has a use as a PO box style service if you're out at work and can't accept packages, or live in an apartment etc. with only a postbox for letters so I can still see their business being viable, it wasn't just about the UK virtual address.

I never had much luck with DPD rerouting packages once I got the notification, sometimes they would be addressed to home and I'd try to divert to work but they'd either go missing for days as a result or end up being left with a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Why cant DPD address this problem without closing down PW?

Surly there must be a solution.

It must be a large chunk of their Irish business going down with the tubes

• Advertisement

Why cant DPD address this problem without closing down PW?

Surly there must be a solution.

It must be a large chunk of their Irish business going down with the tubes
    id reckon its the opposite, they invested heavily in depos and warehouses here in last year, NI depo will prob keep operating to serve NI customers. So in theory very little change to their existing service, as everything has use, unlike PM lockers which would be larger lose to abandon.

as it simply cant work, if theres say 2-3 days delay now on average when item is delivered to NI and then here, after brexit it would be 2-3 days and then up to a week in customs here. so its unnecessary solution that would only work as negative for them to keep running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Just saw this on the website now - virtual address ceasing due to Brexit
    I'm wondering if address pal will follow???

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

There are stickies for both services at the top of the forum where these are being discussed. AddressPal are continuing their service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I just received a package today from Amazon via Parcel Wizard (first time using them! ). The goods are damaged. I'm sure it's been asked a million times on here, but where do I stand with this? Do Amazon wipe their hands off it when you use a third party? Any advise would be much appreciated

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I just received a package today from Amazon via Parcel Wizard (first time using them! ). The goods are damaged. I'm sure it's been asked a million times on here, but where do I stand with this? Do Amazon wipe their hands off it when you use a third party? Any advise would be much appreciated

This is the difficulty, proving where it happened. IF PW were signing for things in NI, you would expect them to note damage. Problem is, it comes in big cages, and they may not see damage. I had one a couple of months back, that was sealed with DPD tape at both ends, which they agreed that they had damaged and lost half the contents. It was only low value, so they paid up without a quibble. Contact PW and ask them if they are aware it was damaged on delivery and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Parcel Wizard need to do a lot more on the communications of this, its 2 weeks tomorrow and so many people aren't aware. Nevermind that its peak season.

Its added to the site, but most people have no reason to login once setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭mikeecho

How will people with credit on the parcel Wizard site get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

mikeecho wrote: »
    How will people with credit on the parcel Wizard site get a refund?

says they are refunding you by end January

says they are refunding you by end January

Doesn't state exactly how though. Presumably it be via the original payment method...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭maik3n

Davy wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard need to do a lot more on the communications of this, its 2 weeks tomorrow and so many people aren't aware. Nevermind that its peak season.

Its added to the site, but most people have no reason to login once setup.
    Perhaps they are purposely keeping it a bit low key so as not to get absolutely swamped with orders before it closes down.

It could become quite an almighty disaster, lol, what with Christmas coming up and the increased volume they are already probably handling due to Covid lockdown orders. :p

maik3n wrote: »
    Perhaps they are purposely keeping it a bit low key so as not to get absolutely swamped with orders before it closes down.

It could become quite an almighty disaster, lol, what with Christmas coming up and the increased volume they are already probably handling due to Covid lockdown orders. :p

Maybe......if that was the case then they wouldn't have to do refunds (or as many) which can be very time consuming

I was confused for a second as to how I had a thread stickied in this forum when I had never posted a new thread here. :pac:

whiterebel wrote: »
    This is the difficulty, proving where it happened. IF PW were signing for things in NI, you would expect them to note damage. Problem is, it comes in big cages, and they may not see damage. I had one a couple of months back, that was sealed with DPD tape at both ends, which they agreed that they had damaged and lost half the contents. It was only low value, so they paid up without a quibble. Contact PW and ask them if they are aware it was damaged on delivery and see what they say.

I emailed them with photos but they just sent me back the following :

I apologise for the hassle caused, I looked into the tracking of the parcel, we have no option to check whether the parcel was damaged in our network or it was delivered damaged to us.

In this situation I would request you to contact your sender and inform them about it, so they can send you a replacement or provide claim.

The goods were obviously repackaged by DPD, all the original packaging was gone and goods were individually rewrapped in bubblewrap and DPD tape inside a DPD jiffy bag.

maik3n wrote: »

i would thought of the opposite - personally i always check prices/ if item is delivered to ire and then decide if to use dpd or just pick direct option.

as they could announced it way earlier for closing down to avoid mass deliveries/orders, but think there was a bit of hope left in those couple last months that there might be some free trade agreement in place left, where operations could still be viable, which is off the table now completely.
    Since entire brexit mess and drag leaves many businesses still puzzled in terms of how all the goods will be managed after Jan 1st.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I emailed them with photos but they just sent me back the following :

I apologise for the hassle caused, I looked into the tracking of the parcel, we have no option to check whether the parcel was damaged in our network or it was delivered damaged to us.

In this situation I would request you to contact your sender and inform them about it, so they can send you a replacement or provide claim.

The goods were obviously repackaged by DPD, all the original packaging was gone and goods were individually rewrapped in bubblewrap and DPD tape inside a DPD jiffy bag.

This is the problem with using forwarding addresses. For all anyone knows the packaging was disintegrating when they received it into PW. When it started first it was great with photos on arrival etc. It's gone so manic now it's difficult to get back to that.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    This is the problem with using forwarding addresses. For all anyone knows the packaging was disintegrating when they received it into PW. When it started first it was great with photos on arrival etc. It's gone so manic now it's difficult to get back to that.

Looks like I'm left out of pocket on this one, it was a tablet that was a Christmas present too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Looks like I'm left out of pocket on this one, it was a tablet that was a Christmas present too :(

What did Amazon say?

as said above it would be hard to prove where it got damaged, but from personal experience amazon usually refunds or replaces. had a coner sink ordered of em a year back or so, which as ceramics go arrived in pieces- non existent packaging for such item aside handle with care and sorted without issues- thou it was an post.

not saying its a right thing to do- as its unknown at what point item could of been damaged, but contacting amazon and seeing what they can do, wont hurt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

Why would brexit impact on delivering a parcel to the UK within the UK??? Its really weird and they were recruiting 700 new drivers for what??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

swoofer wrote: »
    Why would brexit impact on delivering a parcel to the UK within the UK??? Its really weird and they were recruiting 700 new drivers for what??
    Northern Ireland protocol.

swoofer wrote: »
    wont pretend i know whole policies and politics, but imagine waiting for your parcel extra week once it lands in NI, then getting sent an email for an extra 20quid plus handing delivery fee being 12e and first you have to pay up to get item delivered, that's the route it will most likely take.

also DPD isnt reliable on PW its a small part of their operations when you consider they are major couriers in entire EU just slightly behind likes of DHL, so they will have plenty of business here and in UK once brexit does go trough, but i seriously doubt they will incur any downsides for losing PW.

Now im not stupid and theres def items cheaper that can be gotten from UK and many have a need for collections when they have no clue when item shows up, so guessing in time someone else will fill the gap if theres market for it.

As one way or another it will be stupid to have country in the middle that's not considered part of EU anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Will miss ParcelWizard, got an item delivered today, arrived in their depot in the north yesterday, got text, and got the item this morning.

Always found them more reliable than ParcelMotel tbh. Never really had any issues either with them. Having it delivered to your house for cheaper than Parcel Motel was also a dealbreaker.

crap when someone posted first pic of PW closing i though it said 11th of Jan, as ordered last week and expecting package which seems has been handed to hermes on wed and no track from them since :cool: and logged into my PW just to see actual closing date is 11th of December, not sure why i thought it was January, but understand why people would be upset now, as though well over a month so fair enough, but seeing its actually less then 2 weeks now i can see how someone shopping for gifts could be caught in the mess, following next couple weeks. Maybe mods should put a sticky/or title change up that service is closing down on Dec 11th ?

as might save few people at least, who only visit once in a while.

Mod - there is a sticky there for the last 2 days about the PW closing date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

So one of my parcels "lost" has turned up in Athlone months later but they are refusing to deliver because it contains a battery (it's a set of dog clippers)......I can drive to Athlone and retrieve it apparently.

Advertisement