Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Anyone else getting "Cancelled OFD Scan" in Cork? Second day in a row for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Got a text yesterday evening to say parcel would be delivered between 9 and 10pm. Got up in the morning and it had updated to Delivered - Consignee at midnight. No sign of parcel. When I checked my online account, the map it shows for each delivery has the location miles way from our house (all other deliveries recorded have correct location).

Tried the online chat and they said they would raise it with the depot. I'm assuming I'll probably never see this parcel. I have 2 more en route to Parcel Wizard, hoping they actually make it here and then maybe I can catch the driver when they are being delivered and query it with him.

Very frustrating how difficult it is to find out where your parcel is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi folks just saw this today on the site - real shame I find DPD and our local driver brilliant since PW came out. Had multiple problems and headaches with Nightline and Parcel Motel before PW came along. Address Pal have a very confusing message on their site about it no longer working
    From January 1st 2021 deliveries from the UK are changing due to customs.
    When shopping online use your Home Delivery AddressPal virtual address (see below for address examples).

From this date, your Post Office/Collection Point AddressPal virtual address can no longer be used when importing items.

And PM seem to want at least €8 plus taxes for home delivery so I'm guessing there's no other options right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

So here's my farewell to exceptionally handy service provided by DPD. Last order just delivered to my door, account balance is 0.00 EUR, no other orders due to arrive. Feck you, brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. I went around this morning and removed my DPD Parcel Wizard address from Amazon, Ebay etc.

Worth doing if you haven’t already.

As all it takes is a slip of the finger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hopefully if some sort of Brexit deal is agreed , DPD might reintroduce the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Surely if there's a free trade/no tarrifs etc deal with EU they might relaunch parcel wizard? Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

joujoujou wrote: »
    So here's my farewell to exceptionally handy service provided by DPD. Last order just delivered to my door, account balance is 0.00 EUR, no other orders due to arrive. Feck you, brexit!

I agree. I found PW great over the last few years. The predicted 1hr window was fantastic. Got to know the driver also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭briany

Oh, Parcel Wizard. How much money have you saved me on shipping over the years? Quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

last parcel received last week balance 0, it was good till lasted since the start. but as many said, UK are out now and def wont be any free trades from em anymore as seems EU are fed up with their whining about fishing rights crap and free trade deal has sailed weeks ago if not years. time to get that bowser translation addon for german and spanish amazon/ebay sites, gonna be weird times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭gussieg

got a message saying parcel due to arrive today between 4 and 5 m but it never arrived . it had said in transit but when i logged in again to check, all deliveries past and present had been wiped.
    this was my address to get amazon prime video working , will just have to relocate to adresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭briany

gussieg wrote: »
    got a message saying parcel due to arrive today between 4 and 5 m but it never arrived . it had said in transit but when i logged in again to check, all deliveries past and present had been wiped.
    this was my address to get amazon prime video working , will just have to relocate to adresspal

You may be able to get the tracking number from the email they send out when the parcel is in their system and then track it from the normal DPD tracking page. They shouldn't be allowed to just not deliver the parcel. The virtual address may shut down on the 11th but that's not a reason not to make good on what's already in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Hey, does anyone on here have any experience with an item that was delivered to Parcel Wizard without their PW number on the delivery address. Although I clearly had it on my address, the retailer decided to take it upon themselves to remove that part of the address. The item was delivered but now DPD have no trace of the package. Getting in touch with them is practically impossible. The only success I had was getting through to someone on Twitter but they decided to never write back. I understand they're probably up the walls with endless packages but some sort of help from them would be nice.

In the case that it's never "found" what happens? I presume the retailer will say we delivered it to your chosen address even though they removed the main part of the address, so does DPD accept some responsibility as they could clearly open the package and find a receipt or invoice and make contact with me? I wouldn't mind if it was for a couple of quid but it's to the value of over €110.00.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭gussieg

briany wrote: »
    You may be able to get the tracking number from the email they send out when the parcel is in their system and then track it from the normal DPD tracking page. They shouldn't be allowed to just not deliver the parcel. The virtual address may shut down on the 11th but that's not a reason not to make good on what's already in their system.

I found it today it was a Kodaline cd that fit in the letterbox, hence they didn't bother ringing the doorbell. All's well that ends well. Still will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

shocksy wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone on here have any experience with an item that was delivered to Parcel Wizard without their PW number on the delivery address. Although I clearly had it on my address, the retailer decided to take it upon themselves to remove that part of the address. The item was delivered but now DPD have no trace of the package. Getting in touch with them is practically impossible. The only success I had was getting through to someone on Twitter but they decided to never write back. I understand they're probably up the walls with endless packages but some sort of help from them would be nice.

In the case that it's never "found" what happens? I presume the retailer will say we delivered it to your chosen address even though they removed the main part of the address, so does DPD accept some responsibility as they could clearly open the package and find a receipt or invoice and make contact with me? I wouldn't mind if it was for a couple of quid but it's to the value of over €110.00.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.
    how do you know PW was omitted ? from address, if they sent you an email with invoice and it was removed there then you could argue they didnt deliver to correct address, now since you mention retailer i guess its some uk actual store not online, so if you paid by debit card would be almost impossible to get funds back. if its large retail chain etc you could try to chase it with someone higher via emails.
    as that was my corcern on last order as it was tk max uk, and they didnt allow for PW in name fields, but it in the address field put it in first, and it worked out fine, thus as everything goes retailer in your case shouldn't been allowed to remove PW, since if you were to pay trough likes of paypal and someone would change address even tiny bit, they would have to refund prob same day, as seller would be in the wrong without question.

as far as PW goes, theres a tiny chance it will show up, since as you say they would check on their system, but given time of the year wouldnt expect any time soon. as with last couple weeks sales, id imagine they are dealing with metric tons of deliveries to sort and go trough each day.

scamalert wrote: »
    how do you know PW was omitted ? from address, if they sent you an email with invoice and it was removed there then you could argue they didnt deliver to correct address, now since you mention retailer i guess its some uk actual store not online, so if you paid by debit card would be almost impossible to get funds back. if its large retail chain etc you could try to chase it with someone higher via emails.
    as that was my corcern on last order as it was tk max uk, and they didnt allow for PW in name fields, but it in the address field put it in first, and it worked out fine, thus as everything goes retailer in your case shouldn't been allowed to remove PW, since if you were to pay trough likes of paypal and someone would change address even tiny bit, they would have to refund prob same day, as seller would be in the wrong without question.

as far as PW goes, theres a tiny chance it will show up, since as you say they would check on their system, but given time of the year wouldnt expect any time soon. as with last couple weeks sales, id imagine they are dealing with metric tons of deliveries to sort and go trough each day.

The order was made online. They are a big company who operate online and have stores. I don't know what difference that makes as it was an online order.

I know they left out the PW number because the courier provided the address that was in the label.

I'll have to go the charge back route because this will be a case of the courier and retailer blaming each other.

I have a parcel that was delivered to Parcel Wizard on 29/11, but its not showing on my deliveries. Is it normal for it to take this long to be added?

I've had something else that was delivered to them on 04/12 and that is showing.

Only had money deducted for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have a parcel that was delivered to Parcel Wizard on 29/11, but its not showing on my deliveries. Is it normal for it to take this long to be added?

I've had something else that was delivered to them on 04/12 and that is showing.

Only had money deducted for one.

Was the 29/11 parcel from a retailer you haven't purchased from before?
    If so, its most likely that the PWID is missing from the address label.

Contact PW and give your PWID, parcel sender, tracking number etc and they will match it. Once done, it will be sent through the network next day.

Davy wrote: »
    Was the 29/11 parcel from a retailer you haven't purchased from before?
    If so, its most likely that the PWID is missing from the address label.

Contact PW and give your PWID, parcel sender, tracking number etc and they will match it. Once done, it will be sent through the network next day.

Its possible, I have ordered from them before but can't remember if it was with parcel wizard or just direct. I got on to the live chat and they couldn't find it, so they told me to email all the details to parcel wizard, which I've now done. So hopefully they'll find it.

Strangely enough, I was making a cup of tea and the DPD driver pulled up outside the house, sat there for a few minutes and then drove off again :confused:

Its possible, I have ordered from them before but can't remember if it was with parcel wizard or just direct. I got on to the live chat and they couldn't find it, so they told me to email all the details to parcel wizard, which I've now done. So hopefully they'll find it.

Strangely enough, I was making a cup of tea and the DPD driver pulled up outside the house, sat there for a few minutes and then drove off again :confused:

I had a parcel delivered to them too which also can't be found. The online retailer that I bought from are being of no help and have been absolutely useless throughout this problem even though they're the ones who f**ked up by leaving out the PW number. I understand it's not Parcel Wizard's fault over that, but I wonder do they have a policy in place were if packages arrive with no PW number on the label do they store them in a separate area so it's easier for their staff to track down these lost items that aren't in the system yet. It would seem like a silly situation to have them in with standard packages and then having someone to go through hundreds or thousands of packages to try and locate the missing one.

• Advertisement

I had a parcel delivered to them too which also can't be found. The online retailer that I bought from are being of no help and have been absolutely useless throughout this problem even though they're the ones who f**ked up by leaving out the PW number. I understand it's not Parcel Wizard's fault over that, but I wonder do they have a policy in place were if packages arrive with no PW number on the label do they store them in a separate area so it's easier for their staff to track down these lost items that aren't in the system yet. It would seem like a silly situation to have them in with standard packages and then having someone to go through hundreds or thousands of packages to try and locate the missing one.

You would also think it would be easy enough to locate the correct recipient using the name and address on the parcel.

In fact I'm pretty sure I've received parcels in previous years where the PW number had been left off, but they obviously found me on their system just using my name/address.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

What the PW rep once admitted, they're rarely matching parcels with missing PW number by name (even if unique), more often by phone number (if exists on the label, obviously).

From my own experience, had quite a few parcels with PW number missing, one with badly misspelled name (and no PW), and even one with just DPD's depot address, nothing else. In all cases had to ring/email/chat them myself to get things sorted.

I'm happy to say that Parcel Wizard have just got back to me on Twitter and have found my parcel and matched it to my account. I'm delighted about this as was quite worried about it as the retailer was of no help to me.

Good work from the Parcel Wizard team, so anyone else in my situation there's hope yours will be found too. They're fairly quick to respond on their twitter page which is DPD Ireland if you want to contact them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got notification of my final delivery. Have used them regularly since the start and never had one issue. They will be sorely missed

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lost one

I booked a collection with DPD for tomorrow and assumed that I would get a text with time window just like deliveries but the confirmation email doesn’t mention it.

Will I get an text alert or is it just waiting?

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

I don't think you get a notification for collections, I've had a couple recently (where someone else booked the collection) and the driver just turned up at the door. It's better to have your package ready to go, just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I just remembered today, I pre-ordered a present for someone two months ago that’s due to be released on Wednesday. The address on the order is for Parcel Wizard. I’ve emailed them asking if they have an idea when it’ll be delivered so hopefully they reply. Otherwise there might be trouble D:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

FYI Dpd in their wisdom have decided that eircodes are 7 digits with no spaces.

If your address has a space the last digit is dropped on the electronic delivery form.

The driver will not deliver and wouldn't possibly be able to look at the label on the package,and despite being out for delivery the package will return to depot. You end up havering to contact dpd to get it resolve

M5 wrote: »
    FYI Dpd in their wisdom have decided that eircodes are 7 digits with no spaces.

If your address has a space the last digit is dropped on the electronic delivery form.

The driver will not deliver and wouldn't possibly be able to look at the label on the package,and despite being out for delivery the package will return to depot. You end up havering to contact dpd to get it resolve

That's not true in general as all of my PW deliveries over the past four years have arrived without issue, including two today. My Eircode on PW has eight digits with the space.

You just got unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Waiting for a package since the 30th of November, been rescheduled 3 times, still no sign, number out of service, no response to emails and live chat is a run around.

Advertisement