Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I have a parcel that was delivered to Parcel Wizard on 29/11, but its not showing on my deliveries. Is it normal for it to take this long to be added?

I've had something else that was delivered to them on 04/12 and that is showing.

Only had money deducted for one.

I’m in the same boat.

Parcel was delivered by Amazon.de on the 30/11, still nothing from DPD. Emailed them last week and still no reply.

They were great up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

So are Parcel wizard just going to leave us high and dry come Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Aph2016 wrote: »

I have no idea what's going on but my last Parcel Wizard delivery appeared in my Parcel Motel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I should ha e been clearer in earlier post. The direct amazon delivery. PW works as normal (until Friday ofc)

Likewise, nnever had problems with pw

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat.

Parcel was delivered by Amazon.de on the 30/11, still nothing from DPD. Emailed them last week and still no reply.

They were great up to that.

Update:

Sender hadn’t included the PW ID. Sent an email to PW and they rectified it straight away. Make sure you include the senders shipping ID/tracking code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd imagine that they will continue to forward items for the next 2 weeks, but stop after that .
    I still haven't received an email off them so alot of people wont be aware of the service closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭corkie

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'd imagine that they will continue to forward items for the next 2 weeks, but stop after that .
    I still haven't received an email off them so alot of people wont be aware of the service closing.

"Dear Parcel Wizard Member,

Here's a reminder that our Virtual Address Service will close from December 11th 2020. Don't worry if you already have parcels in transit to the Virtual Address, provided they arrive there by 18th December, they will still be processed.

"

M5 wrote: »
    I should ha e been clearer in earlier post. The direct amazon delivery. PW works as normal (until Friday ofc)

Likewise, nnever had problems with pw

Never had a problem with that either.

UPS, on the hand, frequently say my Amazon orders are missing address components even though they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Update:

Sender hadn’t included the PW ID. Sent an email to PW and they rectified it straight away. Make sure you include the senders shipping ID/tracking code.

how long until they responded to your email?

how long until they responded to your email?

8 minutes. parcelwizard@ dpd.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

corkie wrote: »

Here's a reminder that our Virtual Address Service will close from December 11th 2020. Don't worry if you already have parcels in transit to the Virtual Address, provided they arrive there by 18th December, they will still be processed.

"

I ordered something from Currys UK, last Sunday royal mail only got it today from them. And they're saying it should be delivered on the 12th, so hopefully it doesn't get turned away. I might just email and let them know. But how does it take 9 days to get from Currys to royal mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

"

Thanks for this. I thought all packages had to arrive by Dec 11th! I pre-ordered an item a couple of months back and the company should have dispatched it yesterday. I emailed them today as it’s still processing, and they said it’d be dispatched Dec 11th, so I was panicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

"

Thank you I was coming to ask about this.

I have not used the virtual address service before - is €3.85 no matter the size of the parcel? And I assume €3.85 for each package, not just per delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Thank you I was coming to ask about this.

I have not used the virtual address service before - is €3.85 no matter the size of the parcel? And I assume €3.85 for each package, not just per delivery.

Yes €3.85 no matter the size.Make sure you check dimension's if the item is big.Also yes you pay for each individual package.

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Yes €3.85 no matter the size.Make sure you check dimension's if the item is big.Also yes you pay for each individual package.

Thank You.

It is multiple items with Amazon so no way to tell how big but it is nothing massive.

Amazon don’t have enough address lines so I put “ DPD Parcel Wizard, Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road“ into address line 2 . Is that okay?

Amazon also require a phone number. I used my own mobile m. Is that okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Thank You.

It is multiple items with Amazon so no way to tell how big but it is nothing massive.

Amazon don’t have enough address lines so I put “ DPD Parcel Wizard, Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road“ into address line 2 . Is that okay?

Amazon also require a phone number. I used my own mobile m. Is that okay?

If it’s multiple items and amazon split it you’ll be charged for each delivery
    As long as your PW number is on it and their postcode it should be fine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You do understand that PW is shutting down tomorrow? They will handle goods in transit until the 18th. Amazon may not even ship by then.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You do understand that PW is shutting down tomorrow? They will handle goods in transit until the 18th. Amazon may not even ship by then.

Yes I know it is shutting down but Amazon checkout says the delivery date is 11th to the 16th.

I figured that was okay but it was going to be my next question here.

EDIT: It only dawned on me a few minutes ago what you are telling me. If the service is shutting down tomorrow then the Amazon package would need to be there today or tomorrow - which of course makes sense. My brain is old. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

2 days now of back and forth questions with the parcel wizard team to try and locate my parcel. I told them the tracking said signed for by Brett, and they replied saying "depot 79 has numerous workers". So are they all called Brett then? Then asked for proof of delivery, even though I already gave them the tracking number which has the guys signature showing on it.

It's a pain staking process but hopefully they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

2 days now of back and forth questions with the parcel wizard team to try and locate my parcel. I told them the tracking said signed for by Brett, and they replied saying "depot 79 has numerous workers". So are they all called Brett then? Then asked for proof of delivery, even though I already gave them the tracking number which has the guys signature showing on it.

It's a pain staking process but hopefully they find it.

Looks like mine has suffered the same fate. Never had an issue before. Wonder if some of these staff are finishing up......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

dmc17 wrote: »
    Looks like mine has suffered the same fate. Never had an issue before. Wonder if some of these staff are finishing up......

Mine has become quite a conundrum.

PW couldn't find anything, then I realised the proof of delivery I was given by the sender was for a parcel delivered to PW in 2019 and not even for me!! Sender now gone quiet. But then this morning I get a notification that PW have a delivery for me and my account has been charged. Haven't ordered anything else using PW so it must be the missing item.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

dmc17 wrote: »

The staff won’t be finishing up, the parcel wizard side of things is a small % of their business

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got my last delivery today. A laptop from ao.com so it was an anxious few days.

A few minutes ago I git a text stating “Your DPD PARCEL WIZARD no. XXXX has been scheduled for delivery to XXXX “ . I don’t always get that message (it is usually just the text with the delivery window) and the parcel is usually delivered the following day.

But the Parcel Wizard app says it is on the van and out for delivery - with a delivery date of the the 14th.

Does this just mean that at the moment they are too busy to specify a time but will send that text later? We all do need to go out today at various times but the Parcel Wizard has “deliver to neighbour” ( which I didn’t choose and can’t get rid of) and Saturday means not the usual driver who knows where to bring it if no one is in.

A few minutes ago I git a text stating “Your DPD PARCEL WIZARD no. XXXX has been scheduled for delivery to XXXX “ . I don’t always get that message (it is usually just the text with the delivery window) and the parcel is usually delivered the following day.

But the Parcel Wizard app says it is on the van and out for delivery - with a delivery date of the the 14th.

Does this just mean that at the moment they are too busy to specify a time but will send that text later? We all do need to go out today at various times but the Parcel Wizard has “deliver to neighbour” ( which I didn’t choose and can’t get rid of) and Saturday means not the usual driver who knows where to bring it if no one is in.

Deliver to a neighbour is an option there to select if you want to if you leave it the. It will come to your house
    Sometimes times aren’t given lately depending on how busy the driver is he may not know the route either, if your number is on your account they may call you if nobody is home
    Mine are all being left at the door or the recycling bin these days

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Deliver to a neighbour is an option there to select if you want to if you leave it the. It will come to your house
    Sometimes times aren’t given lately depending on how busy the driver is he may not know the route either, if your number is on your account they may call you if nobody is home
    Mine are all being left at the door or the recycling bin these days

Sorry maybe I phrased it in a way that seemed like I don’t know what it means but what I meant was the delivery to neighbour option was something I picked - it is just there and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

The regular driver knows an alternate address or to leave it in the porch but with the delivery window someone can usually be here. A different driver might follow the instruction to leave with a neighbour - which is the right thing to do as far as they know.. I just don’t t want that.

I’m just wondering if a text will come later.

I know I asked this same question last Christmas.

Does anyone know how to change the “leave with neighbour”?m

EDIT: I now have a delivery window - either the Parcel Wizard app has updated the information or that time window was there the whole time and I’m too thick to have noticed it. :p

Also, I noticed yesterday that a delivery from an eBayer didn’t show in the app at all.

I was only able to track it on a third party tracking app. Turns out the seller had given me an international tracking number but the DPD support agent was not able to explain I couldn’t track or why other deliveries from the U.K. can be tracked.

Sorry maybe I phrased it in a way that seemed like I don’t know what it means but what I meant was the delivery to neighbour option was something I picked - it is just there and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

The regular driver knows an alternate address or to leave it in the porch but with the delivery window someone can usually be here. A different driver might follow the instruction to leave with a neighbour - which is the right thing to do as far as they know.. I just don’t t want that.

I’m just wondering if a text will come later.

I know I asked this same question last Christmas.

Does anyone know how to change the “leave with neighbour”?m

EDIT: I now have a delivery window - either the Parcel Wizard app has updated the information or that time window was there the whole time and I’m too thick to have noticed it. :p

Manage delivery in the app

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Manage delivery in the app

There is no option to edit or remove the leave with neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have a delivery of Artisan chocolates that was supposed to reach PW early in the week but was only delivered by Royal Mail today. It was signed for and not refused. What are the chances of me getting it? I can't see the seller refunding me if they are returned to her.

Advertisement