Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

@DPD: Signed up for the service yesterday.

Thank you for adding the "My Virtual Address" option, realistically its the main thing I would be looking for when I go to your site so great job making it so promninent.

Couple of things on it though. When buying something on ebay I needed to add a County, maybe that could be added too (I was pretty sure it was Antrim but had to check). Also I needed to add a phone number, I presume this is for delivery purposes so maybe it would be good to include that too?

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Morning!
    Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated and great to get the feedback especially as its so new. Good points made, yes indeed the County is Antrim which we may add to the info and as some UK sites only accept a UK phone number, the following contact number can be used for that depot 028 91240365.
    Thanks again, Ciara.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

we didn't get a text with the delivery time

Really sorry to hear this. Could you please supply me with your tracking number so I can investigate why this happened. Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

That should be fine. Just send us the tracking number when you get it.

Liam

I seem to be going around in circles ... Can you tell me what the extra charge on it would be ... having no idea I don't want to order anything oversized before I have an idea of how much it would cost to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Only wrote: »
    I seem to be going around in circles ... Can you tell me what the extra charge on it would be ... having no idea I don't want to order anything oversized before I have an idea of how much it would cost to deliver

Suspect the answer might be they can't accept it
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

So if you know it's going to be bigger than that, don't order it

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Suspect the answer might be they can't accept it

So if you know it's going to be bigger than that, don't order it

If something is bigger than the dimensions above what happens? Is there an oversize charge?

Only wrote: »

Hi Only,

The dimensions that you sent over yesterday should be fine, meaning no extra charge will apply.
    There is no real set price for oversized parcels as it would depend on size and weight. I would advise you to contact us prior to ordering any oversized items and we will be able to advise you of any extra costs depending on the size and weight at the time. Liam

Berty wrote: »
    Filled in the form on your website.

Hi Berty,
    Can you please PM us with your email address so we can have a look for you. Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Signed up last week and took advantage of 2 deliveries already. Great to have the delivery service rather than a locker (for me anyway). Good to see some competition in this sector. Good experience so far.

Hi Only,

The dimensions that you sent over yesterday should be fine, meaning no extra charge will apply.
    There is no real set price for oversized parcels as it would depend on size and weight. I would advise you to contact us prior to ordering any oversized items and we will be able to advise you of any extra costs depending on the size and weight at the time. Liam

Ok, thanks for that

• Advertisement

2) It's not mentioned in the FAQ of their website what they do if an oversized parcel arrives.
    3) I e-mailed them & got no reply.

Hi Kenny,
    We can be flexible as we deliver to your door and not to a locker, please contact us prior to ordering any oversized parcels and we can advise you of any extra charges. Liam

Me too - 3 days ago. No reply.

Really sorry to hear this. Please PM us your email address in order to see what happened. Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi Berty,
    Can you please PM us with your email address so we can have a look for you. Liam

Ciara is on it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Regarding the UK phone number that some sites require. One i used recently had the +44 perma selected. So i just put 35385xxxxxxx in the box. The site i ordered from called me with a question about the order. I also noticed on my invoice that the +44 was omitted from my number. So maybe some sites are wise enough to recognize the international code or somebody figures it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

OK signed up today, for the life of me on website I cannot see where it lists I have 3 free deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    OK signed up today, for the life of me on website I cannot see where it lists I have 3 free deliveries?

They dont say on the website which is annoying, They email you about payment once the 3 are up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

They dont say on the website which is annoying, They email you about payment once the 3 are up.

Thanks, first order done so will see how it goes. I use ParcelMotel weekly so might be good option

Hi there, once registered you can avail of three free deliveries via our virtual UK address, info about this is available https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/uk-virtual-address

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further info.

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just wondering seeing as I'm as registered user already and received the email will I get three deliveries for free?

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just wondering seeing as I'm as registered user already and received the email will I get three deliveries for free?

I did and I was registered beforehand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Just had a delivery made to them today and text to say it will be delivered here on Monday. Will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Second delivery received without a hitch. Well done guys!

Hi Barneyrub

Yes indeed, once you are a registered user of Parcel Wizard you are entitled to three free deliveries, happy shopping :-)

Ciara

Hi Barneyrub

Yes indeed, once you are a registered user of Parcel Wizard you are entitled to three free deliveries, happy shopping :-)

Ciara

Should the drivers not be wearing Wizard hats? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got the first of my delieveries today.
    Same as standard service. Got my text this morning with a delivery time. Happy days.

All registered users receive 3 free trips up to 31st December 2015

Berty wrote: »
    @ DPD Ciara/Any DPD Rep.
    Who gives your drivers the permission to forge my signature and choose a random neighbours house to hand in my parcel, not tell me and let me sit at home after work waiting for a neighbour to take their time to knock on my door?

Hi Berty,

Sorry for the late reply. I can see that this wasn't a UK Virtual Address consignment but one coming from our a UK customer of ours. The specific retailer has opted in for the 'Deliver to Neighbour' option, which means that when the driver is allowed to deliver to one of your neighbours, if you're not in.

Having said that, he should then leave a card to your letterbox letting you know where he has left the parcel which he clearly didn't. Please accept our sincere apologies about that. We'll file a complain with your local depot and make sure that it won't happen again.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Berty I just noticed that the tracking number you sent me is from a delivery you got in 2013 :)

Could it be that you have another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Have you guys gotten any Yodel deliveries delivered up north recently? I've read some reports of parcels being delivered by YODEL being delivered to the wrong DPD depot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

We can be flexible as we deliver to your door and not to a locker,

Do you deliver 24/7?

Advertisement